Yellow Submarine (ImageMovers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I guess here's a picture of the logo:

http://wdwnt.smugmug.com/photos/646688229_7ce7u-M.jpg
(via disneyreport.com)
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Wow! It looks just like the original, except remade! I think that bodes well for this project.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
blackcauldron85

Sarcasm, right? Because there is no need to remake the movie! :angry:
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Lack of imagination and new ideas... so just remake a few classic movies and make it look 'new' because it's 3d. But what can it really add to the original? A remake of "Back to the Future" seems even sillier to me than a remake of YS.
Why not make "Yellow Submarine" into a broadway musical? :roll:

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Well... there was the Broadway musical "Lennon"... that was pretty craptacular, thank you very much Yoko Ono.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Likewise, "The Polar Express" is so 2004. I think the time is ripe for a motion-capture remake in which the motion-capture original is run through a motion-capture machine to increase the motion-captureness and thus the relevancy. Also, more 3-D.
LOL! I love it! Thank you SpringHeel Jack for making my day! :D
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Well... there was the Broadway musical "Lennon"... that was pretty craptacular, thank you very much Yoko Ono.
It was a bit of a joke, of course.

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I guess Disney will step up to the plate for a remake of "Yellow Submarine" based on the original psychedelic animated film. I might as well prefer the original 1968 film with the Beatles, but the animation was kinda trippy and even had references to LSD. This film was an acid trip. It was animated by Peter Max.

The original 1968 original film with the Beatles had some weird animation kinda similar to the 1951 Disney animated film "Alice in Wonderland". I would prefer the 1968 film than the new film which is in the works right now.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Wonderlicious wrote:It almost feels like this (if Ichabod still came around, he'd be proud for linking this one to describe my frustration):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNl4pvLhpF8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNl4pvLhpF8&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:|
Proud doesn't even come close to describing the happiness within my heart ;)
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

I love Yellow Submarine!

Post by JEANYLASER »

It's awesome to see the Yellow Submarine in 3D! I love the Beatles Yellow Submarine it's awesome! And I love all the songs in Yellow Submarine with the beatles! I love Yellow Submarine! Thanks Disney! 8)
JEANY SANCHEZ
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Wait, I'm confused. Do you love Yellow Submarine and the Beatles?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I'm sure it's a friendly platonic relationship.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MadHatterDesign

Post by MadHatterDesign »

I honestly don't find this to be THAT BAD of an idea.
For one, I DO think the film would be relevant for the times.
This would be the perfect film to go see and have a good time and not worry about how messed up the world is and it will give everyone a reminder that we survived the pretty tumultuous era the original film was made during.

Not only that but I think the film would be BEAUTIFUL! The reason why mo-cap hasn't worked so far TO ME is because they are striving for realism which makes me just wonder, why not just make it REAL with a few mo-cap elements ala King Kong? With this film however to capture the style of the original film it wouldn't be repeating the mistake of other mo-cap films, I imagine it being just as flamboyant, quirky and visually dynamic as the original and deviate from trying to look "real", I thinking of a more psychedelic, HYPER realism.

There is also a new interest in the Beatles that has been happening the past couple of years with the Cirque de Soleil show and the new Rock Band game. They now have a larger presence in TODAYS generation.

On top of all that just think how AMAZING it would be in 3D!!!!!!

The tie-in with the London 2012 Olympics is also an interesting factor making the movie more relevant for the release time and great marketing opportunity.
blackcauldron85

Disneyana
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... eyana.html

Meanwhile, Disney and IM Digital would like to have the surviving Beatles participate in its Yellow Submarine remake:

... In an interview with MTV News, [Robert] Zemeckis indicated that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr have been approached to participate in the film, although he did not say in what capacity ...
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Hmmmm.... any chance those two could actually voice themselves this time?
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

So the two living Beatles, aka the two I don't care about, could be involved?

...I still can't muster up anything close to enthusiasm.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

They could also get Clarence Walker, the fifth Beatle involved with the movie. :wink: 8)

:lol: For Evers and Evers...
JEANYLASER
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JEANYLASER »

yellow submarine will be a great movie with Disney on 3D!
JEANY SANCHEZ
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

Disney Beatles film to hold casting calls for lead roles at BEATexpo 2009

Casting call times are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 28 and noon to 8 p.m. Nov. 29 at the Holiday Inn, 700 E. Main St., Stamford, Conn. in the Shippan Point Room.

In case anyone's interested. :P
blackcauldron85

:roll: I'm curious, if you can call it that, about how they'll I guess put the Beatles' faces on these actors. But they had to cancel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea instead of this? Not that I was looking forward to that movie, but still. Ugh.