Cinderella (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Cool! I like Amanda! If I were casting a live action Cinderella film, she would probably be my pick! If this were a musical, it would be an added bonus!
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Amanda Seyfried? Dissapointing news in my opinion. She is not Cinderella to me, and I don't like her acting. To be shallow, I don't think she has the right look, she is cute for sure but not beautiful enough for the role IMO. But, perhaps it will work when she is dressed up for the role.
Last edited by Prince Edward on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Prince Edward wrote:perhaps it will work when she is dressed up for the role.
If someone photoshopped Amanda Seyfried's face to this, we might have some idea of what she'll look like...

Damn. Now I want Scarlett Johansson to be Cinderella again.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Amanda Seyfried Rumored for Live-Action CINDERELLA
After the billion-dollar worldwide success of Alice in Wonderland, Disney is digging through their animated vaults for inspiration, including a live-action edition of Cinderella. Currently, the rumor mill suggests that Amanda Seyfried possesses the foot upon which the glass slipper fits, and has signed on to star in the remake.
http://www.collider.com/2010/06/30/aman ... h-mckenna/
Disney Duster

Amanda Seyfried in Live-Action Cinderella

Post by Disney Duster »

Did you know Amanda Seyfried was born in my state, in my area, in a ? She liked Dorney Park just like me!

Cinderella, Seyfried, my home area...is it all magical fate?! Just like the fairy tale...

Also, she was in Mean Girls (she was really different and funny there, she really can act!) and in the video of Disney Princesses parodying the trailer, her character was Cinderella! Weird fate again?! Though in that video that meant Cinderella was the dumbest one, which I didn't think was accurate as I think Cinderella is smarter than Aurora and Ariel, but...
Sotiris

Disney's Live-Action Cinderella (2015)

Post by Sotiris »

Disney is trying to fit the glass slipper on Mark Romanek. The studio is circling Romanek, the accomplished video director and helmer of the features Never Let Me Go and One Hour Photo, to steer a new version of Cinderella, based on the pitch that The Devil Wears Prada scribe Aline Brosh McKenna sold to Disney last year in a seven-figure deal.

The studio bought that project after its billion-dollar grossing 3D Alice in Wonderland opened the floodgates on movies based on public domain fairy tales. Simon Kinberg is producing, and insiders describe Brosh McKenna's script as the re-imaging of the classic tale where the prince is set for a politically arranged marriage, until the evil plan is threatened when the prince meets Cinderella. No deal yet, but it’s moving toward one and the picture is a priority for the studio.
Source: http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/disney- ... inderella/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Cue angry Disney Duster reaction in 3... 2... 1...
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Hmmmmm....I can NOT believe I'm saying this :o , but this looks interesting!

But, Disney PLEASEEEE STOP IT WITH THE REMAKES! :x
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The brief synopsis almost reads like Maid in Manhatten. :P

But I think this is a re-make that makes a lot of (business) sense, tbh. "Cinderella" is considered the ultimate romance, and a film based on the story would no doubt attract the same demographic for rom-coms.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Surprisingly...this doesn't sound too bad. Mark Romanek is a brilliant director (One Hour Photo is a complete and utter masterpiece), and the small amount of plot revealed seems somewhat intriguing.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

This could always work as Cinderella re-makes are always pretty good it is because of the story I guess. I also loved Ever After :D
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

As long as it is set in the past and is still a "fairytale", then I am all aboard.

If it's just another romatic comedy set in modern times, then I could not care less. Then it's no longer Cinderella. Just like that Snow White-film Disney are making, the one set in China.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Yeah please, please please set it in archaic times. I've had enough of these modern versions of fairy tales hiring the latest Disney star in them.

While I would like to see live action versions of alot of the Disney films I'd like to see them done differently.

I liked how different 2010's Alice in Wonderland was to the Disney and original version. Even though I prefer the original concept it was still an awesome film.

If they can put a different spin on the Cinderella story but still infuse it with some Disney magic I'm all aboard for it.

I think it's been a while since they've had a really great Cinderella live action film set in the olden times.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

The politcally arranged marriage storyline occured in Ever After with Prince Henry of France and Princess Gabriella of Spain. And yes, that engagement was threatened when Henry meets Danielle, aka Cinderella.

But, I'll welcome this version! There are many ways to tell the same story and I love the Cinderella story. :)
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Ack! Next thing we know, Disney will want to remake The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast! XP

To be honest, if anyone sees the 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie as a remake, I honestly see it as a technical/unofficial sequel to the 1951 animated version.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Wait, I think Hell has just frozen over...

Jackoleen has made a post that makes sense! :o

And I agree with it! :o :o
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

This already had a thread, but the search function is still wonky...

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ella+pitch

Last we had heard, Amanda Seyfried was possible to star as Cinderella, which I liked the sound of. However, last time I checked, her agent or something said she was not in it, and since it hasn't been mentioned in this news, she's probably not going to be in it.

I wondered if this movie was really going to happen, and I'm glad that it looks like it is, but I am slightly worried because, well, I wanted to one day make my own live-action version of Walt's Cinderella.

But if this is not going to be like Walt's, but more like that Tim Burton re-imagining, which is just a little bit like Walt's, then I will be very, very, happy and excited!

I mean, as long as it's not a remake of the original animated film, and just a re-imagining, it's just, well, fun. It's not meant to be a replacement. No one really cares about Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland anymore, we all still like and remember the Walt one best.

The idea of the prince's "evil" arranged marriage doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me, despite being interesting. But it reminds me of what I considered for my "Broadway musical" version of Walt's Cinderella that I wrote ideas down for, where I made the King a villain for trying to control his son's life so much. The Walt Disney Family Musuem revealed that Walt actually liked the King, because during the film's production, he, too, wanted grandchildren very much. So I decided not to really make him a villain.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Disney Duster wrote:But it reminds me of what I considered for my "Broadway musical" version of Walt's Cinderella that I wrote ideas down for, where I made the King a villain for trying to control his son's life so much. The Walt Disney Family Musuem revealed that Walt actually liked the King, because during the film's production, he, too, wanted grandchildren very much. So I decided not to really make him a villain.
Could you tell us more about your "Broadway musical" version of Cinderella? It sounds interesting.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Oh gosh.. I hope Amanda Seyfreid isn't still being considered. She's a boring and average actress. Not to mention everything she's done since Mean Girls has tanked (Except Mama Mia which ran on the merits of Abba and the Broadway show). I'd like it if the movie weren't "star studded." I also liked the girl they chose to play Alice in Burton's re-imagining.. Hopefully they find someone right for the part and not someone who will bring people to the film. I do like this idea, though. I like Cinderella very much - the character and the Disney film.