Favorite current Disney Channel show?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Favorite current Disney Channel show?

Post by DisneyFan09 »

If this topic is already been posted in another thread, I'm sorry, but I tried to search for a similar thread everywhere and couldn't find it.

But anyway; Which of the current Disney Channel shows is your favorite? And why?

Here's my list;

1. Wizards of Waverly Place.
2. Sonny With a Chance
3. JONAS.

All of the three shows are entertaining and watchable. I used to like Hannah Montana a lot, but now that show has declined.
Last edited by DisneyFan09 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

1) Sonny
2) Sonny
3) Sonny
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

1) Phineas and Ferb
2) ... uhm..., oké, you got me. This is quite the brain-buster.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Hannah Montana, with JONAS being a very close second...or those two tied for first...it's a hard decision!
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I don't watch the Disney Channel....nothing on there interests me since they removed all the classic Disney movies/shows....
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

carolinakid wrote:I don't watch the Disney Channel....nothing on there interests me since they removed all the classic Disney movies/shows....
Ditto.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

buffalobill wrote:
carolinakid wrote:I don't watch the Disney Channel....nothing on there interests me since they removed all the classic Disney movies/shows....
Ditto.
Ditto times two.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

They do have some animated movies that I like, but only P&F do I watch now.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

About the only show I ever watch on there is Wizards.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

The classic movies/shows were the reason for me to watch Disney Channel in the first place. Although I do enjoy some of their current show, I'm still a sucker for the classic movies.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Ditto. I don't even get Disney Channel anymore, it's so worthless.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

jediliz wrote:1) Sonny
2) Sonny
3) Sonny
Sonny rocks. I understand why some people think it's bad, but personally I like it.

But "Wizards" seems like the only current Disney show that it's okay to like.
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

Wizards of Waverly Place
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Wizard of Waverly Place, unless we're including older stuff they still run, like Lilo and Stitch, Emperor's New School, Lizzie McGuire, Little Mermaid, and Kim Possible.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I used to like Wizards once in awhile, but after they put on that "Wizards vs Werewolves" episode and SATURATED us with it (almost every day it aired after its premiere) I got sick of it.

I do own a handful of episodes I bought on iTunes, but the show has become boring for me.

And its basically Disney Channel's answer to Harry Potter. Too many harry potter jokes (Wiz Tech and their uniform? Professor Crumbs? Way to be creative, Disney :roll: ).

I prefer Sonny with a Chance cause I love Channy. ;)

(Channy = Sonny+Chad)
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

slave2moonlight wrote:Wizard of Waverly Place, unless we're including older stuff they still run, like Lilo and Stitch, Emperor's New School, Lizzie McGuire, Little Mermaid, and Kim Possible.
Yeah, I like "Lilo & Stitch" the series (actually better than the movie, in my opinion). I used to like Lizzie McGuire and Little Mermaid too, but I've never watched Kim Possible. And Emperor's New School is just too silly for me.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

jediliz wrote:
And its basically Disney Channel's answer to Harry Potter. Too many harry potter jokes (Wiz Tech and their uniform? Professor Crumbs? Way to be creative, Disney :roll: ).

I prefer Sonny with a Chance cause I love Channy. ;)

(Channy = Sonny+Chad)
Well, uh, that Wiz Tech stuff was a parody of Harry Potter, so... And, frankly, Harry Potter isn't even all that original if you know about other stuff like Worst Witch. Anyway, the fact that Wizards of Waverly Place is a comedy show makes it very different.

I didn't see all of it, but what I saw was pretty funny (and Selena looked great even in the glasses, ha), and the show in general is surprisingly funny (I could do without the little bro most of the time though, and the mom is annoying to me because she reminds me of everyone in the town I live, only better looking).

As for Sonny with a Chance, ugh, I can't stand it.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

[quote] I didn't see all of it, but what I saw was pretty funny (and Selena looked great even in the glasses, ha), and the show in general is surprisingly funny (I could do without the little bro most of the time though, and the mom is annoying to me because she reminds me of everyone in the town I live, only better looking)[quote]

Selena looks funny in those glasses... But she's still cute.

I do find Max (the little bro) funny at times. When it comes to the mom, I disagree. She can be intrusive, but not severly annoying.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I watched a few of the early Sonny With a Chance episodes and I thought it was pretty good.

I cant get into Wizards of Waverly Place because it constantly pushes the same morals in your face that Sabrina the Teenage Witch did: dont fool around with magic. Hey now! Dont blame the kids if they were born with something that doesnt make them normal and youre forcing them to live a normal life! :lol:

I miss Lilo & Stitch the Series and American Dragon: Jake Long.
myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

I love Wizards. I think it's a genuinely good show and I would probably watch it even if it was on another channel (and then maybe they'd have normal DVD releases). JONAS is a close second, but that's just because I'm a huge Jonas Brothers fan (yes, such people exist) and it's hilariously tongue-in-cheek. I don't really watch other shows, though Sonny seemed all right.