Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by Sotiris »

JTurner wrote:Shankman says he's still striving to get it made. I'll say this for him. He's persistent.
Thanks for posting the interview! For him to be saying that Menzel will be singing in it with such certainty must mean that the cast has agreed to star in the film, at least unofficially, and the songs have already been written.
Q: So your sequel to Enchanted called Disenchanted is coming up?

Adam Shankman: Yes. I can’t guarantee anything, but I know Amy Adams and the rest of the cast is so excited about it. Idina Menzel is singing in it. We are just trying to get it made.
Source: http://chicago.gopride.com/news/intervi ... id/1304404

Here are some more recent updates from Shankman.
Shankman is currently focused on getting “Disenchanted,” a sequel to Disney’s “Enchanted,” with Amy Adams, off the ground. He said that regardless of what project he’s working on, music and rhythm always guide his choices.
Source: https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/movies ... women-want
Q: You have so many irons in the fire. What Men Want is out in February and then you’re off to Disenchanted.

Adam Shankman: While I’ve been incredibly fortunate to get to work on so many great projects, the truth is that until I’m in production on something, I spend a lot of my time on the million things that need to happen in order to get a project made. That remains a huge challenge in our industry, even with the emergence of so many platforms and creative outlets and the increased opportunity they provide. The economics of getting a project off the ground have radically changed from the time I first got into this business, and I find now that the most difficult part of the process is actually getting something into production, no matter how excited the financier may be about the script or concept or cast. That being said, I love being busy developing projects when I’m not shooting, and feel very lucky to get to do that. It’s a thrill too to finally unleash What Men Want out in the world; and this coming year I hope to really get going on Disenchanted.

Q: What can you tell us about Disenchanted?

Adam Shankman: The film will pick up ten or so years after the end of Enchanted and the ‘happily ever after’ that Giselle imagined with Robert isn’t exactly as she pictured it. As only a woman born of fairy tale magic can, she makes a wish and the world turns upside down — filled with chaos, hilarity, emotions and, yep, musical numbers. Yes, I’m already dreaming up the musical numbers in my head and excited — couldn’t be more excited — to both direct and choreograph the film.
Source: https://metrosource.com/adam-shankman-what-men-want/
Q: I know you're working on the sequel to Enchanted. Tell us about that and where it stands.

Adam Shankman: Where it stands is we are working right now. We'll have a new draft of the script into the studio hopefully in like 6 or 7 weeks and we'll take it from there.

Q: Who's writing the songs?

Adam Shankman: Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz are still writing it.

Q: Who from the cast is coming back?

Adam Shankman: Amy Adams and James Marsden and Idina Menzel said yes and will sing if I have anything to say about it. We've all talked about that. And Patrick [Dempsey]. So the leading four people will be back.

Q: So, when will that happen? Do you know?

Adam Shankman: I don't know. It's all we talk about. Amy [Adams] and I just like stare at each other and go 'When do we start? When do we start? When do we start?'. The movie business since the first Enchanted was made has compressed so dramatically. When Enchanted was made, I think Disney was making like 25 movies a year or something like that. Disney now makes like 4 movies a year, 5 at the most. Disney proper; not Marvel or Lucasfilm...Actually under the Disney label. Getting in there is a big hurdle. I'm like 'please look at me' and they're so busy with Aladdins, and Little Mermaids, and Snow Whites, and all of that, you know? And the little Giselle that could is sitting over in the corner going 'Make me! Make me!'. But we're all here. We're ready to go. We love what the story is about.
Source: https://variety.com/2019/legit/news/ada ... 203136338/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:@Sotiris: Any idea what Menken's five films could be? The live-action TLM + live-action Hunchback + Disenchanted. What else?
The interview is from 2017. So, I assume he's referring to Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Hunchback, Disenchanted, Little Shop of Horrors (for Warner) or Larry Poppins (for Universal).
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I like that Menken pointed out that Disney has given the shift to Giselle and Enchanted, especially in comparison to their focus on Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, etc.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I like that Menken pointed out that Disney has given the shift to Giselle and Enchanted, especially in comparison to their focus on Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, etc.
That was the director Adam Shankman, not Menken, who said that.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:I like that Menken pointed out that Disney has given the shift to Giselle and Enchanted, especially in comparison to their focus on Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, etc.
That was the director Adam Shankman, not Menken, who said that.
Oh oops lol. I thought all those quotes were from Menken.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Enchanted 2: Alan Menken gives brief update
https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/enc ... ief-update
That article is from 2017 and it was posted on page 15.
Thanks for letting me know, Sotiris! Alan's words did ring a bell, but despite that I thought it was new. I found that article through this other one that was published yesterday and linked to the one I posted. I checked the publishing date of the first article, but I trusted it and didn't check the date of the second. I'll try to be more careful next time.

Thanks for all the info you've posted! I hope the sequel gets finally greenlit and that Shankman gets to direct it. He seems quite passionate about the project. It's such a shame hearing the confirmation of what I was already fearing; that original films (or sequels of original films like this one) don't get into production because of the (darn) remakes. I also found this bit by Shankman interesting:
The film will pick up ten or so years after the end of Enchanted and the ‘happily ever after’ that Giselle imagined with Robert isn’t exactly as she pictured it. As only a woman born of fairy tale magic can, she makes a wish and the world turns upside down — filled with chaos, hilarity, emotions and, yep, musical numbers.
Does it mean the plot involves Giselle making a wish that doesn't have the results she expects it to have?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yeah, it sounds like Giselle's wish gone wrong.

I thought Shankman's quote on all the remakes while Disenchanted shouts "Make me! Make me!" was funny.

Thanks for all the great info, Sotiris!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:Yeah, it sounds like Giselle's wish gone wrong.
OK, thanks. Well, it sounds interesting. I wonder what the whish she makes is.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Alan Menken was asked about the status of the Enchanted sequel in a new interview (around the 3:25 minute mark). He answered the same he said the last time he was asked about it, that it's still in the early stages. They are trying to get the script right, and it's not greenlit yet. Well, at least it hasn't been cancelled.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I feel like this is all going to keep drawing itself out, until a year or two from now, Disney inevitably says, no, it's not happening.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Yeah, this is now officially "I'll believe it when I see it."
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Skyler Shuler wrote:The long in development Enchanted sequel may finally be moving forward. We should get an update soon!
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/11 ... 7024629761
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I feel like we've heard this various times over the years but I hope something comes out of this update.
ImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha yes I agree, feel like that same sentence we have heard over and over ! :lol:

But as ever, all fingers and toes crossed !
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I think they'll announce something at D23 in August. :D
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

I’ve been hoping for yeeeears for this sequel!! I could be enthusiastic. And though now I wonder if it isn’t already too late to make a sequel to this one after soooo many years... Disney is not the same company as it used to be in the mid-2000s. Considering the quality of their recent live-action movies, I doubt they even plan to handle this one properly, probably seeing it as another easy cash-grabber and feeding it with tropes that weren’t the reasons why the first movie was so original and appreciated.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: What's the best guess for the November 4, 2022 Disney live-action movie?

Skyler Shuler: Disenchanted (Enchanted 2).
Source: https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/11 ... 9211590657
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:dance: :mickana: :banana: :woot: :pink: :thumb: :party: :clap:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The celebration is premature. That's just a guess on his part. Nothing's been confirmed yet.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

By 2022, I doubt there'll be any progress on this film going by past patterns.
ImageImage