DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:02 pm 
Limited Edition

Escapay wrote:

And really, you're saying that something as beautiful as the Ballroom Dance is suddenly less effective and has a different mood simply

Basically, yes, that's what he's saying and I completely agree.

It's also about removing the depth, the charm and the feel of a film.
The overall look of a film is a very important aspect of drawing you into the film. The new look does nothing for me and obviously for many other people.

The ballroom scene doesn't look half as special, magical and beautiful because of this look.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:

Also, yes, some people, perhaps less, will see the bright colors and think "kids movie" and leave the room when they might not have when seeing the more realistic, moody colors.

Just reminding you all of those as well.

Exactly.

But it is not only about colors.

I have a question for Albert.

Have you seen this youtube clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZzxxBZUD-o

Obviously, it's about the changed animation, but do you see any difference in style/look? (so with the changed animation, forgotten details(like the shadow) , and colors aside).
Do you see the 2nd clip looks much more digital, childish, sequel-like?
THAT is the difference we are talking about, because the whole film looks exactly like that now. It gives the film a cheap image and that is not what we and the filmmakers should want, right?

Even if I change the colors of my tv setting, and adjust my laserdisc colors to match the dvd version, the film still looks 100 times more mature, beautiful and less sequel-ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

Marky_198 wrote:
enigmawing wrote:
Mooky wrote:
Strangely enough, the Beast's "stuttering" is left intact on the 2002 SE VHS even though the colors/visuals match the DVD ones.

The stuttering can also be heard on the audio commentary of the DVD.

They obviously payed less attention to the 2002 SE VHS release, and "less attention" means "less tampering" with Disney.

Well the VHS wouldn't of had a sound remix, being as VHS can only have 2 channels, not 5.1. Disney did one of their home theatre mixes for BatB if I remember correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ugh. I should really stop reading this thread. Every time I do I die a little inside.

Marky, when the sun comes up in the morning and makes things brighter, do you complain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

SpringHeelJack wrote:
Marky, when the sun comes up in the morning and makes things brighter, do you complain?

I doubt the bridge Marky lives under would affected much by sunlight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

SpringHeelJack wrote:
Ugh. I should really stop reading this thread. Every time I do I die a little inside.

Or do what I do and just don't ready anything by Marky. :D

Quote:

I imagine that when Marky meets God, he will have lots of complaints about the colors here on earth and why they are wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

That Guy wrote:
I have a question for Albert.

Have you seen this youtube clip?

Yes.

That Guy wrote:
Obviously, it's about the changed animation, but do you see any difference in style/look? (so with the changed animation, forgotten details(like the shadow) , and colors aside).

I still see Cogsworth being upset and expressing that in his "Why?". Based on the movements alone, I prefer the second version, where he's not so spastic and shaking. He comes across as genuinely upset without looking like he's having some kind of seizure.

That Guy wrote:

That's your opinion.

That Guy wrote:
THAT is the difference we are talking about, because the whole film looks exactly like that now. It gives the film a cheap image and that is not what we and the filmmakers should want, right?

Well, you think it looks cheap and digital. But you can't speak for the filmmakers.

Brenders wrote:
Ugh. I should really stop reading this thread.

[hyperactive-kid-with-lots-of-sugar]Keep reading! Keep reading! Lookatme, lookatme, look, look, look! Me! Me! Mememememe![/hyperactive-kid-with-lots-of-sugar]

goofystitch wrote:
Or do what I do and just don't ready anything by Marky. :D

But he makes it so easy to offer rebuttals. Regardless if they to a brick wall.

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:43 pm 

Exclusive: BEAUTY AND THE BEST: BRAZILIAN DIAMOND EDITION TRAILER

http://planetadisney.blogspot.com/2009/ ... a-com.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 pm 
Limited Edition

leo_brasil wrote:
Exclusive: BEAUTY AND THE BEST: BRAZILIAN DIAMOND EDITION TRAILER

http://planetadisney.blogspot.com/2009/ ... a-com.html

What's with the altered colors?

:headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake:

Crosses fingers that those old DVD colors won't be used on Blu.

Last edited by jpanimation on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

jpanimation wrote:
What's with the altered colors?

:headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: :headshake:

Crosses fingers that those old DVD colors won't be used on Blu (maybe on DVD again, just to PO Marky, as they know he won't buy Blu because HD ruins the picture).

