Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I've been averaging one or two episodes per night before bed. I just started disc 4 last night. I have to say that the show gets better as it progresses. I'm really digging the eagle feather storyline. I must be getting close to the end of that arch though.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

i was supposed to buy season one last weekend but after paying bills and stuff i stayed with no money, now i gotta wait til next weekend to get it. it sucks.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

goofystitch wrote:I've been averaging one or two episodes per night before bed. I just started disc 4 last night. I have to say that the show gets better as it progresses. I'm really digging the eagle feather storyline. I must be getting close to the end of that arch though.
Ha, we are around the same point then, though I have to hit the road Wednesday and will be gone through the weekend, which will set me back. Loving the show, though.
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

The Lt. Governor of Monterey is SUCH a douchebag.

Sorry, you'll find that out in Season 2. Not really a spoiler. I'm amazed at how the writers were so adpet at creating such hissable bureaucrat villains.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I was in Walmart today and actually saw 3 copies of season 2 on the shelf for $49. $10 less than what I paid for it at HMV. :x
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Barbossa wrote:I was in Walmart today and actually saw 3 copies of season 2 on the shelf for $49. $10 less than what I paid for it at HMV. :x
Interesting. Let me know (anyone at all) if you see Justice League the complete series there at a lower price than most places (I think Best Buy has it at 89.99), or a price cut on the Looney Tunes golden collection or Smallville blu-rays...
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

slave2moonlight wrote:
Barbossa wrote:I was in Walmart today and actually saw 3 copies of season 2 on the shelf for $49. $10 less than what I paid for it at HMV. :x
Interesting. Let me know (anyone at all) if you see Justice League the complete series there at a lower price than most places (I think Best Buy has it at 89.99), or a price cut on the Looney Tunes golden collection or Smallville blu-rays...

i have seen the Looney Tunes golden collections for about $25 at amazon.com. i ,myself, bought the 4th volume for that price a couple of weeks ago. you can try there. hopefully they are still at the price because i still need vol 5&6
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I'm looking for the complete Justice League as well. I just picked up Superman off of Amazon and I picked up Batman last year when it came out. I love the packaging on the Batman series and I wish they had done the other two in the same format. They would all have looked great together.
marald

Post by marald »

slave2moonlight wrote:
If you can order online, I got my Justice League Complete Series at deepdiscount.com for $54.97 shipped using a $5 off coupon code which can be found at dvdtalk.com It'll only be this price for a few more days their sale ends 11/29
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I just got my treasures from amazon and they were seriously dented. I was really disappointed. I did not open them to see if the discs are OK because i want to return them back and get new ones from amazon. How do i return and get new ones from amazon? Is this reason enough (dented tins) for amazon to send me new copies?

Thanks for your help.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Yes, you can return them for a refund if your goods arrived damaged. Just go to the returns section, print out the return slip and send them back. I've had discs arrive damaged and Amazon has replaced them no questions asked. :)
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Yes, you can return them for a refund if your goods arrived damaged. Just go to the returns section, print out the return slip and send them back. I've had discs arrive damaged and Amazon has replaced them no questions asked. :)
Thanks. :) It seems quite simple afterall.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Or you can just contact them and they'll send out new replacement ones right away with a label to return the damaged copies.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

GOOD NEWS TREASURES FANS....

The complete First Season of Zorro is now SOLD OUT on Amazon.com

It appears they have no intentions of restocking it so I think its safe to say that volume can be considered SOLD OUT. :)
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

a-net-fan wrote:GOOD NEWS TREASURES FANS....

It appears they have no intentions of restocking it so I think its safe to say that volume can be considered SOLD OUT. :)
How is that good news?
thatartguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by thatartguy »

Well, imagine if they only printed 30,000 of them and they never sold out. That wouldn't say too much about their selling power.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
a-net-fan wrote:GOOD NEWS TREASURES FANS....

How is that good news?
UMMMM.... because this sends a message to Disney that there is a market for this type of material and I would say as long as the volumes sell out rather quickly our chances of the Treasures Series continuing is even greater. So yea this is very good news! :D
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

a-net-fan wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote: How is that good news?
UMMMM.... because this sends a message to Disney that there is a market for this type of material and I would say as long as the volumes sell out rather quickly our chances of the Treasures Series continuing is even greater. So yea this is very good news! :D
It would be better news if it sold out from a a larger print run (like 150,000) than the pitiful 30,000.

I hate to be the cynic, but I have a feeling it sold out mainly because there were more scalpers who bought them to sell for an arm and a leg six months from now than there were genuine Disney/"Zorro" fans.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
pvdfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pvdfan »

^I agree with Albert there. It is what I did, hoping for them to sell out fast only to return them right after Christmas.

If anyone needs a set, every Best Buy I've been to in IL has had 2-3 copies of each set. It also seems that many online retailers have it in stock as well.