Finding Nemo On Blu-Ray

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Finding Nemo On Blu-Ray

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Anyone is exited?.
I"m so exited :D Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar movie :D.
Here's a franch cover:
There will be new features?.
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

Ugh. I thought they were going to phase out that big curve. It makes the cover look more like an ad for Blu-ray, and less about the movie itself. It cheapens the whole thing. And the picture itself is no better. It looks like a clipart of Marlin and Dory dropped into a really plain background. The whole thing smacks of effortlessness. In a bad way. It looks more like an early Blu-ray cash in on the title. I'd be surprised if there were any substantial new features. That way, they can release a Collector's Edition or a Special Edition Blu-ray in 2 years...
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

steve wrote:Ugh. I thought they were going to phase out that big curve. It makes the cover look more like an ad for Blu-ray, and less about the movie itself. It cheapens the whole thing. And the picture itself is no better. It looks like a clipart of Marlin and Dory dropped into a really plain background. The whole thing smacks of effortlessness. In a bad way. It looks more like an early Blu-ray cash in on the title. I'd be surprised if there were any substantial new features. That way, they can release a Collector's Edition or a Special Edition Blu-ray in 2 years...

Yeah... This will probably be one of the Blu-ray era's "Limited Issues"...
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

Bluray's home page has Finding Nemo scheduled for a 2009 release in USA.
I'm sure we will see different cover art... No studios have been using that bluray swoop lately... I'm pretty sure it's done for good (much like when DVD's first came out they all were in cardboard cases or had that ugly generic, usually red, banner across the front.)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

steve wrote:Ugh. I thought they were going to phase out that big curve. It makes the cover look more like an ad for Blu-ray, and less about the movie itself. It cheapens the whole thing. And the picture itself is no better. It looks like a clipart of Marlin and Dory dropped into a really plain background. The whole thing smacks of effortlessness. In a bad way. It looks more like an early Blu-ray cash in on the title. I'd be surprised if there were any substantial new features. That way, they can release a Collector's Edition or a Special Edition Blu-ray in 2 years...
The video game cover is the same as this.
They could make a new edition but the old one was good (I have it by the way).
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

This would be nice :)
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

JDCB1986 wrote:This would be nice :)
See, I don't know why they don't do something like this - it's much more appealing, and in a way, is much more representative of the potential of Blu-ray, what with the amount of detail. Very nice. :)
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I'm sure the French cover is just a place holder and not the final cover.

As for the cover posted above, I'm not sure where it came from, but that will not be the cover as the title is at the bottom. So it can't be seen when flicking through the disc boxes in a rack or if the disc boxes are arranged in a "step" arrangement.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

2099net wrote:As for the cover posted above, I'm not sure where it came from, but that will not be the cover as the title is at the bottom.
Well obviously, but the concept is a nice one.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

The fan cover that JDCB1986 is a poster that was released when the film was at theather.
I guess that the french one is just an ad (Their Ariel's Beginning cover from a scan also looks like an ad and also their Sleeping Beauty PE Blu-Ray cover from a scan).
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

Ariel'sprince wrote:The fan cover that JDCB1986 is a poster that was released when the film was at theather.
I know, but with a little tweaking it could make a nice Blu-ray cover. The idea of showing off the colourful cast is nice, much better than the (hopefully temporary) cover above. No matter, such a cover is highly unlikely - that amount of detail wouldn't read well on a small(er then a poster) DVD/Blu-Ray case.
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

Arielsprince... why do you always feel it necessary to post things that everybody knows as if it's something only you have heard about... We all know that this cover isn't official and we all know that specific piece of artwork came from the theatrical poster. That was never the issue...

When I posted that cover... I didn't mean EXACTLY that cover... I meant a slightly revised version of that cover... Obviously they would have to tweak it a bit... The sky is cut out and so is some of the deep sea... But if they used that image or one quite similar to it, moved the title up etc... It would make an excellent cover.

Thank you Steve for understanding what I was going for :)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I think that this poster is too busy,it works as a poster but not a Blu-Ray cover.
Maybe they can make something similar to the DVD,with different cliparts of Marline and Dory with Bruce,Anchor and Chum insted of Crush and the other turtles,the DVD cover was great but I whould like to see something new for the Blu-Ray.
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

JDCB1986 wrote:Thank you Steve for understanding what I was going for :)
You're very welcome!
Ariel'sprince wrote:the DVD cover was great but I whould like to see something new for the Blu-Ray.
Agreed. Some completely new art would be great, and really refreshing. It seems like we're seeing the same old cliparts of Pixar characters being recycled over and over, on DVDs, books and promotional material.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

steve wrote:
JDCB1986 wrote: Agreed. Some completely new art would be great, and really refreshing. It seems like we're seeing the same old cliparts of Pixar characters being recycled over and over, on DVDs, books and promotional material.
Yeah,it's also the reason why I don't like the Enchanted cover.
They need to do something new and refreshing,not making the old DVD cover a Blu-Ray cover.
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Post by jeremy88 »

JDCB1986 wrote:Image
This would be nice :)

ooooh I want a poster of that. I like the cover a lot.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I wonder when in 2009 they are planning to release this Blu-ray. I kinda hope it comes out in the Spring, but I'm betting it will in the fall. It is afterall one of the best, if not best selling Pixar films. In my opinion almost any cover art is better than the original releases, I hated it.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Any news?.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I found a cover,is this the final cover? I hope it isn't:
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm not sure, it just looks like someone took a blu-ray cover art frame and covered the silver bar at the top of the old cover art and over the quote at the bottom.

But just in case...
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please oh please oh please Disney, don't use the same cover art!!! Out of all the cover arts that i dislike this is probably the one i hate the most!!!!!