Disenchanted

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by Warm Regards »

Well, here's hoping.

Although logically speaking, I feel they'd have to at least change the name to something else before moving forward.

There's not much indication that this is a sequel for one.

Also, Matt Groening's newest cartoon coming on Netflix next month is called Disenchantment, so I'd imagine if it becomes popular the name Disenchanted would be too hard to take and publicize.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I like the current title, it's way better than calling it simply Enchanted 2. I hope it isn't changed.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes I think Disenchanted is the best title, too.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I saw one of the first few episodes of The Nanny’s premiere season the other day and Marsden was a cameo. He’s always been stunning, apparently. It made me realize how old he is at this point though, considering the episode aired in 1993 when I was 4 (he was somewhere between 17-20). They really need to get on with this if they're going to do it. I’m so tired of this sequel’s “on-again, off-again” circling the drain.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Warm Regards wrote:Well, here's hoping.

Although logically speaking, I feel they'd have to at least change the name to something else before moving forward.

There's not much indication that this is a sequel for one.

Also, Matt Groening's newest cartoon coming on Netflix next month is called Disenchantment, so I'd imagine if it becomes popular the name Disenchanted would be too hard to take and publicize.

This is studio gold! People who have seen the original will recognize it, people who have not will not realize they're walking in a sequel.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Idina Menzel mentions the sequel in a new interview:
Fans were mad you didn’t have a song in the Disney movie Enchanted, but you were probably thrilled.

I was. I was excited to be hired as just an actress. I think they’re still working on an Enchanted sequel, so we’ll see what happens.
Source: http://visualn.net/2018/08/19/idina-men ... -frozen-2/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They still haven't finished the script? :x What's taking so long?
Schwartz is also involved in another long in-development movie musical — the sequel to Disney's Enchanted. “Alan and I play tennis together and we were just talking about it last weekend as we were in the process of hitting balls across the net." Schwartz says that the script for the sequel, titled Disenchanted, must be finished before he and Menken can get to work. "They're not up to us yet," he says.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... al-1143496
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I thought it was done long time ago. What's going on?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Ugh, I wouldn't be surprised if this movie ends up in development hell (if it isn't there already). At this point it's already been more than a decade since the original so I'm wondering if Disney even thinks there is an audience for this film. It won't have the same amount of nostalgia that the Walt Era or 90s films have.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I think it already is in development hell. For them not to have a script at this point means they don't have a script that they're happy with. No way a draft hasn't been done in all this time.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I saw an interview with Amy Adams on YouTube. It was posted somewhere in May, and she talked about the Enchanted sequel. She said that the writers do have some good ideas on how the characters' stories could go on, and that it could be something exciting.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Patrick Dempsey gives some new details about the sequel's story in a new interview. He says the film hasn't been greenlit yet and he has still not seen a script:
As far as where he sees his character now, "He probably 10 years older and [Giselle and Robert] are still together. They have a child together and I think they are battling what it means to be getting older and I think she wants to go back to Andalasia so she doesn't have to age. I think that's what it is, I don't know but we will see."
Source: https://www.etonline.com/patrick-dempse ... ive-111488
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That's an interesting concept that Giselle is realizing that living in the real world comes with the cost of aging. I'm just not sure if that can work as the central premise for an entire movie.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm not too fond of the whole aging premise. For one, people do age in the fairytale world, evident by the ages of Queen Narissa and Nathaniel. At best, the aging process is just slower there. Second, this would make Giselle come off as vain.

I think a better reason for her to want to go back would be her growing dissatisfaction with the real world after being exposed to humans' increased hatred and intolerance of each other, causing her to have a crisis of faith and possibly affecting her previously optimistic and cheery disposition.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

You can age as an animated character, but the point is you don't have to and most do not, especially if you're a mainline princess in the disney canon. They can age up from a kid of course, but past, say 20-30 no.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh so Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Tiana, Elsa and Anna, all their parents or one of their parents grew old and died but lucky them they got to live young forever because TV shows and a movie called Enchanted said so well isn't that nice.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Isn't that statement just an assumption from Dempsey's side? After all, Disney haven't officially confirmed this. Either way, if you'll take the vanity aspect out of it, the time passing of Giselle would've been a compelling way to continue the storyline.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I was wondering about the aging thing and mentioned it in a previous post.

really I cant believe this film hasn't even been green lit yet. More and more I think this thing either wont get made or get cheapened(focus on younger cast, no 2d animation/cgi only) and shunted off to its streaming service.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

We're hoping it's imminent too. ~insert 'it's been 84 years' gif~
CinemaBlend recently spoke to Adam Shankman about his new Taraji P. Henson movie What Men What, where the conversation eventually turned to his announced role as director of Disenchanted. Shankman said the following: "Yeah, we're still working on it. We're plugging away. We are trying to get there to start...we are pounding forward. I can just say that, Amy [Adams] has read the most recent scripts. We're real happy with the most recent script. And we're just wrestling now with things like budget and getting music written and all of that. I'm hoping that it's imminent."
Source: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246203 ... senchanted
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:~insert 'it's been 84 years' gif~
:lol: Indeed. I've tried not to get my hopes up too much lately in case it never gets greenlit. But, who knows, maybe if Mary Poppins Returns is really successful it can convince Disney to put this movie into production.