X-Men: The Animated Series

All topics on all things Marvel.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Just got mine today too! Now we just have one more volume to go!!!

And then hopefully they'll start releasing the 90's Spider-Man series!!!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

You guys are on the ball lol. I was just gonna ask if there was another volume and I just got my answer! cool! I hope there is a promotion for that one too hahaha. I doubt it though. :)
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Matt wrote:
CampbellzSoup wrote:I got mine from amazon today for 28 WITH covers I had to get them within the first week because last time I didn't covers...these babies go fast if you want the slips from Amazon.
oh cool! I hope both of mine come with slip covers and I pray they aren't snap shut cases! I hate them! :x lol

snap cases sadly return
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

CampbellzSoup wrote:
Matt wrote: oh cool! I hope both of mine come with slip covers and I pray they aren't snap shut cases! I hate them! :x lol

snap cases sadly return
NOOOO! lol I just checked my other DVD's and I guess it's alright since the other two has them. I still can't stand them! :(
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I may be getting mine @ Target possibly along with Sonny's Big Break.

Now that Disney Owns Marvel, I wish these dvd volumes of cartoons came with DMR points........
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

I purchased Volume 3 & 4 yesterday. They were $15.99 each at Target. I hope we get an announcement on Volume 5 soon.
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

Here is a new interview with cover artist David Nakayama from Marvel Animation Age:
Marvel Animation Age has caught up with artist David Nakayama to discuss his contribution to the recent X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Three and X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Four DVD releases.

After providing the cover artwork for the previous X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume One and X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Two DVD releases, artist David Nakayama returns to leave his mark on the latest two releases of the beloved 1990s animated series. Taking a closer look at the featured artwork on these two new releases, X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Three and X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Four, Nakayama says both the characters and the show itself serve as perfect inspiration.

"X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Three was my attempt to give Apocalypse his due," says Nakayama. "Obviously, he's one of the X-men's all-time greatest foes and a primary player on this set of episodes, and though he shares the composition with Dark Phoenix here, he's the one with the team in his grasp, ready to crush them."

Nakayama says the color scheme used also adds to the overall feeling of danger in the X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Three cover art, adding "to further heighten the sense of doom, I lit the scene from below with an angry red light."

Moving on to X-Men: The Animated Series - Volume Four, Nakayama strayed from any character-specific inspirations, instead aiming to pay homage to a moment from the classic opening titles from the series. Given the themes of the show, Nakayama says there's one moment in particular that absolutely encapsulates what the show is all about.

"I wanted to pay homage to the show's intro which, right before the logo appears, sort of culminates in this awesome and unforgettable scene in which a row of X-Men charges in from the left against virtually all their villains who're attacking from the right," says Nakayama. "It's the perfect clash of opposing forces, and I did a take on it here featuring Wolverine vs. Sabretooth and few other favorites in the background."

An alternate unpublished version of the cover was created, adds Nakayama, featuring about twelve characters on each side. He adds the unpublished art is more evocative of the intro scene, but wasn't suitable for a DVD cover. Nakayama hopes to make the artwork available to view soon.

While a fifth volume release for X-Men: The Animated Series is planned, with Nakayama providing the artwork for the title, no specific release date has been provided as of yet. Stay tuned for further updates.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

It recently came to my attention that these DVD releases have the episodes out of order (starting with Vol. 3). They were put in air-date order as opposed to production order, so it causes some continuity problems.

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_The ... tainment_2

On the side of the releases, it says the episode numbers and you can see what I'm talking about, just go to Vol. 3.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

xxhplinkxx:

I noticed that when I was at Target on Wednesday. It was the reason I did not pick 3 and 4 up and instead purchased Sonny's Big Break.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Well, it's no reason NOT to pick them up... I mean, sure it's annoying and Disney should have done it the right way, but you can just watch them in order...

I love Siren!
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I got volumes 3 and 4 of X-Men at Target today for 15.99 apiece. I will probably have to wait a while to watch them though since I am not even done watching volumes 1 and 2 fully.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

only one more set folks
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I know that, but I am going to wait until I get my Target 10% off shopping day and buy the DVDs then. Perhaps the 5th set will have been announced by that time.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I'm pretty sure the discount that is offered if you buy the two together now will be greater than the 10% off you get down the road...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

You bought Sonny with a chance over the Xmen series on DVD....error error does not computer reboot reboot error error System Crash

:shock: :o :headshake: :brick: :shifty:

You sank my battleshiip :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I'm pretty sure the discount that is offered if you buy the two together now will be greater than the 10% off you get down the road...
Actually, Target this week is $15.99 each. There is no buy two discount there. Best Buy is $19.99 each with 5 dollars off if you buy any two X-Men sets. I believe Target's regular price is $17.99, so it would be slightly cheaper to buy the sets now rather than wait and use the 10%.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I got mine from Amazon for 28 :D
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah...I bought both sets and the Xmen Origins Wolverine Blu ray for under $19...but I used a gift card for $30 plus I had a $5 reward zone certificaate and also people if you have any reward zone certs via best buy i would advice using them before the end of the year since they expire at the end of the year because the systems getting a revamp
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I want SWAC to SUCCEED on Disney Channel . I am a fan of the show. I love the x-men cartoons and they will be on DVD for awhile. Who knows......maybe the 5th and last volume will be out by January.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I guess that the pilot episode "Pryde of the X-Men" is going to be included with the DVD itself as I mentioned awhile back since I did posted a link to YouTube to see a pilot episode in 3 parts.

I hope if Disney would consider adding "Pryde of the X-Men" pilot episode on one of "X-Men" DVD's. It was made by Marvel Productions and New World International.