The PE/DE trailers are usually made from the previous version of the film, so it shouldn't be taken as a direct indicator of how the Diamond Edition will look. However, as I said before, the footage that I saw of the 3D version used the 2002 colors. And with all the recent discussion about the filmmaker's intent, these colors do appear to be what the filmmakers want.

I personally don't have a problem with them the same way others do, so I don't really mind, but I understand why many do.

But the most important thing is that the trailer says Fall 2010, so hopefully everything my friend heard about how bad the releases are going to be are false!... or maybe it's coming in the Fall in certain places like Brazil...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Escapay wrote:
Brenders wrote:

[hyperactive-kid-with-lots-of-sugar]Keep reading! Keep reading! Lookatme, lookatme, look, look, look! Me! Me! Mememememe![/hyperactive-kid-with-lots-of-sugar]

albert

Baby, you know I'll always look at you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:26 am 
Collector's Edition

goofystitch wrote:
But the most important thing is that the trailer says Fall 2010, so hopefully everything my friend heard about how bad the releases are going to be are false!... or maybe it's coming in the Fall in certain places like Brazil...

I just quote myself from the Fantasia Thread, I hope so much the information are right :)

scamander wrote:
I wrote to Disney Germany because of the release dates of Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia/ Fantasia 2000, today I got the answer. They wrote BatB would come in Fall AND will be the next Diamond Edition, while the both Fantasias are intended to get a release at Christmas time.

Last edited by Scamander on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I really don't care if the colors are lighter or darker. I really REALLY want to get this movie regardless. However, I WOULD like it if they release it in its original negative, instead of cropped.

And new bonus features. C'mon. You did something like that for Sleeping Beauty, and it was a HUGE step from its 2003 Special Edition. (in a Darth Vader type of voice) Pray that you don't disappoint me, Disney. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:30 am 
Limited Edition

Escapay wrote:

That's your opinion.

Then which of the 2 clips in that youtube link looks more sequel-ish to YOU?

And I'm not talking about the changed animation or colors.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:37 am 
Limited Edition

Mike Duster wrote:
To be technical Albert, the entire film of Beauty adn the Beast is literally, literally changed.

quote="Escapay : Tell that to a blind person.

Well, it seems like that's exactly what he's doing.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:45 am 
Platinum Edition

Marky_198 wrote:
Escapay wrote:

That's your opinion.

Then which of the 2 clips in that youtube link looks more sequel-ish to YOU?

And I'm not talking about the changed animation or colors.

If you're not talking about the changed animation or the colours what are you talking about? How do you expect anyone to understand what you mean when you post such comments? Its a complete nonsense post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 am 
Limited Edition

I'm talking about the overall look and style.

Don't you see the difference between the look of a Disney classic and a sequel?

Don't you see the difference between "The Little mermaid" and "return to the sea"?

Don't you see the difference between "Cinderella" and "cinderella 2"?

Don't you see the difference between the classic "Aladdin" and the Aladdin tv series?

Yes, they might have the same colors, but that's not the problem!

But seriously, do you see the difference and do you understand what a "sequel-look" means?

That 2nd Cogsworth scene looks like it comes right out of a saturday morning cartoon.
And that's what the whole BATB dvd looks like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 pm 
Limited Edition

I thought it was pretty well established that that shot was rushed for the new version, and that nobody was really pleased with it. And colors are a big part of the overall look and style. In fact, coupled with design it's basically half of it. So what, you don't like the design? Or perhaps it's the colors anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:58 pm 
Limited Edition

Scamander wrote:
goofystitch wrote:

I just quote myself from the Fantasia Thread, I hope so much the information are right :)

scamander wrote:
I wrote to Disney Germany because of the release dates of Beauty and the Beast and Fantasia/ Fantasia 2000, today I got the answer. They wrote BatB would come in Fall AND will be the next Diamond Edition, while the both Fantasias are intended to get a release at Christmas time.

I don't mind that! I want good restorations!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

Brenders wrote:
Escapay wrote:
Brenders wrote:

albert

Baby, you know I'll always look at you.

:wave:

That Guy wrote:
Escapay wrote:
Mike Duster wrote:
To be technical Albert, the entire film of Beauty adn the Beast is literally, literally changed.
Tell that to a blind person.

Well, it seems like that's exactly what he's doing.....

And yet which one of us is the parrot that repeats the same tired complaints so often that nobody takes it seriously anymore? :roll:

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 39  Next