Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Disenchanted

Post by D82 »

Adam Shankman has announced on Instagram that the movie has wrapped filming. He also posted this photo of himself and Amy Adams:

Myself and Giselle…errrr….@amyadams would just like to say: And that’s a wrap.
#Disenchanted Coming to you in #2022
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKNyVhK-6j/

Here's also a Monroeville sign spotted on set:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKqvd_IFne/

And here a clapperboard with the provisional name "Clock Tower" on it shared by one of the crew members:

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSMAbgys42A/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Another crew member has shared this photo in which Maya Rudolph appears. I wonder if that's the hair, make up and crown she'll have as Malvina Monroe when the village and its inhabitants get transformed into a fairy tale land.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSO4641MwFH/
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah my guess is that would be the crown, hair, and make-up. I don't like it, but it's not terrible.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Yeah, the hair and makeup is not great and the crown looks cheap, but she'll probably look better in the actual film.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

From the director's Instagram account. Does this mean Giselle will turn into an Elf Queen at some point in the film?

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The elf ear looks quite fake. Maybe it's just that the makeup isn't finished in that photo, but I think it could also be a costume she wears either to a costume party in the film or to the film's wrap party, for example.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I think it could also be a costume she wears either to a costume party in the film or to the film's wrap party, for example.
I think it's going to be a costume she wears at a party earlier in the film to foreshadow the change to fairytale land later on.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^That's possible. Maybe it's at that party where she starts to realize she misses Andalasia and the life she had before coming to our world.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Idina Menzel reveals more details about her songs and about the story:
"They gave me songs. They gave me music to sing, which I didn't have in the first one, which was fine actually, everyone else made a big deal about it," she tells PEOPLE, while discussing her new partnership with Rice Krispies' 365 Days of Love and Support campaign.

"I was happy to be hired as just an actress, but now I'm really excited because these songs, Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken wrote, the songs are incredible," Menzel adds. "But there's so much music, and Amy [Adams] singing her butt off, and it's just Patrick [Dempsey] singing and tap dancing. It's really glorious and joyful and people are going to love it."
Source: https://people.com/movies/idina-menzel- ... exclusive/
“James Marsden and I have remained friends through the years and we just have a blast,” she added. “We have a song together and we get to be really silly and fun. It was great and I’m excited for people to see it.”

The three-time Tony winner will (finally!) get her own solo too. “It’s Stephen Schwartz, who’s like my fairy godmother when it comes to musicals. For anyone who doesn’t know out there, he wrote Wicked. So he wrote it with Alan Menken and it’s this incredible song and then a really important integral moment in the story,” she revealed to Us. “And I feel really lucky for them to have written something like this for me.”
Source: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainmen ... airy-tale/
Although the film was a musical, Menzel didn’t sing a note in “Enchanted.” Will she be singing in the upcoming sequel, “Disenchanted?”

“I sing a lot,” Menzel told Heavy. “I have a beautiful song that Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken wrote for me. It’s a soaring, incredible romantic anthem. I feel really lucky that they wrote it for me.”
Source: https://heavy.com/entertainment/idina-m ... inderella/
"Nancy and Edward are sort of called upon," she teased of where the couple is now, more than a decade since the first film. "Something happens in [the] real world and Nancy and Edward have to come back through the portal and bring some magic from Andalasia and kind of help save the day."

Praising director Adam Shankman as "incredible" and the script as "great," Menzel said she thinks people are going to be "really excited" to reenter that world with her. "There's a lot of surprises," the Frozen star added. "There's a lot of great little Disney Easter eggs in it for people to kind of pick out and discover."
Source: https://popculture.com/movies/news/idin ... exclusive/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm glad she and Marsden are getting a duet, especially since their song was cut in the original. I hope it's not a comedic song though and it's played straight. Her comments about it being silly and fun worry me a bit. Her solo sounds it could be really amazing and something totally in my wheelhouse.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I'm glad she and Marsden are getting a duet, especially since their song was cut in the original.
Me too.
Sotiris wrote:I hope it's not a comedic song though and it's played straight. Her comments about it being silly and fun worry me a bit. Her solo sounds it could be really amazing and something totally in my wheelhouse.
Both songs sound good to me, but I'm also more curious about her solo.

By the way, Disenchanted is not my most anticipated upcoming Disney film, but its soundtrack is probably my most anticipated movie soundtrack.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:By the way, Disenchanted is not my most anticipated upcoming Disney film.
Which one is then?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Right now it's Encanto, but out of Disney's live-action films (not counting Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc.) and unless I'm forgetting some movie now, maybe it is Disenchanted. I'm certainly more excited for it than for the remakes of The Little Mermaid, Pinocchio or Peter Pan, for example.

