DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:29 pm 
Collector's Edition

I'm so confused about what titles are actually in the PE line.

Does anyone know for sure what titles are in this line? I've heard different lists all over.

I've heard Aladdin has been removed and Alice in Wonderland has been added....what's up with that?

Confusion all around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Well, the existing Platinum Editions are easy enough, but here's a timeline image from UD's "DVD Release Types" page -

As to the upcoming Platinum Edition cycle, a Disney home video website in Brasil revealed Disney's PE plans through 2011. Here's the thread, and here's the "chart" of info -

So far, with Disney's recent announcement of official PE plans through 2010, that chart has been accurate. So it remains to be seen if Disney changes their mind and switches out Alice with Aladdin again, or moves up The Lion King, or somesuch.

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The next two are:

Pinocchio in spring 2008, and

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in fall 2009.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment
So acorrding to the other list,Sleeping Beauty,Little Mermaid with Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning and Peter Pan with Return To Neverland (And maybe TinkerBell?) will be back to the vault only in 2010? and The Jungle Book will be back in 2009? (Well,I"m glad that Peter Pan will be back to the Vault only in 2010,I might buy Peter Pan before that).
And list is right (Because like the list is saying,Little Mermaid II got a re-released and Snow White,Pinocchio,Fantasia and Beauty And The Beast are the next PEs so Alice In Wonderland will be a Platinum Edition!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ariel'sprince wrote:
So acorrding to the other list,Sleeping Beauty,Little Mermaid with Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning and Peter Pan with Return To Neverland (And maybe TinkerBell?) will be back to the vault only in 2010? and The Jungle Book will be back in 2009? (Well,I"m glad that Peter Pan will be back to the Vault only in 2010,I might buy Peter Pan before that).

You are off by a year. The following:
Peter Pan (Platinum Edition)
Peter Pan in Return to Neverland (Pixie-Powered Edition)
The Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition)
The Little Mermaid II (which is getting a short re-release this fall)
The Little Mermaid III

are all going back into the vault January 2009. so be sure to pick them up soon if you haven't already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Barbossa wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:

The Little Mermaid III

are all going back into the vault January 2009. so be sure to pick them up soon if you haven't already.

The list says the in 2010 these movies will be back to the Vault-
Sleeping Beauty PE.
The Little Mermaid PE.
The Little Mermaid II (Re-release).
Ariel's Beginning.
Peter Pan PE.
Return To Neverland re-release.
And only Jungle Book PE and Jungle Book 2 re-release will be back to the vault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 pm 
Special Edition

^I'm pretty sure that, although the picture says 2010, I believe those titles are actually going back into the vault in 2009. They're releasing TLM and Peter Pan box sets in December, so they'll probably do what they did with the 4-disc Narnia (for example) and put it back a month later. Not many people besides collectors will get those box sets, so there's no point in keeping them circulating for a full year.

The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

No,I think it will be back to the Vault in 2010.
Aladdin PE was released in 2004 and Cinderella PE was released in 2005 and they came back to the Vault in 2008.
Bambi PE was released in 2005 and Lady And The Tramp PE was released in 2006,and they came back to the Vault in 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm 
Special Edition

Ariel'sprince wrote:
Aladdin PE was released in 2004 and Cinderella PE was released in 2005 and they came back to the Vault in 2008.
Bambi PE was released in 2005 and Lady And The Tramp PE was released in 2006,and they came back to the Vault in 2007.

I never understood why that was, but wasn't it this site that said they were going back into the vault in 2009? This is the only site I get my Disney information from, so it had to have been.

I can't wait for that Mermaid Trilogy box set. =)

The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm 
Collector's Edition

I really don't see them removing a title from the PE line. It doesn't make sense that they would call a title a PE one cycle and then the next time it's to be released it's not called that anymore. There's no point in that.

I actually see them adding Alice and keeping Aladdin in the line. That would make 15 titles in the PE line instead of 14.

My opinion, I think they also need to add Dumbo and make the list have 16 titles.

This SHOULD be the PE line:

SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
PINOCCHIO
FANTASIA
DUMBO
BAMBI
CINDERELLA
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
PETER PAN
LADY AND THE TRAMP
SLEEPING BEAUTY
101 DALMATIANS
THE JUNGLE BOOK
THE LITTLE MERMAID
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
ALADDIN
THE LION KING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Barbossa wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:

The Little Mermaid III

Trust me, this list is correct. the Platinum Editions have a shelf life of 2 years. They're approaching Little Mermaid like they did Cinderella last year where they briefly released the second sequel so people could buy the whole set. Then in January, they were back in the vault along with Aladdin and its sequels. I believe the news was even posted on the homepage of UD somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:06 pm 
Collector's Edition

Barbossa wrote:
Barbossa wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:

The Little Mermaid III

Trust me, this list is correct. the Platinum Editions have a shelf life of 2 years. They're approaching Little Mermaid like they did Cinderella last year where they briefly released the second sequel so people could buy the whole set. Then in January, they were back in the vault along with Aladdin and its sequels. I believe the news was even posted on the homepage of UD somewhere.

