Parent Trap: 2-Movie Collection: is it fair marketing?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
waltmad
Gold Classic Collection
Location: In this world, but not of it. On my way upward to my eternal home

Parent Trap: 2-Movie Collection: is it fair marketing?

Post by waltmad »

if parent trap 1 & 2 are replacing the release of parent trap 1, so you have 2 copies of the same film, how long befoe we get a box set of 1 to 4 so we can get rid of the 1st & 2nd discs we spent our hard earned cash on. come on disney, you need to make a living, the same as us, but be fair to the loyal fans/collecters that pay your wages. i dont know another reputable company that markets in this fashion.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

At the moment, and in The Parent Traps case, I think it is fair. Because you don't pay more than $19.99 for both movies, which is the same price as most barebones live-action movies anyway.

So in effect, even if you already have the Vault Disney collection, you're getting Parent Trap II for the same price as if it had been released on its own.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Must agree with Sir Netty of 2099wich. I think that Disney is really trying to reach those who haven't bought <i>The Parent Trap</i> because it's been years since it was a new release and it wasn't properly promoted as such. There are plenty of folks like us who did buy it and who are only excited about the new DVD for <i>The Parent Trap II</i>, but like the well-informed poster above me points out, you're getting one of the two for free (based on the SRP), so it's sort of a win-win situation.
waltmad
Gold Classic Collection
Location: In this world, but not of it. On my way upward to my eternal home

Post by waltmad »

you are lucky to only have to pay $19.99 for two films.we can pay double that for one film in u.k. so to buy the same twice in some countries can work out to be expensive.even if it was cheap, why repackage with one of the sequals, & not sell the sequal seperate to the 1st one as well, at a cheaper price. or better still a box set of all four from the start? when buying so many from 1 collection ie disney,every penny counts.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

waltmad wrote: why repackage with one of the sequals, & not sell the sequal seperate to the 1st one as well, at a cheaper price. or better still a box set of all four from the start?
Because not every Joe Bob is a big Disney fan like most peeps here, so they may remember The Parent Trap, but have no idea what The Parent Trap II is, much less III and IV. Disney's reaching out to the casual fan who didn't jump at the first chance to buy the film, so they're pushing it again, but trying to make it look like a bargain by making it a two-for-one deal.

I wished they'd have released II on its own, because it's basically a big screw-us-over from Disney by having the early purchasers of the movie double-dip simply for one movie, but there isn't much marketing to be done for Parent Trap II. "Buy the Made-For-TV 1986 sequel to The Parent Trap today!" doesn't sound very appealing, and I doubt Joe Bob would pay for a TV Movie just because it has the Disney name on it. BUT, the Joe Bob would remember a classic movie from his/her youth, and think, "Hey, maybe I should buy this and see it again! What's that? It has the sequel? Wow, I didn't even know there was a sequel! And look at the price!"

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Parent Trap: 2-Movie Collection: is it fair marketing?

Post by carolinakid »

The 1961 Hayley Mills Parent Trap is the only one in my book. I turned off the Lindsay Lohan version after about 20 minutes. I tried but I couldn’t do it....
Never saw any of the sequels or other remakes.