What about you? What's your most anticipated Disney movie right now? If you don't mind telling us, of course.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'd say Disenchanted and The Little Mermaid. I usually prefer animation, but I'm not feeling Encanto or Searcher Clade from what we've learned about them so far. I think I'm starting to lose interest in WDAS with all the changes and the new direction the studio seems to be heading. Pixar's Turning Red looks cute and I'm curious about Lightyear and how they'll approach that project. Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that's about it.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

OMG this is sounding so good! I'm glad it seems like both Idina and James will get a big part to play in the film, I was worried they'd just have small cameo roles. I hope we do get to see them in their animated forms at least for a bit...but I really hope they dont overdo the Frozen jokes. :P
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It will be interesting to hear Idina Menzel on a Menken song. Now hopefully Menken does the music for Tiana.

I would be more excited for this if it wasn't going to be Disney+ exclusive. Being excited is kind of pointless since I won't see it for years that way. I suppose it's the same way for Hocus Pocus 2, right? I'm not really looking forward to any of Disney's live-action films that will be widely available either. I'd have to resort of Marvel films like Deadpool 3, Eternals, etc.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ I understand Disney wanting to have more control/$ by using Disney+ (vs theaters), but I feel sad for Disney fans that don't have access to the content on Disney+. All our lives we had access to the new releases, and now some people just have no way of seeing them.

HSMTMTS had been shown on Disney Channel at times; do you think that there's hope for some of the "Disney+ Exclusives" to be shown on Disney Channel or ABC, Freeform, etc? Or to at least be released on Blu-ray? Soul + Luca were released on disc, while Togo, Noelle, Godmothered, etc, were not.

Maybe there's hope that a title like Disenchanted will be released on disc since it's a sequel...?
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I'm also a bit salty this is going to Disney+ because I discovered Enchanted way past its release and I always thought I would be able to at least watch the sequel in theatres. I wonder if I would be able to rent a room and watch it...
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:I'd say Disenchanted and The Little Mermaid. I usually prefer animation, but I'm not feeling Encanto or Searcher Clade from what we've learned about them so far. I think I'm starting to lose interest in WDAS with all the changes and the new direction the studio seems to be heading. Pixar's Turning Red looks cute and I'm curious about Lightyear and how they'll approach that project. Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that's about it.
Agreed. At first I thought the future for WDAS would look brighter now that Lasseter was finally gone. But apparently it seems like it`s going to be the opposite. But of course I want to watch these upcoming movies before actually judging them.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I'd say Disenchanted and The Little Mermaid. I usually prefer animation, but I'm not feeling Encanto or Searcher Clade from what we've learned about them so far. I think I'm starting to lose interest in WDAS with all the changes and the new direction the studio seems to be heading. Pixar's Turning Red looks cute and I'm curious about Lightyear and how they'll approach that project. Unless I'm forgetting something, I think that's about it.
Personally, after Raya and the Last Dragon (which I loved) I'm optimistic about WDAS' future, but Frozen II is now officially my least favorite film from the studio (yes, I prefer Chichen Little to it), so I don't completely trust Jennifer Lee yet. To be honest, I was more excited for Raya than I am now for Encanto, but I'm quite excited for Encanto too, and it looks good to me so far. We know very little about Searcher Clade, so I don't know yet how I feel about that film, but I like that it has a biracial protagonist and both Don Hall and Qui Nguyen worked on Raya, so their involvement is encouraging to me. Regarding Pixar, I've either liked or loved all the films released after Pete Docter became chief creative officer, so I'm also quite optimistic about the studio's future. Turning Red looks really good to me and I'm also excited for Lightyear. As for live-action, as I said, Disenchanted has to be my most anticipated movie, and then probably The Little Mermaid, but mainly because of the songs. I'm also looking forward to Sister Act 3, though I wish they made more original movies and less remakes and sequels.
unprincess wrote:I'm glad it seems like both Idina and James will get a big part to play in the film, I was worried they'd just have small cameo roles.
I'm glad about that too. I was fearing they'd have small roles as well.
Disney's Divinity wrote:It will be interesting to hear Idina Menzel on a Menken song.
Yes, it will. Like Idina said in the interview, this film will also reunite her with Stephen Schwartz, who wrote the songs for Wicked. I don't know why, but I think I hadn't realized that until now.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I would be more excited for this if it wasn't going to be Disney+ exclusive. Being excited is kind of pointless since I won't see it for years that way. I suppose it's the same way for Hocus Pocus 2, right?
It's unfair they don't make these movies available for everyone. I hope Disenchanted and other Disney+ movies get released on home video eventually.
rodrigo_ca wrote:I'm also a bit salty this is going to Disney+ because I discovered Enchanted way past its release and I always thought I would be able to at least watch the sequel in theatres. I wonder if I would be able to rent a room and watch it...
Rent a room? What do you mean by that, if you don't mind me asking?