Well, I agree with Barbossa. That's just the way Disney does things. Also, the chart above is supposedly from Brazil...(I think). This could only be a suspected schedule from there and not from the US or any other part of the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Thomas J wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:

I never understood why that was, but wasn't it this site that said they were going back into the vault in 2009? This is the only site I get my Disney information from, so it had to have been.

I can't wait for that Mermaid Trilogy box set. =)

I guess it's because more people whould buy movies like The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty then films like The Jungle Book.
Anyway I do think it will be back to the Vault in 2010.
The Mermaid boxest :D but I already have Little Mermaid PE and Ariel's Beginning on DVD.
And Barbosa-I don't think it's about sequels but about how popular a film is (Like what I said about Cinderella and Aladdin comparing to Bambi and Lady The Tramp,and they also had the sequel thing).
I really hope it will be back to the Vault in 2010 because first of all,The Little Mermaid won't leave so soon and I whould have time of thinking if to buy Peter Pan PE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:15 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

tlc38tlc38 wrote:
Well, I agree with Barbossa. That's just the way Disney does things. Also, the chart above is supposedly from Brazil...(I think). This could only be a suspected schedule from there and not from the US or any other part of the world.

Here it is from UD's hompage, a posting from September 12:

Quote:
September 12, 2008 - Disney has announced a number of DVDs scheduled for release this December. The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea Special Edition will street on December 16th with two games, a Jodi Benson-narrated virtual storybook, a new deleted song, and the new Underwater Mer-Venture Challenge game. On the same day, it will be available in The Little Mermaid Trilogy ($50.00 SRP) box set with its 1989 predecessor's Platinum Edition and the recently-debuted Ariel's Beginning plus 3 exclusive lithographs. All three movies will dramatically return to the Vault on January 30, 2009. Cover art has been posted here. Also arriving on December 16th in the same vein is another 3-Movie Collection holding the 1953 classic Peter Pan's Platinum Edition, the Pixie-Powered Edition of 2002 sequel Return to Never Land, and upcoming DTV Tinker Bell. Likewise, Peter and Return will go out of print in January.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:18 pm 
Collector's Edition

SOMETHING JUST HIT ME!!

Why are we assuming that ALADDIN has been removed from the PE line just because ALICE IN WONDERLAND has been added?

LOOK at the old schedule compared to the new upcoming schedule...

The NEW schedule is showing that ALICE is being released before THE LION KING. The old schedule is showing that ALADDIN was released after the LION KING. Based on this information, it just looks as if ALADDIN will be released after THE LION KING on PE.

...maybe this is just my high hopes. But, if you look at the schedule that's the logical explination. Also, with Tim Burton's version of ALICE coming out near 2011 I can see why their adding ALICE to the PE line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This instance prooves this list is wrong though. Disney announced that TLM trilogy is going to the vault in '09 (my guess is that TJB 1 & 2 or Peter Pan 1 & 2 are also going in '09). People knew for years now that Sleeping Beauty, Pinnochio, and both Fantasias were added to the Platinum line and that Snow White would begin to be released sooner than antipicated. This chart just made physical "evidence" for us to see.

If I had to make a guess I'd say that Alice was added to the Platinum line and that we'll see Aladdin and Bambi in 2012.

Also, as far as I'm concerned this is just a fan art list of some kind. This carries no official marking by Disney at all. I would take this as a grain of salt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:31 pm 
Limited Edition

The second calendar is wrong. Disney has announced that Peter Pan, Return to Neverland and The Little Mermaid trilogy are being vaulted in January. If you go to the main page once and a while you'd know these things.

EDIT: Barbosa beat me to it. I should have read every post before posting; my bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:55 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

OMG!!!!!!! :o my best friend's mother's brother's fiance's nephews's best friend's dog's aunt's counsin's wife works at Disney and she fowarded this picture to me about the future Platinum Line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, i guess Aladdin really did get bumped from the Platinum Line, and finally The Black Cauldron will get the treatment it deserves! I can't wait to see the Toy Story PE! This is soooooo true it freakin blows my mind! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! There's no way this is a fake!

(this is just to be a jerk and proove a point, and just to throw it out there this took me about 5 mins to make :twisted:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

What's the point of putting out The Little Mermaid Trilogy if it's only going to be available for 1 month? I think it should be out longer then that, fair enough if Disney don't want it hanging around for another year but a month is just ridiculous. Not everyone is going to be able to run out and get it within that month, Disney should at least allow a couple, surely?

Last edited by universALLove on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 pm 
Collector's Edition

I just wish we could get some kind of official word on if ALADDIN is being taken away from the PE line. I know the schedule above is a fake but the reasoning behind it (not selling well) is a good reason for them to take it away. But, if it's in the PE once they shouldn't take it out just because of sales. I think ALADDIN will always be in the PE line as long as they do that line. I just wish we could have some kind of an official word on it.