Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

I dunno I might pass on this set. Cause it'll be $45-$60 per set.

Why couldn't they have released it on blu ray? Then it would be 1 disc.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

a-net-fan wrote:^ What is this forum that you are talking about??? Maybe all of the UD Treasure fans need to head over there and contribute our two cents!
Unfortunately, it's by invite only and is a consumer info forum run by Disney Home Entertainment. No idea how you get invited. The problem with it is that they are so interested in EVERYONE's opinion, even folks who hate EVERYTHING Disney. Yeah, there are literally people there who hate all things Disney, even all things classic Disney. I personally think that the fact that Disney values such an opinion is a big part of their problem these days. It's either, "How can we reach the biggest family-friendly profit demographic," (tweens and soccer moms) or, "How can we reach those folks not into Disney." Not enough concern about pleasing those folks already into Disney and keeping up the quality and "family friendly but appealing to all ages" material they made themselves known for under Walt. The Treasures Collection has been one of the few attempts to really please true Disney lovers.
waltmad
Gold Classic Collection
Location: In this world, but not of it. On my way upward to my eternal home

Post by waltmad »

why all the emotions both for & against? just look at the previous tins & say OOH, SHINEY! :)
They've found it, they've found Noah's ark, & other stuff!
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/DVD-RGT.htm
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahsark.htm
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

slave2moonlight wrote: The problem with it is that they are so interested in EVERYONE's opinion, even folks who hate EVERYTHING Disney. Yeah, there are literally people there who hate all things Disney, even all things classic Disney. I personally think that the fact that Disney values such an opinion is a big part of their problem these days. It's either, "How can we reach the biggest family-friendly profit demographic," (tweens and soccer moms) or, "How can we reach those folks not into Disney." Not enough concern about pleasing those folks already into Disney and keeping up the quality and "family friendly but appealing to all ages" material they made themselves known for under Walt.
Maybe it's because Disney knows that the hard-core Disney fans will buy anything? Even though that's not completely true- a lot of hard-core Disney fans won't buy "crap" releases, but many people who love Disney will buy anything new the company puts out.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Actually, I think they are steadily losing more traditional Disney fans than they will be able to hold onto with their name brand's value alone. They seem to think that they can hold onto the core Disney fans just buy constantly rereleasing the same stuff, but it's just the bones they throw to us once in a while, like the Treasures sets, that are keeping many of us around. Meanwhile, greed has made them more interested in redefining "Disney" to reach every demographic out there with any crap they can, rather than focusing on quality and being the best at what they have made a name for themselves doing. I don't mean to be coming down on them, either, as I always used to be the guy defending the company from all the neggies out there, but it IS frustrating how focused they are on teenie boppers lately and pleasing people who have never been Disney fans before and don't even want to entertain the though, while snubbing fan requests for DVDs of stuff like, well, Song of the South or the rest of titles they started releasing but never finished... If you aren't going to feed the pets you already have, you shouldn't go out looking for new pets.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I think I will pass on this wave. I have only seen Zorro a few times on Vault Disney (Back when The Disney Channel actually used to be good).
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

I'd settle for that price, very reasonable then $59 *shudders* I enjoy the WDT but not THAT much to shell out an arm/leg. Thank god for Amazon
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

WOW thank you! Im preordering RIGHT NOW!! :) $82 bucks for all the Zorro episodes..... and FREE SHIPPING....GREAT DEAL. U made my day!! :D
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Sweet! My two used colorized seasons are up for bid on eBay and the bid is currently at $41. lol. That basically pays for half of the far superior set.
DisneyFanatic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyFanatic »

I have never seen Zorro...but I will still buy this. I enjoy the older shows and although I am 1 treasure short of a complete set, I can't intentionally pass on a wave. And I am sure I will at least get some enjoyment from this. I do wish they would someday release a Ludwig set or educational set...more Disneyland episodes (with ranger woodlore). And Fluppy Dogs would be perfect.
Yeah Disney!!!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I pre-ordered just to lock down Amazon's great price, but I can always cancel if stores, like Best Buy, have first week deals. I'm really hoping they will not only sell them for around $40, but that they will also have a deal like a "buy both and save $10" thing. When the HSM movies came to Blu-Ray, I re-purchased HSM2 because it was $10 cheaper with Best Buy's deal than if I had just bought the two I didn't have.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Too bad I just spent $100 on speakers. I might've actually ordered one of these. Thank god for Netflix.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

If I can find work soon, I'll pick them up, but... :(
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

jrboy:

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon pre-order availability. I just ordered both and can't wait for November 3rd to arrive!

Darby
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

DisneyFanatic wrote:I have never seen Zorro...but I will still buy this. I enjoy the older shows and although I am 1 treasure short of a complete set, I can't intentionally pass on a wave. And I am sure I will at least get some enjoyment from this. I do wish they would someday release a Ludwig set or educational set...more Disneyland episodes (with ranger woodlore). And Fluppy Dogs would be perfect.
DisneyFanatic:

I think you're going to really enjoy the Zorro series and it certainly is canonical in terms of Walt Disney's television efforts. If the restoration job in high definition is anything like the job they did on Dr. Syn, we are all in for a real treat!

Darby
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I thought I should let you all know that my USED DVDs of the first two seasons sold on eBay for $112!!!!! That means I actually made $30 by selling them because the two Treasures only cost $82, which I pre-ordered on Amazon.

So to all of you current owners of the DMC exclusive seasons, I advise you to sell them now before to many people know that the good release is coming. You can put the money towards the new sets and actually have money left over.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

goofystitch wrote:I thought I should let you all know that my USED DVDs of the first two seasons sold on eBay for $112!!!!! That means I actually made $30 by selling them because the two Treasures only cost $82, which I pre-ordered on Amazon.

So to all of you current owners of the DMC exclusive seasons, I advise you to sell them now before to many people know that the good release is coming. You can put the money towards the new sets and actually have money left over.
WOW congrats! Im glad it all worked out for you! :)
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

...And we'll get TWO musical numbers from Annette in this release! As Anita she sings "Lonely Guitar" and "Amo Que Paso"!
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

So is that it for the Walt Disney Treasures this year?