Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Re: Disenchanted

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Hopefully it all stays in the final version. Seven songs plus reprises is a dream
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I really wonder how I will get to watch this film without access to Disney+. :(

If it weren't a Disney+ exclusive it would get a home video release on blu-ray, which would make it accessible to me.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Honestly, just sign up for Disney+, watch what you need to watch and then cancel before you're charged next. Then it's basically the equivalent of buying a movie ticket, but you also have access to a lot of other movies, too. I did that when "Wolfwalkers" was released. I subscribed to Apple TV+, watched that film and a few other things that interested me and then I cancelled before the month was up.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I have a feeling they'll eventually release a two-pack of Enchanted with Disenchanted. It's the only reason I'm not picking up Enchanted on Blu-ray yet.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I think Jules might not live in the states or something, by saying he doesn't have have "access" to it. So its probably not just being unwilling to get it, he cant for some reason. Just my speculation though, could be wrong.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Adam Shankman has posted this on Instagram:
I’m smiling this big (and believe me: it’s big) because I’m back at work and I freaking love my job and there’s huge news coming this week on #disenchanted and #hocuspocus2 to discuss and we will lean into it all. Just know: it’s all REALLY REALLY good. Wahoooooo!!!
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO5ywKIjqRr/

Is he referring to news for himself and the people who are making these movies or news that are going to be announced to the public? And if it's the latter, what could it be?
Sotiris wrote:Idina Menzel will be singing two songs in the film. One will be a solo and the other a duet or an ensemble song.
It was clear she was going to sing this time, but it's great that she'll have more than one song!
Sotiris wrote:
The work on the sequel has brought Stephen and Alan closer to their usual collaborative way of working on stage musicals—that is, this time they are not being asked to write particular songs that someone else pre-planned. “When we started writing the songs for Enchanted, the script was done and most of the song placements were already in the script,” Stephen recalls. “For Disenchanted, the song choices came much more out of our collaboration with Adam Shankman, the director, and Brigitte Hales, the (current) screenwriter.”
Source: https://www.theschwartzscene.com/quarte ... ring-2021/
It's great that the composers had more input this time. I didn't know they didn't have much in the first film. However, the songs turned out great in my opinion, so maybe they would do a good job anyway.
Kyle wrote:I think Jules might not live in the states or something, by saying he doesn't have have "access" to it. So its probably not just being unwilling to get it, he cant for some reason. Just my speculation though, could be wrong.
Yes, he's from Malta. I guess there's no Disney+ there yet, but couldn't the service launch there before this movie is released or is that unlikely to happen?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Hey estefan! Yes, as Kyle and D82 have pointed out, Disney+ is not available in Malta. However I admit that I am somewhat unwilling to subscribe, and I did write about that a few months back, so I understand why you thought that that was the reason.

I do expect Disney+ will eventually make its way to Malta, but I don't think Disney is in a hurry to make that a reality considering the tiny market here. To be fair, similarly tiny Iceland does have Disney+, but I think it would have been pretty insulting if Finland, Sweden and Norway got it and they didn't, lol. :wink:

As far as I know the only streaming services presently available in Malta are Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV+. I only found out about the last one recently - apparently it has been available since January!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think the good news for Disenchanted will be that it gets hand-drawn animation.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

That's hardly "huge". I would bet on something like it being moved to cinemas or another big casting announcement.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I dont know how this wouldn't get played in theaters honestly (unless it truly is bottom of the barrel). Especially since they will be wanting to return to theaters in general, by the time this releases things should be re opened back up but still in a state of recovery.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

rodrigo_ca wrote:I would bet on something like it being moved to cinemas or another big casting announcement.
Oh, it would be so great if it was announced it would be moved to cinemas! I hope it's that. Confirmation that the film has hand-drawn animation would be great too, but since he said it's news for both Disenchanted and Hocus Pocus 2, I think it'll be something related to both like what you said or a release date announcement, for example.

