DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:45 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Rudy Matt wrote:
So is that it for the Walt Disney Treasures this year?
Yes.

-Sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:12 pm 
Special Edition

Depending on your point of view, this will actually be the LARGEST wave of Walt Disney Treasures. 2 6-Disc sets = total of 12 Discs. The most we've ever had before is 4 2-Disc sets = total of 8 Discs.

Bring it on and thank you again Leonard Maltin and Disney!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'll be buying none this year. I know a lot of people are excited for these two sets, but I really think Disney should have given an alternative, too.

http://teendramaforum.proboards.com/
http://twitter.com/clemxens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm 
Limited Edition

PeterPanfan wrote:
I'll be buying none this year. I know a lot of people are excited for these two sets, but I really think Disney should have given an alternative, too.

Same here. I'm excited for Zorro and probably will buy them, but I do wish there was another one. I'm still watching for a classics Ludwig set. Ludwig doesn't get enough love for his talent at being crazy and education at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ludwig, and also Professor Owl. I LOVED him when I was younger, and still really want to watch his shorts since I barely remember any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 pm 
Platinum Edition

Panfan wrote:
Ludwig, and also Professor Owl. I LOVED him when I was younger, and still really want to watch his shorts since I barely remember any.

Professor Owl's shorts are on the Disney Rarities set and the Fantasia 2000 DVD ("Melody" and "Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Boom"). He was host of the early Sing-Along Songs vhs tapes too, though I'm fairly certain that the animation used is simply re-dubbed stuff from the "Melody" short.

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 am 
Collector's Edition

Quote:
That's interesting, since those are already available through DMC & DMR. And look at the price tags. Yes, I know they're TV season sets, and that price tag isn't outrageous for those, but for Treasures?!? Really? What a strange wave. Could this be the end for the Treasures? Or are they just spending time restoring the educational shorts and a Ludwig Von Drake set? One can hope... :? :(

The craptasic, fuzzy, VHS worthy, Disney channel colorized versions are available at the DMC, but not the unaltered, original, black and whie, remastered, restored versions. I wince when I watch the DMC Zorro discs, they're awful,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:30 am 

PeterPanfan wrote:

I have to agree. This will be the first time I won't be buying anything from a wave of Treasures.

Looks like it is going to be an even longer wait for my next Treasures purchase. :cry:

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Zorro isn't really something I've been longing for in particular, but I'll be happy to buy these as well. The fact that they decided to release all of this is very good, and in this case I guess the slight change of "format" is appropriate.

Furthermore, I hope we'll see at least a few more Treasures - and first and foremost the completion of the classic animated theatrical shorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:43 am 
Special Edition

AMAZON HAS THE ZORRO DVDS CURRENLY REDUCED EVEN MORE TO $38.99 EACH!!!!!!!!! Come on guys thats a STEAL!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:27 am 
Gold Collection

I just read that Zorro Seasons 1 and 2 will be released in December (or November) as part of the next wave of Treasures. I wonder if the content will differ than those that were offered in the Disney Movie Club.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:51 am 
Special Edition

ValenciaJoe wrote:
I just read that Zorro Seasons 1 and 2 will be released in December (or November) as part of the next wave of Treasures. I wonder if the content will differ than those that were offered in the Disney Movie Club.

Yes these will be in the original black and white and include bonus material exclusive to the Disney Treasures release not to mention the hour long season 3 episodes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 pm 

I taped my sequence for the supplemental material on the Zorro sets today. I can't go into what extras will be on the sets yet, but I do think fans of Zorro will be happy. If there's something special you think should be there but may have been missed, please drop me a note. I won't be able to confirm or deny the details at this stage, but I'll do my best to see what can be done to include as many things as possible. If you do have a suggestion, please identify any possible sources for the material.

Please only suggest things that you know actually exist, not things that would be nice to have but which no one has ever seen.

Regards

Bill Cotter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:25 am 
Platinum Edition

bcotter wrote:
I taped my sequence for the supplemental material on the Zorro sets today. I can't go into what extras will be on the sets yet, but I do think fans of Zorro will be happy.

