$6.99 Walt Disney DVD classics at Best Buy

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

$6.99 Walt Disney DVD classics at Best Buy

Post by merlinjones »

FYI -- When I went to get my Annette and Dr. Syn DVDs at Best Buy over lunch (on sale for 24.99 this week) I happened upon a sale on classic live-action Walt Disney titles for only $6.99 (reg 14.99), including: Darby O'Gill & the Little People, The Parent Trap!, Summer Magic, In Search of the Castaways, Son of Flubber, Johnny Tremain and Blackbeard's Ghost, among others. Good way to save if you have been holding out on these great titles.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Ooh, thank you for posting! Maybe I can finally pick up Darby. :D
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Thanks for posting the news! I'll be sure to pick them up!
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Don't forget you also can get a free Bolt sneak peak dvd with any disney title

merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

Oops - - these are $5.99 - - not $6:99 - - even better!!!!!!
DisneyFanatic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyFanatic »

I bought darby last year for St. Patrick's Day. But I am thinking about possibly getting either Johnny Tremain (especially for the episode of Disneyland on there) or maybe Summer Magic.

But I don't know...What are anyone's thoughts between the two??
Yeah Disney!!!
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

DisneyFanatic wrote:I bought darby last year for St. Patrick's Day. But I am thinking about possibly getting either Johnny Tremain (especially for the episode of Disneyland on there) or maybe Summer Magic.

But I don't know...What are anyone's thoughts between the two??
For that price BUY BOTH! Both are great movies and worth owning! Steal of a deal and thanks Merlin for the heads up!
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
DisneyFanatic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyFanatic »

The price is GREAT, but if I really won't watch them then it would be pointless to really get both...I tend to not buy blind really (unless it is the treasures) only because I never really watch them.
Yeah Disney!!!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

If you have to pick between the two, DisneyFanatic, go for Johnny Tremain. It's better than Summer Magic, IMO. Plus, if you enjoy "Disneyland" episodes, there are 3 excerpts from them on the disc. "The Liberty Story" is half an episode (the other half was the TV broadcast of "Ben & Me"), with Walt discussing/promoting Johnny Tremain. In addition, Walt's introductions for the 1958 two-part TV airing of the film is included as well.

Anyways, when I went to buy the Treasures (Donald V4 and Dr. Syn, may get Annette down the road but given the fact that it's still abundant and that the other two MMC serials are easy to find in my area, I'll hold off for awhile...), I picked up Darby O'Gill and the Little People (been meaning to get it for awhile) and Shipwrecked (blindbuy, though I then remembered that it's a p&s hackjob of a 2.35:1 frame, so I'll probably exchange it for something else). Also got the Bolt disc, but have yet to watch it.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Re: $6.99 Walt Disney DVD classics at Best Buy

Post by Darby »

merlinjones wrote:FYI -- When I went to get my Annette and Dr. Syn DVDs at Best Buy over lunch (on sale for 24.99 this week) I happened upon a sale on classic live-action Walt Disney titles for only $6.99 (reg 14.99), including: Darby O'Gill & the Little People, The Parent Trap!, Summer Magic, In Search of the Castaways, Son of Flubber, Johnny Tremain and Blackbeard's Ghost, among others. Good way to save if you have been holding out on these great titles.
merlinjones:

I saw the same thing when I went to my local Best Buy to look for Dr. Syn (I've ordered Dr. Syn via Amazon but was curious to see how many copies Best Buy had in stock; alas, they had none and the store was crawling with babyboomers looking for a copy!).

They have some really Disney gems for $5.99.

Darby
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

Is the Parent Trap the Lindsay Lohan version?
Disney on Broadway:
Beauty and the Beast - December 2, 2006
The Lion King - February 28, 2007 & February 16, 2008
The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

The Parent Trap!: Both Walt's Hayley Mills original and the Lohan remake are on sale for 5.99.
Jessica
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jessica »

Went to Best Buy to pick up Dr Syn & they were sold out. I was so looking forward to viewing this set! Instead, I picked up Johnny Tremain, Shipwrecked, Hocus Pocus, Treasure of Matecumbe, & Twister SE.
<i>The user formerly known as Tinkerbell</i>
thomashton
Gold Classic Collection

Re: $6.99 Walt Disney DVD classics at Best Buy

Post by thomashton »

merlinjones wrote:FYI -- When I went to get my Annette and Dr. Syn DVDs at Best Buy over lunch (on sale for 24.99 this week) I happened upon a sale on classic live-action Walt Disney titles for only $6.99 (reg 14.99), including: Darby O'Gill & the Little People, The Parent Trap!, Summer Magic, In Search of the Castaways, Son of Flubber, Johnny Tremain and Blackbeard's Ghost, among others. Good way to save if you have been holding out on these great titles.
I hope you realized they were $25 apiece OR 2 for $40. When they rung mine up they didn't give me the $10 discount. I asked for it and got it. With a $10 reward voucher, I got two WDTs for only $30! :o
To all who come to this happy place, Welcome...Disneyland is your land...
Disneybuff1975

Post by Disneybuff1975 »

Is Summer Magic supposed to have a chapter insert? Mine didn't.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Disneybuff1975 wrote:Is Summer Magic supposed to have a chapter insert? Mine didn't.
Yes, but Disney is no longer producing them for dvds.
Prince Charming 12
Gold Classic Collection

BEST BUY

Post by Prince Charming 12 »

That was a good deal; probably the best one all year. I picked up four of the titles: Darby O'Gill, Huck Finn, Treasure of Matecumbe and the Black Hole.
Remember the Magic!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

this sale is over, right?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I think the sale is still going on, but it may be some different (and more recent) titles now.

Disney DVDs for $5.99 at Best Buy

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Kendris
Limited Issue

Select Disney Movies $11.88 at Target

Post by Kendris »

This weekend at Target....Select Disney Movies are $11.88. This includes Finding Nemo, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, Snow Buddies, 101 Dalmatians, Cars, National Treasure 2, Enchanted, and Camp Rock. Get em while they are on sale!