DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 66  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Patrick wrote:
Oh gosh.. I hope Amanda Seyfreid isn't still being considered. She's a boring and average actress. Not to mention everything she's done since Mean Girls has tanked (Except Mama Mia which ran on the merits of Abba and the Broadway show). I'd like it if the movie weren't "star studded." I also liked the girl they chose to play Alice in Burton's re-imagining.. Hopefully they find someone right for the part and not someone who will bring people to the film. I do like this idea, though. I like Cinderella very much - the character and the Disney film.


Could not have agreed more with you. Seyfried is boring and average, and she is not beautiful/pretty enough to play Cinderella IMO. The unknown Mia Wasikowska was really charming as Alice though.

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 am 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 141
Location: England
I disagree I think Mia Wasikowska was kinda dull as Alice. She might be good in other roles but there was something about her that seemed to dull and lifeless.

I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11940
WarriorDreamer wrote:
I think Mia Wasikowska was kinda dull as Alice. She might be good in other roles but there was something about her that seemed to dull and lifeless.


I agree. She did seem quite lifeless in that role. The film was plain bad all around though.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:16 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 4749
Location: The Netherlands
WarriorDreamer wrote:
I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.

Nope, gotta agree with Edward here. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but that's all that I can say in favor of her. So no, I don't think she would be a good Cinderella.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm 
Offline
Gold Collection
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Posts: 141
Location: England
Goliath wrote:
WarriorDreamer wrote:
I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.

Nope, gotta agree with Edward here. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but that's all that I can say in favor of her. So no, I don't think she would be a good Cinderella.



Who do you think would make a good Cinderella?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 237
Location: NJ
I think Mia did great as Alice, she was supposed to be distracted and dull after all ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9287
Location: America
Well, perhaps I don't know enough about Amanda Seyfried, but I do know I found Mia Wasikowska not very good in Alice in Wonderland. I know she was supposed to lose some of her veracity, but she just sounded like she didn't know how to properly say some of her lines, or like she was distracted. And in the end when she is supposed to be the full-of-life Alice, she still wasn't good. If you compare her to Walt Disney's Alice, you can see how Katherine Beaumont is much better.

Dr Frankenollie wrote:
Could you tell us more about your "Broadway musical" version of Cinderella? It sounds interesting.

Well, I don't want to risk any chance if anyone stealing my ideas, whether they're good or not...so I can't say anymore (I edited this after some time to remove what little information I gave out).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Chris Weitz to Write the Screenplay for Mark Romanek’s Live-Action CINDERELLA Movie
http://collider.com/chris-weitz-cindere ... ek/148964/

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9287
Location: America
Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Disney Duster wrote:
Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.


Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 393
Location: dfs
Prince Edward wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.


Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".


Weitz wrote Golden Compass, and the company changed it. His original screenplay is available online and it's wonderful. New Line is the fault behind that atrocious adaptation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9287
Location: America
nomad2010 wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:
Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".


Weitz wrote Golden Compass, and the company changed it. His original screenplay is available online and it's wonderful. New Line is the fault behind that atrocious adaptation

Oh thank God. And maybe this is kinda like what happened to Brave...but they trust Linda Woolverton, a woman, to write Mlaeficent like they also did for Alice in Wonderland...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11940
Quote:
Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to play the evil stepmother in Disney's live-action Cinderella remake. Mark Romanek will direct the reimagining of the classic fairy tale from a screenplay by Chris Weitz. Simon Kinberg is producing.


Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ett-394927

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 10087
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Ooh, that would be nice. :D I love her, and she could give the stepmother a regal feel.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:57 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:19 am
Posts: 8177
Location: Appleton, WI
nomad2010 wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:
Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.


Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".


Weitz wrote Golden Compass, and the company changed it. His original screenplay is available online and it's wonderful. New Line is the fault behind that atrocious adaptation
i know its late but can i get a link?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:59 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1103
Location: Athens, Greece
Meh... Has "cliché" written all over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9287
Location: America
Very exciting! She will really give this film depth and prestige. I was even wondering if this was still happening! Thanks Sotiris!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 11940
Quote:
With Cate Blanchett in negotiations to play the evil stepmother in the Mouse House's live-action remake of "Cinderella," the studio has begun narrowing its search for the classic fairy tale's title character, sure to be a star-making role.

The three foreign-born actresses who will soon be testing for director Mark Romanek are established Irish thesp Saoirse Ronan ("The Host"), up-and-coming Swedish thesp Alicia Vikander and Brit thesp Gabriella Wilde, who appeared in "The Three Musketeers" and just wrapped the role of Sue Snell in Sony/MGM's "Carrie" remake.

Chris Weitz ("About a Boy") wrote the pic, which Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") sold to Disney as a pitch back in 2010. Simon Kinberg ("Elysium") is producing the project, which Disney set up in May 2010 following the success of its live-action adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland."


Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062948?refCatId=13

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 8:39 am
Posts: 475
I don't know much that any of the three girls have done. Visually speaking, I think Saoirse Ronan would be a good fit for Cinderella. I think Gabriella Wilde is too typically pretty and would have to have a stripped down face (i.e. little makeup) to look like Cinderella. If they decided to keep Cindy blonde (dipped with strawberry *cough cough*) I can't imagine Alicia Vikande looking good. :P

Anyway, very exciting that this is moving forward.

_________________
http://thedisnerd.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:02 am
Posts: 9287
Location: America
Yay! Even more! Thanks Sotiris!

Lnds500 wrote:
Meh... Has "cliché" written all over it.

What do you mean, can you elaborate? Because Cate Blanchett, who played the mos famous (and good) queen ever, sounds like a rather different approach to the typical "evil stepmother".

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 66  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group