Woohoo! Glad to hear there will be supplements. From what the initial reports said, I was afraid all that would be included as bonuses were Leonard Maltin intros and the four "Disneyland" episodes!

bcotter wrote:
If there's something special you think should be there but may have been missed, please drop me a note. I won't be able to confirm or deny the details at this stage, but I'll do my best to see what can be done to include as many things as possible. If you do have a suggestion, please identify any possible sources for the material.

I know it likely will be scoffed at by Treasures aficionados who'd feel what I'm suggesting is just kiddie fare, but I would love for the original Sing-Along Songs version of the "Zorro" theme to be included. According to Wikipedia, it's from the "Heigh-Ho" volume of the VHS series (first released in March 6, 1987) and is Stock #531. I always loved that the song featured a masked version of "Mickey the Bouncing Ball"! :D

And I found some of these on YouTube, so it's likely Disney has them in the archives (or know where to get them) and could include them in the Treasures sets:

1957 ABC-TV Promo for "Zorro" - it'd be cool to see other ABC promos for the series too!

"Zorro" on Vault Disney - I miss that programming block!

Zorro Meets The Mousketeers - from "Disneyland's Fourth Anniversary" (on the "Your Host, Walt Disney" Treasure). I'm sure Disney already planned on including this already (at least I'm hoping).

Guy Williams as Zorro in National Wildlife Week PSA

In addition, I doubt there will be disc space for these on the Treasures, but if Disney ever considered a single-disc non-Treasures release, I would love to have The Sign of Zorro and Zorro, the Avenger on DVD (similar to how they released the two "Davy Crockett" movies in a double-feature DVD). The Sign of Zorro is edited from 8 episodes, while Zorro, the Avenger is from 6 episodes.

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:45 am 
Limited Edition

Escapay's suggestions are great - -

There is also TV footage of Zorro at Disneyland, both swordfighting in Frontierland and in various parades.

Also it would be nice to see the theatrical trailers for "The Sign of Zorro" and "Zorro the Avenger".

How about audio extras of the "Zorro" theme (by various artists) and Annette's "Zorro" songs ("Lonely Guitar" and "Amo Que Paso") as recorded for Disneyland/Vista Records?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 am 
Special Edition

Some "Freshen Up Freddy" commercials would be nice, since the Disney animators made those.

I'd love a little featurette about Henry Calvin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:33 am 
Limited Edition

On her "Disney Family Album" Annette tells the story of how Walt gave her a 16th birthday gift in the guest appearance on "Zorro" - - because she had a mad crush on Guy Williams (...and I'm sure she was a ratings draw in and of herself).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 am 
Special Edition

bcotter wrote:
I taped my sequence for the supplemental material on the Zorro sets today. I can't go into what extras will be on the sets yet, but I do think fans of Zorro will be happy. If there's something special you think should be there but may have been missed, please drop me a note. I won't be able to confirm or deny the details at this stage, but I'll do my best to see what can be done to include as many things as possible. If you do have a suggestion, please identify any possible sources for the material.

Please only suggest things that you know actually exist, not things that would be nice to have but which no one has ever seen.

Regards

Bill Cotter

Hi Bill,

I cant imagine that any bonus materials have been overlooked with you involved in this project! Your book is a great source of information and Im very excited to know that you are involved in this release. I remember reading how you were wanting the Zorro series released on DVD YEARS ago back when I would buy Annette press photos from you. :) SO I know this is going to be a very well put together collection. Take note people who arent planning to Pre Order or already own the DMC versions. This is gonna be a superior set!

I agree with Merlin that it would be nice to include one of the many interviews of Annette talking about Zorro and her crush on Guy Williams. I am pretty sure she has done more then one interview for Disney where she talks about this so to include one (possibly one thats less likely to have been seen if avail) would be great. Also including the studio versions of her songs she did for the show would be a great bonus. Lonely Guitar charted making the Billboard top 50 I believe so to me that is a must for this collection. :)
I know you arent a fan of her episodes and no its not her best acting but aside from her crying I think she did great. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:39 pm 
Limited Edition

jrboy wrote:

new artwork

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I have no interest in getting these at all, but I really, really like the coverart and I'm digging the darker tins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next