Speaking of that, the other day I realized that, unless they give the film a limited run in theaters like Netflix does with some of their films, the songs won't be able to be nominated at the Oscars, so a theatrical release would be good for that too.
Jules wrote:I do expect Disney+ will eventually make its way to Malta, but I don't think Disney is in a hurry to make that a reality considering the tiny market here. To be fair, similarly tiny Iceland does have Disney+, but I think it would have been pretty insulting if Finland, Sweden and Norway got it and they didn't, lol. :wink:
It's true, Malta is a very small market. I see why it's not a priority for them. It's a shame, but if Disney+ finally arrives there, I think what estefan said is a good advice. It's what I did too at first.
Last edited by D82 on Sun May 16, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think the film getting hand-drawn animation is huge. But the films getting released to theaters is also hugely and would be really, really great, too!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^It's huge for us, but I don't know if it would for the public in general. Anyway, if that's what it is, I'll be very happy too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You are right about that, but I thought it would also be huge for Adam Shankman as well, like maybe he really liked the animation in Enchanted or is even a classic Disney hand-drawn animation fan.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

#Disenchanted has started production! Directed by Adam Shankman, starring Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Idina Menzel, Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jayma Mays, Kolton Stewart, Oscar Nuñez & Gabby Baldacchino.

#Disenchanted is streaming on @DisneyPlus in 2022!
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1394341154322268161
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^So it was just a casting announcement after all.
Disney Duster wrote:You are right about that, but I thought it would also be huge for Adam Shankman as well, like maybe he really liked the animation in Enchanted or is even a classic Disney hand-drawn animation fan.
OK, yes, he could've said that because it was huge for him personally. What a shame the news finally wasn't the film getting hand-drawn animation or a theatrical release.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

More details about the cast:
“Disenchanted” stars six time Academy Award-nominated actress Amy Adams as the hopelessly romantic and eternally optimistic Giselle now married and living in Monroeville; Patrick Dempsey (“Grey’s Anatomy”) as Giselle’s husband, the cynical pragmatist Robert Philip; James Marsden (“X-Men”) as the dashing but daft Prince Edward from Andalasia; Idina Menzel (“Frozen”) as Nancy Tremaine, the former dress maker now married to Prince Edward; Maya Rudolph (“Saturday Night Live”) as Malvina, Giselle’s new adversary in Monroeville; Kolton Stewart (Nickelodeon’s “Some Assembly Required”) as Malvina’s son; Yvette Nicole Brown (“Lady and the Tramp”) as Rosalyn; Jayma Mays (“Glee”) as Ruby; Oscar Nunez (“The Office”) as Edgar; and introduces Gabriella Baldacchino as Robert Philip’s now grown daughter, Morgan. Baldacchino, a 19-year-old from Glen Rock, New Jersey, makes her feature film debut in “Disenchanted.”
And new official synopsis:
“Disenchanted” features the much-anticipated return of Giselle, the princess from the fairy tale world of Andalasia banished to Manhattan who found her real Princess Charming in divorce lawyer Robert Philip. 15 years later, Giselle moves to the suburb of Monroeville with Robert and their teenage daughter Morgan, where she must juggle the challenges that come with a new home and discover what happily ever after truly means to her and her new family.
Source: https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney-of ... roduction/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I still don't understand why they recast Morgan. I hate recasting and this one in particular seems to have no rhyme or reason behind it. I highly doubt they offered Rachel the role but she turned it down. I bet they never even approached her about it which I don't get.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

D82 wrote:
“Disenchanted” features the much-anticipated return of Giselle, the princess from the fairy tale world of Andalasia banished to Manhattan who found her real Princess Charming in divorce lawyer Robert Philip. 15 years later, Giselle moves to the suburb of Monroeville with Robert and their teenage daughter Morgan, where she must juggle the challenges that come with a new home and discover what happily ever after truly means to her and her new family.
:o
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The director called the role of Morgan the lead role. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't like the idea of Giselle not being the focus of the narrative. Do we want another sequel where the previous lead is sidelined in favor of their kid?

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-88PxD46x/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage