DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 85  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:44 pm 
Limited Edition

Great news!:D

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 am 
Gold Collection

looking forward to how this will turn out but wonder how strong disney fans' view?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 am 
Gold Collection

Tristy wrote:
Hm. I don't think I really like the idea of Angelina Jolie as Maleficent.

And...um...what was that thing she said about not showing her children Disney movies because they didn't have African characters in them?

Personally I don't like the idea of AJ being Maleficent either
Gonna be rude, if I may: I think AJ is better in Playing a ho instead of such a great villain. It'll destroy my greatness in Maleficent, so I'm not gonna see it!
Michelle Pfeiffer was a better pick!!!

@Tristy: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

Just my opinion :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 am 
Limited Edition

stitchje1981 wrote:
that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

FYI, Jolie made a comment complaining there were no black Disney Princesses WAY BEFORE Princess & the Frog ever came out. Perhaps since Tiana, she's had a change of heart. (she didn't say there were no black characters ever, and even if she did, what on Earth does mentioning Asian characters have to do proving against there being no black characters? :roll: )

Also, Jolie is an Academy Award winning actress. Yes, she's made some bad movies, but the talent is there. The success of this film is going to stand with the director. Your "ho" comment is kind of immature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:12 am 
Gold Collection

DancingCrab wrote:
stitchje1981 wrote:
that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it! What about Tiana, The Princess And The Frog? Dr. Sweet in Atlantis? Or Mulan and Brother Bear they're Asian? The black little flying horse in Fantasia? etc....

FYI, Jolie made a comment complaining there were no black Disney Princesses WAY BEFORE Princess & the Frog ever came out. Perhaps since Tiana, she's had a change of heart. (she didn't say there were no black characters ever, and even if she did, what on Earth does mentioning Asian characters have to do proving against there being no black characters? :roll: )

Also, Jolie is an Academy Award winning actress. Yes, she's made some bad movies, but the talent is there. The success of this film is going to stand with the director. Your "ho" comment is kind of immature.

I didn't know when she made that quote, I just read it here on this forum :)... So I just reacted on that...
Mostly, here in Belgium anyway ( to make sure I'm not! :D), a lot of people who dislike black people have the same way about anyone who's different then white, so that why I mentioned Asian aswell

I really don't like her, it was just my opinion I didn't mean to hurt someone's feeling about AJ, if that happend I'm sorry for what I said :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 am 
Limited Edition

:lol: I wouldn't say my feelings were hurt. It just sounded like you were making a few assumptions, and I, being kind of a bitch, couldn't help swooping in and playing the know it all. :wink:

Also, here is a "retooled" version of a poster I did WAY back when the film was first announced... (forgive the photoshop being slightly crude)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:56 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ That's a great poster actually! Of course it's not professional in the Photoshopping but it's still very well done and a great concept, would be a good teaser!

stitchje1981 wrote:
@Tristy: that is just awfull not to let her show her kids Disney movies because they're are no African characters in it!

Aside from the fact she meant there were no black princesses (or more probably she meant no black female protagonists), I think she did show them Disney movies just didn't want to show them too many that had so many white people as the main characters because she has so many African American children and felt they'd be hurt by always seeing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 am 
Limited Edition

I don't know how I feel about it. I think she looks the part but I've only liked her in 2 movies of the several that I've seen her in. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:27 am 
Gold Collection

DancingCrab wrote:
:lol: I wouldn't say my feelings were hurt. It just sounded like you were making a few assumptions, and I, being kind of a bitch, couldn't help swooping in and playing the know it all. :wink:

Also, here is a "retooled" version of a poster I did WAY back when the film was first announced... (forgive the photoshop being slightly crude)

:lol:
Well kind of bitch :D I like your poster, very mysterious, great colors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Sources tell Twitch that Elle Fanning is now in talks for the role of Princess Aurora in Disney's Maleficent. Fanning is not a particularly surprising choice - there being a shortage of young stars with name power to even come close to Angelina Jolie's - but that makes her no less a good one. The younger Fanning sister has proven to be talented and versatile to this point in her career, and being sought after by directors such as David Fincher, Francis Ford Coppola, and Cameron Crowe should tell you a thing or two about how people feel about her within the industry.

