Winnie the Pooh (2011)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Seen it at the cinema, and I loved it. Really charming, funny and sweet. The characters are really loveable, with all their "logical" sayings and ideas.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Winnie the Pooh "It's Gonna Be Great" Lyric Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAIPzjPvrA
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Winnie the Pooh is up for a Grammy Award this year in the category Best Song Written For Visual Media for "So Long".
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Not surprising. The song is terrific and She & Him are Grammy material.

This should ensure an Oscar nod as well, but I see The Muppets easily taking that category.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Winnie the Pooh - In the studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU0Q0wCogRw
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I didn't know this. Quite intriguing.
Don Hall wrote:When we started around three years ago, the thought was to release new content with a restored version of Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966), featuring some footage that was edited out of the original. We were unable to gather enough of that footage to make it worthwhile, so we made the new version.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/w ... all-269357
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

‘Disney’s Winnie The Pooh, Kids’ comes to Fayetteville
http://www.thecitizen.com/articles/02-2 ... yetteville
(via mickeynews.com)

Those costumes kind of scare me...
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Um, apparently The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie are in the Vault? Maybe they'll be releasing them on Blu-ray???
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:‘Disney’s Winnie The Pooh, Kids’ comes to Fayetteville
(via mickeynews.com)

Yeah, I'd have to agree of those costumes. Very Creepy and disturbing.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

(via mickeynews.com)

All I can say is......EEEEEEEEEEEEW! Creepy!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

^ It's like a weird combo of Winnie the Pooh and The Wizard of Oz.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I wouldn't call those costumes creepy, but certainly inept and laughably bad.

Go ahead. Laugh.
sweetcake

Post by sweetcake »

Julian Carter wrote:I wouldn't call those costumes creepy, but certainly inept and laughably bad.

Go ahead. Laugh.
I have to agree with you on this. They're not really that creepy just... bad. Whoever created the costumes did a horrible job on them.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

guess Pooh had a fat transplant to Piglet.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

You gotta love community theatre.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

(via mickeynews.com)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tqaHBfBSSuc" frameborder="0"></iframe>
It had to be done.
jade
Gold Classic Collection

What did everyone here think of the 2011 Pooh movie?

Post by jade »

I was really excited for Pooh and co. to get another WDAS film after 30+ years. The anticipation was high for me leading up to summer 2011.

I was pretty happy with the film overall, especially visually. The backrounds took my breath away, such beautiful watercolors. Ahhh hand drawn is like a fine wine.

I also loved Jim Cummings performance as Pooh and Tigger, classic. But i didn't enjoy Tom Kenny as Rabbit at all or Craig Ferguson as Owl. They just couldn't nail these characters. Both failed to capture the characters, Kenny more so than Craig. Travis Oates wasn't bad as Piglet and Bud Luckey was a spot on Eyeore.

But i really missed Ken Sansom, i thought about him everytime Rabbit was on screen. He was still alive during the making-release of the film, was up for doing it to. Such a let down. They could've atleast gotten Will Ryan who was Rabbit in the Pooh Corner days. He's still with us fyi. Phil Baron could still do a great Piglet i bet. None of the Pooh Corner actors ever came back and most were spot on with those characters. Odd. Andre Stojka missing was criminal, such a great Owl. Ferguson was awful. Why were him and Kenny brought in?

Laurie Main was the best Narrator for this franchise but John Cleese sound nice. I loved the classic opening.

Let me tell you my biggest pet peeve with this movie............... the pop culture music. Popular Music has no place in a classic Disney film like this, maybe in a Wreck it Ralph where it made sense. But Pooh is classic and shouldn't be tainted like that. I also hated the Zooey Dechanel opening, not even 10 percent as good as the original song.

That culture clash bothered me quite abit because it didn't fit the tone or style of this film. Very out of place.

So there's my pros and cons, i'd love to hear yours!
RyGuy
Special Edition

Re: What did everyone here think of the 2011 Pooh movie?

Post by RyGuy »

I agree that visually it looked great. But to me, the whole thing felt forced and a tad bit boring(?) Maybe it was just that it was one story (i.e., the Backson) instead of three like you found in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. But it just didn't seem to capture the charm of the original shorts that comprised TMAoWtP in the same way. (For the record, I do think the whole concept of "feeling" and "charm" and the like, are subjective so where I didn't feel it, it's quite probable that others did. I don't mean to knock the film in any way . . . personally, I just didn't enjoy it much.)

As for the voices, I thought Jim Cummings did a bang up job with Pooh and Tigger. Craig Ferguson's work stood out (but not in a good way) and the rest weren't that memorable to me.

As for the music, I didn't have a problem with Zooey Descahanel's work. I did like her take on the theme song - it seemed to fit. And A Very Important Thing to Do didn't bother me, even though characters weren't singing it, because characters didn't sing The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down either. The only song that didn't seem to fit stylistically was So Long, but pop songs over the credits of any Disney film seems to be the norm these days so I guess I wasn't that put out by it.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

jade wrote:Let me tell you my biggest pet peeve with this movie............... the pop culture music. Popular Music has no place in a classic Disney film like this, maybe in a Wreck it Ralph where it made sense. But Pooh is classic and shouldn't be tainted like that. I also hated the Zooey Dechanel opening, not even 10 percent as good as the original song.

That culture clash bothered me quite abit because it didn't fit the tone or style of this film. Very out of place.
:? :?:

There was no pop culture music in it. Except maybe the end credits song. But that songs's style was a major throwback to pop music of the 60s and 70s (when the original film came out), so it obviously did fit.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Zooey's voice and Lopez' songs weren't any different stylistically from the original film or films like Robin Hood or Fox and the Hound.
jade
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jade »

PatrickvD wrote:
jade wrote:Let me tell you my biggest pet peeve with this movie............... the pop culture music. Popular Music has no place in a classic Disney film like this, maybe in a Wreck it Ralph where it made sense. But Pooh is classic and shouldn't be tainted like that. I also hated the Zooey Dechanel opening, not even 10 percent as good as the original song.

:? :?:

There was no pop culture music in it. Except maybe the end credits song. But that songs's style was a major throwback to pop music of the 60s and 70s (when the original film came out), so it obviously did fit.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Zooey's voice and Lopez' songs weren't any different stylistically from the original film or films like Robin Hood or Fox and the Hound.

I really love the original opening and was hoping they would copy and paste it to the 2011 film, it's such a classic Disney song.

When TMAWP came out how many outside musicians did Disney bring in to do songs?

I'm not a fan of Zooey's voice in general which also annoyed me.