Disney 100 Years of Wonder

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DEEcat98

Disney 100 Years of Wonder

Post by DEEcat98 »

Since we've now reached the 100th year of Disney with Disney's 100th anniversary being celebrated throughout the year. Any new Disney stuff your looking forward to seeing during this year to honor how the company is now about a century old?
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney's 100th Year

Post by carolinakid »

I’m not anxious to see how they’re gonna s**t on Walt’s legacy.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, I`m looking forward to Wish, The Little Mermaid Live Action, The Story of Disney: 100 Years of Wonder Book and Disney 100 The Exhibition.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Things feel very uneventful and uninspiring to me at Disney these days. Not much to look forward to to be honest.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:57 am Well, I`m looking forward to Wish, The Little Mermaid Live Action, The Story of Disney: 100 Years of Wonder Book and Disney 100 The Exhibition.
I'm pretty much the same. Some of the merch in the theme parks (a lot of which is available at the few Target's with Disney Store sections) look nice, but I'm still hoping for some more. It'd be really nice to get a big TV special celebrating the company on ABC or something, similar to the tribute to BATB that aired.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm looking forward to Cinderella on 4K and hoping they release more classics on 4K. Other than that I'm pretty much indifferent to anything else from the company, I might be interested in Wish but I need more information about it.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

What I'm looking forward to from Disney is the live-action Peter Pan and Wendy on Disney+, Disney's new live-action Little Mermaid on the big screen in May, Disney's new live-action sci-fi original film for Disney+ called Crater, Walt Disney Animation Studios' 100th Anniversary finale film Wish on the big screen this Thanksgiving, Disney 100: The Exhibition (which I'll be going to both the D23 Member Ribbon Cutting Opening Ceremony and general opening for), Disney and Pixar's Elemental on the big screen, Walt Disney Animation Studios' new series Iwaju on Disney+, Disney's new, allegedly well-tested Haunted Mansion movie, Disney and Pixar's new, first-ever long-form series on Disney+ called Win Or Lose, Disney's new live-action original Christmas film for Disney+ called Dashing Through The Snow, and the long-awaited Star Wars series for Disney+ coming out just in time to ring in the 15th Anniversary of The Clone Wars with Ahsoka.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm beyond excited for Wish! :D But I would be even if it wasn't a big anniversary year for Disney, it looks amazing so far.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DEEcat98

Post by DEEcat98 »

Now, how about some potential new animated movie and cartoon show announcements, especially giving how Disney recently posted a ton of untitled Disney and Pixar titles, what possible new animated Disney and Pixar movies and shows would you like to see or better yet predict get announced later this year?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DEEcat98 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:12 pm Now, how about some potential new animated movie and cartoon show announcements, especially giving how Disney recently posted a ton of untitled Disney and Pixar titles, what possible new animated Disney and Pixar movies and shows would you like to see or better yet predict get announced later this year?
I don't think we have a way to guess when there aren't any clues.

I think some of the Disney films will be about a princess or a young woman trying to save her kingdom/city/house from impending doom. Pixar will probably make a movie about two chairs trying to get along in chairs city.

Not many are talking about it, but both studios are going to be tested this year and if they keep going the way they do, it will not surprise me to see both studios merged into one. We'll see...
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Farerb wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:28 amPixar will probably make a movie about two chairs trying to get along in chairs city.
rotfl

I agree that we have no way of knowing what they'll come out with. I'm guessing no possibility of previously shelved films being brought to life (Don Quixote, Chanticleer, Gigantic, Newt, King of the Elves, Fraidy Cat, A Few Good Ghosts, etc)...not Wild Life I bet. I mean, Frozen was revived so anything is possible but I doubt one of these is going to be announced.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I am planning on going to Disneyland in Paris this summer, and I'm very excited to see what merchandise they will have for their 100th celebration. I'm also very curious about the 100 Years of Wonder book.

Cinderella's 4K debut is another highlight, and I hope they will release other Walt-era movies as well.

Very excited to seeing Wish this November!!!
Disney Duster

Re: Disney 100 Years of Wonder

Post by Disney Duster »

I am most excited for Cinderella in 4K, mainly for hope of a new restoration, and then The Little Mermaid Live-Action, and finally Wish. I also will be excited if more hand-drawn classics come out in 4K, but the one I will always care most for from my heart is Cinderella, and that's coming pretty darn soon!
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Happy #SuperBowl Eve, everyone. Before the big game starts, here's a surprise spot you'll see during the game... a 1.5 minute spot Disney put out to celebrate #Disney100 as 2023 will be their 100th Anniversary, a celebration to not forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg69VWvHGOA.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I thought it was disappointing. Too little Walt, too much current crap.

D23 members got the clip in an email this morning from “Bob Iger”—yeah, right. I watched it once, then trashed it.

I don’t recall even seeing a clip from Snow White but I could be wrong. I wasn’t watching that closely. I did see Princess Aurora and Alice. 😘
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Exactly. Too little clips from any of the classics...they focused too much on the current stuff and the remakes.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Vlad Sicoe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:40 pm Exactly. Too little clips from any of the classics...they focused too much on the current stuff and the remakes.

Vlad,
Can I just say I agree with so many of your posts? Have a great week!
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I only want to see the old Disney back. They are loosing all their magic and the brand is more minimalist each year. I want magic, that's all what I ask.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:21 pm Happy #SuperBowl Eve, everyone. Before the big game starts, here's a surprise spot you'll see during the game... a 1.5 minute spot Disney put out to celebrate #Disney100 as 2023 will be their 100th Anniversary, a celebration to not forget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg69VWvHGOA.
A salute to all Disney, but mostly the last decade.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

carolinakid wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:29 pm I don’t recall even seeing a clip from Snow White but I could be wrong. I wasn’t watching that closely. I did see Princess Aurora and Alice. 😘
Probably because the remake's coming out soon. The same reason only remake!Ariel was shown; if this were 4 years from now after those two remakes are in the rearview mirror, they would've included the animated versions of course, they simply want to promote what's about to release, I suppose.

I thought it was decent mix, personally. :shrug:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"