Source: http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/03/brea ... ficent.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 pm 
Platinum Edition

Took a look at her pictures, and I KNOW she doesn't look VERY much like Aurora...but she looks perfect for an interpretation of the gorgeous, babied, innocent, precious, budding, "symbolically young and good" Aurora. Perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Elle Fanning? Okay. I can picture her as Aurora. I'm so glad that it isn't someone like Snooki or Miley Cyrus. I'm really relieved!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:56 am 
Collector's Edition

Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' Will Start Shooting in June

Quote:
Disney's Maleficent, a live-action origins story starring Angelina Jolie as one of Disney's most iconic villians, is eyeing a June start date in London.

Link - [url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/angelina-jolie-maleficent-elle-fanning-297797[/url

Omg Yes! I'm so glad they're shooting so soon! And to be filmed in London?!?! I can't wait to see some filming pictures :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:54 am 
Platinum Edition

DisneyDude2010 wrote:
Angelina Jolie's 'Maleficent' Will Start Shooting in June

Quote:
Disney's Maleficent, a live-action origins story starring Angelina Jolie as one of Disney's most iconic villians, is eyeing a June start date in London.

Link - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/angelina-jolie-maleficent-elle-fanning-297797

Omg Yes! I'm so glad they're shooting so soon! And to be filmed in London?!?! I can't wait to see some filming pictures :D

Great news! It's about time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 am 
Limited Edition

Really disappointed about Elle Fanning. She is 13 years old! That is just wrong. The actress should at least be 16 like in the 1959 movie, or rather 18 years or older, even in her 20s. A 13 year old getting engaged? She is supposed to be a grown up princess, not a child. This is not Alice in Wonderland.

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 am 
Platinum Edition

Prince Edward wrote:
Really disappointed about Elle Fanning. She is 13 years old! That is just wrong. The actress should at least be 16 like in the 1959 movie, or rather 18 years or older, even in her 20s. A 13 year old getting engaged? She is supposed to be a grown up princess, not a child. This is not Alice in Wonderland.

That age is usually when people got married during the medieval ages...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:38 am 
Limited Edition

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:

That age is usually when people got married during the medieval ages...

True, but it is not fitting for a movie made in modern times in my opinion. I believe it will look strange. And even Walt Disney's masterpiece stated she was 16. Aurora should be a beautiful, adult princess. Late in her teens or in her (early) 20s in my opinion, not a child.

I am excited though about what focus this movie will get. Maleficent and Aurora have minimal interaction with eachother in the 1959 movie. Even though I understand that this movie will focus on Maleficent and things that are not featured in Walt's classic, I do hope we get to see some of prince Philip, king Stefan, king Hubert, the queen and the three fairies, and I hope we get to see Maleficent put her curse on Aurora, Philip battle Maleficent in dragon form and Philip awakening Aurora with a kiss. Basicly that they keep the main plot from the movie, but that they feature more about Maleficent and what happened to her before the 1959 movie and during all those years Aurora was in the woods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:17 am 
Limited Edition

I think that they're not gonna focus on the princess when she was 16, this is a prequel or a midequel at least so maybe Elle Fanning's age is perfect for the role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Plus, if you've seen Super 8, Fanning looks and sounds a lot older than her age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:12 am 
Platinum Edition

Prince Edward wrote:
True, but it is not fitting for a movie made in modern times in my opinion. I believe it will look strange. And even Walt Disney's masterpiece stated she was 16. Aurora should be a beautiful, adult princess. Late in her teens or in her (early) 20s in my opinion, not a child.

I somewhat agree, except that like others said, this adaptation may not show her at 16, and she can seem older. And did you also know Snow White was 14 when she married her prince in Disney's version, and in the original Sleeping Beauty tale the princess pricked her finger and married the prince at either 15 or 16 (with 100 years of age-defying sleep)?

I think that this adaptation will show her at (what is supposed to be) 16 though, because I think this film will cover all of Maleficent's life, not just a prequel and midquel. A film with the title Maleficent feel's like it would show the entire life of it's title character. I certainly hope that is the case!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 85  Next