DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Should break even easily. The excitement surrounding it should lead to $200 million domestically (something not even Monsters vs Aliens and Ice Age 3 were able to achieve in North America). Add in worldwide grosses and this should be Disney's first really profitable hand-drawn film since Lilo & Stitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:52 pm 
Platinum Edition

estefan wrote:
Should break even easily. The excitement surrounding it should lead to $200 million domestically (something not even Monsters vs Aliens and Ice Age 3 were able to achieve in North America). Add in worldwide grosses and this should be Disney's first really profitable hand-drawn film since Lilo & Stitch.

But will it make this much? It will be caught between the much-hyped Avatar and the kiddie-pleaser Alvin and the Chipmunks 2. Here's hoping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Considering the hatred surrounding Alvin and the Chipmunks among many parents and cinema-goers, I don't see the sequel sustaining as much word-of-mouth and drop-offs as The Princess and the Frog.

And Avatar isn't really aiming for the same audiences (though I am seeing both as I am both a fan of Disney and James Cameron). I think what will really help this film is the family demographic rather than the adult Disney fan. Plus, there's all of the marketing (the constant ads on Disney Channel, Princess Tiana dresses selling out at Halloween).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

sotiris2006 wrote:
The budget for the Princess and the Frog is $105 million (and not $150 million that the Wall Street Journal had speculated).

Source: http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... -hall.html

$105 million?? Jeepers, that's a lot for a hand-drawn animated film with little CGI involvement. I can only hope this one actually makes at least twice its budget domestically. :(

estefan wrote:
Considering the hatred surrounding Alvin and the Chipmunks among many parents and cinema-goers, I don't see the sequel sustaining as much word-of-mouth and drop-offs as The Princess and the Frog.

And Avatar isn't really aiming for the same audiences (though I am seeing both as I am both a fan of Disney and James Cameron). I think what will really help this film is the family demographic rather than the adult Disney fan. Plus, there's all of the marketing (the constant ads on Disney Channel, Princess Tiana dresses selling out at Halloween).

Lest we forget, estefan, Disney's releasing this movie in New York and Los Angeles on November 25th. So that may help PatF at the box office, slightly.

But don't forget Princess's other competition, AKA The Lovely Bones.

Last edited by DisneyJedi on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:24 pm 
Limited Edition

Hey guys, discussion thread Number three is up and running. I suggest we relocate, and take this conversation over there! :)

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

105 million is dirt cheap compared to the Little Mermaid and Aladdin, which I think was 45 and 60 million respectively. give or take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

New pics and fresh discussion at the new thread:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=25736

Come one, come all!!! :D

(Mods, lock this thread please!)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60