DVDizzy.com
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23808
Page 21 of 24

Author:  jrboy [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just a heads up, these come in a regular sized dvd case like below

Image

Also the DMC will have these sets tomorrow for $39.95 each, or $15.98 each after 60% off

Author:  Tomorrowland Man [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

goofystitch wrote:
My set shipped this morning and Amazon says it will get here Wednesday.

Surprising.. mine shipped after your but I'm still getting mine tomorrow. Maybe you'll still get yours tomorrow as well.

Author:  Matt [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

if you buy both on amazon do you get anything else off?

Author:  Tomorrowland Man [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

If you mean similar to the Monster's Inc. / Up Blu-rays, no.

Author:  goofystitch [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

jrboy wrote:
Just a heads up, these come in a regular sized dvd case like below

That is fantastic news! I don't have room for more double/triple width releases on my shelf. I was hoping they would be able to at least retain the standard Treasures case size with these.

Do you know if the tin is thinner as well?

Author:  goofystitch [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tomorrowland Man wrote:
goofystitch wrote:
My set shipped this morning and Amazon says it will get here Wednesday.

Surprising.. mine shipped after your but I'm still getting mine tomorrow. Maybe you'll still get yours tomorrow as well.


I don't think that's possible. It left Whitestown, IN at 7:41 AM and is currently sitting in Indianapolis, IN. It didn't get there until 3:22 PM. So unless they overnight it and get it here before 7:00 AM, it's not going to get on a truck marked "out for delivery." I once had a package get there at 7:05 AM and I had to wait until the next day for them to bring it to me.

Author:  Rudy Matt [ Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

The only reason I didn't go Amazon for this is that I care about the condition of the tins. Even though the inexplicable reason to halt the Tin Bands wany waves ago renders Tinned product anonymous on the shelf, and so I store the tins in one box and the actual movies/cases on my shelf, I still give a damn about the condition of the tins.

That's why I risk it when it comes to the Treasure sets. Better to buy local, get good quality, then buy long distance and get a set with a pronounced dent.

Author:  jrboy [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 am ]
Post subject: 

goofystitch wrote:
Do you know if the tin is thinner as well?

Nope, same size

Rudy Matt wrote:
Even though the inexplicable reason to halt the Tin Bands wany waves ago renders Tinned product anonymous on the shelf

there back

Author:  karlsen [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:02 am ]
Post subject: 

There should be nothing to worry about with Amazon orders, I had forgotten all about this wave and did not get to order it before a couple of days ago and mine was shipped a few hours ago.

The only thing I am irritated over is that I did not have enough money for more then Standard Int'l Shipping and that takes about a month to reach Norway. If I had $3 more I could have upgraded and gotten them over two weeks quicker.

Author:  a-net-fan [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Mine Shipped!! Now anxious to read the UD reviews!

Author:  Rudy Matt [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:26 am ]
Post subject: 

jrboy wrote:
goofystitch wrote:
Do you know if the tin is thinner as well?

Nope, same size

Rudy Matt wrote:
Even though the inexplicable reason to halt the Tin Bands wany waves ago renders Tinned product anonymous on the shelf

there back


Well, unless Disney wants to retroactively ship out bands for the Waves they released without them, it doesn't matter if Zorro has them or not for me.

Author:  Mayhem [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:50 am ]
Post subject: 

jrboy wrote:
goofystitch wrote:
Do you know if the tin is thinner as well?

Nope, same size


Good to know, although I was half expecting you to say there was no tin or it was made of something non-metalic :roll: :twisted:

Mine have processed from Amazon and shipped, have to see when they get here barring Customs and the postal strikes...

Author:  BILLONEE [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just brought mine home. I was at Best Buy at 8:30. When they opened at 10 I was the first one in line & shot right to the DVD section. they had 3 of each on the rack. My two are OK but the remaining copies are bent in on the back. Bad shipping & handling I guess. I'll be checking them out tonight after work.

Author:  Mason_Ireton [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Read UD's review and the series sounds like a true delight to watch. I'm bout ready to order my copies from Amazon.


JRboy would you mind postin images of the dvd themselves along witht he front/back of the dvd case

Author:  stewie15 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the help everyone. My mom did end up ordering them with out me telling her and we got them today from amazon.ca. Funny there actually sitting about 5 feet away from me in our front hall and I wont be able to hold/watch them till December 25th.

Author:  PixarFan2006 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

I ordered both sets off Disney Movie Club (one I got half off). The shipping was a killer, but I think I have completed the commitment.

Author:  AliceinWonderland [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

PixarFan2006 wrote:
I ordered both sets off Disney Movie Club (one I got half off). The shipping was a killer, but I think I have completed the commitment.


Are you talking about the zorro tins? i called them yesterday to see if they were going to have them and they were not on their sales list yet. I would make sure that you didnt buy the movie club exclusives ones in the yellow box if you wanted the tins

Author:  gardener14 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine arrived from Amazon today. I say this just as confirmation that others who ordered from Amazon will get their copies soon.

Author:  jrboy [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

AliceinWonderland wrote:
Are you talking about the zorro tins? i called them yesterday to see if they were going to have them and they were not on their sales list yet. I would make sure that you didnt buy the movie club exclusives ones in the yellow box if you wanted the tins


Their on the site right now, $39.95 each, or $15.98 each after 60% off

Author:  Gurgi30 [ Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

a-net-fan wrote:
Mine Shipped!! Now anxious to read the UD reviews!


I just found out that mine did too. Thanks for helping me keep the faith earlier with your post. Now if I can get them to come in great shape and we can get word of a next wave I'll be a happy man.

Page 21 of 24 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/