Disney Channel's Wiztober

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Disney Channel's Wiztober

Post by PeterPanfan »

I.am.shocked.

And dissapointed.

This will be the first year (I think..) in which the Disney Channel is having a Halloween themed month, and is not showing Hocus Pocus.

This is the schedule for the month of October, beginning this Wednesday:

October 1- Halloweentown
October 2 -Halloweentown 2: Kalabar's Revenge
October 3 -Halloweentown High
October 4 -Return to Halloweentown
October 5 -Twitches
October 6 -Twitches Too!
October 7 -The Haunted Mansion
October 8 -The Muppets Wizard of Oz
October 9 -Now You See It...
October 10 -Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
October 11- Mostly Ghostly
October 12- Casper Meets Wendy
October 13- Monsters Inc.
October 14- Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
October 15- Aladdin
October 16- Mostly Ghostly
October 17- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
October 18- Minutemen
October 19- The Cheetah Girls 2 Sing Along
October 20- The Cheetah Girls: One World Sing Along
October 21- Camp Rock Rock Along
October 22- High School Musical Sing Along
October 23- High School Musical 2 Sing Along

October 24- The Haunted Mansion
October 25- Halloweentown
October 26- Wizards of Waverly Place Saving Wiz Tech
October 26- Halloweentown 2: Kalabar's Revenge
October 27- Halloweentown High
October 28- Return to Halloweentown
October 29- Twitches
October 30- Twitches Too
October 31- Mostly Ghostly

Okay, uhm. I underlined the films that hardly have any relations to Halloween. ALADDIN? And freaking Cheetah Girls? High School Musical? Minutemen?

And they're showing Mostly Ghostly three times, when they COULD be showing Houc Pocus, The Scream Team, Under Wraps, Don't Look Under the Bed, The Phantom of the Megaplex, or multiple other Disney Halloween films.

Ugh, this just aggravates me.

Look at past Hauntober schedules:

2006:

1 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown
2 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge
3 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown High
4 October at 8/7c - Hocus Pocus
5 October at 8/7c - Under Wraps
6 October at 9/8c - Twitches
7 October at 9/8c - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
8 October at 8/7c - The Little Vampire
9 October at 8/7c - Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
10 October at 8/7c - Don't Look Under the Bed
11 October at 8/7c - Tower of Terror
12 October at 8/7c - Can of Worms
13 October at 9/8c - Monsters Inc.
14 October at 9/8c - Hocus Pocus
15 October at 8/7c - Phantom of the Megaplex
16 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown
17 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge
18 October at 8/7c - Halloweentown High
19 October at 8/7c - Twitches
20 October at 8/7c - Return to Halloweentown (PREMIERE)
21 October at 9/8c - Return to Halloweentown
22 October at 8/7c - Return to Halloweentown
23 October at 8/7c - Hocus Pocus (film)
24 October at 8/7c - Return to Halloweentown
25 October at 8/7c - The Little Vampire
26 October at 8/7c - Return to Halloweentown
27 October at 9/8c - Casper Meets Wendy
28 October at 9/8c - Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
29 October at 8/7c - Under Wraps (film)
30 October at 8/7c - Return to Halloweentown
31 October at 8/7c - Twitches

^ That was a pretty decent lineup.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Channel's Wiztober

Post by Escapay »

Panfan wrote:Okay, uhm. I underlined the films that hardly have any relations to Halloween. ALADDIN? And freaking Cheetah Girls? High School Musical? Minutemen?
Aladdin features the Genie impersonating a dead person ("I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture, I don't like doing it!") and dressed up as a cheerleader so those two instances could be Halloween-esque. :P

And Minutemen is awesome. It deserves to be shown twice a month on Disney Channel for the next 100 years. (Okay, maybe not. But I do like Minutemen and I have yet to pick it up on DVD)
Panfan wrote:And they're showing Mostly Ghostly three times, when they COULD be showing Houc Pocus, The Scream Team, Under Wraps, Don't Look Under the Bed, The Phantom of the Megaplex, or multiple other Disney Halloween films.
What's mostly annoying is that Mostly Ghostly isn't even a Disney movie. It's by Universal, but has a lot of Disney Channel actors in it.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

That is a really horrible schedule, and I love Hocus Pocus and Phantom of the Megaplex, so that's even worse that they're not showing them. However, I am INCREDIBLY excited for a new Wizards of Waverly Place every Sunday. That's my favorite Disney Channel show EVER. I still have the Ha-Ha Haunted Halloween marathon on VHS from years ago, because I used to love to watch all of the Halloween episodes (especially the Lizzie McGuire one).
Disney on Broadway:
Beauty and the Beast - December 2, 2006
The Lion King - February 28, 2007 & February 16, 2008
The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

"Wiztober"...

That sounds both dirty and funny... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Ah, Wiztober.

It really makes me have to pee.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Why don't they show The Nightmare Before Christmas?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Surely Hocus Pocus will come on ABC Family.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I'm willing to bet Hocus Pocus and Tower of Terror, and maybe even Nightmare Before Christmas, come on ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

The biggest thing that bothers me, aside from the sing along versions of HSM 2, Camp Rock, and The Cheetah Girls One World, is that Harry Potter is airing on the DISNEY CHANNEL (Yes, I know they've aired it before).
Handofdoom71

We really need to contact Disney about their Wiztober

Post by Handofdoom71 »

I mean, this year's Halloween movie line-up pretty much SUCKS!!!!!! Other than Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire, I think its garbage. I mean, take a look at the past two years' movie lineup, and now look at this year's. Camp Rock? Cheetah Girls? High School Musical? Minutemen? Muppets? Alladin? Last time I checked, these weren't Halloween movies. What happened to Hocus Pocus, Phantom of the Megaplex, Underwraps, and all those other classic Halloween flicks?
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

Disney on Broadway:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Family here in Canada also has Witztober on it's website but here's the schedule:

Twitches Fri Oct 03 7:30pm
Air Bud: Golden Receiver Fri Oct 03 9:00pm
Remember the Titans Fri Oct 03 10:30pm
Now You See It... Sat Oct 04 12:00pm
Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire Sat Oct 04 1:30pm
Bailey's Billions Sat Oct 04 9:00pm
Father and Scout Sat Oct 04 10:33pm
Twitches Sun Oct 05 12:00pm
Don't Look Under the Bed Sun Oct 05 1:30pm
Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century Sun Oct 05 9:00pm
Short Circuit Sun Oct 05 10:37pm
Twitches Too Fri Oct 10 7:30pm
Beetlejuice Fri Oct 10 9:00pm
Stuck in the Suburbs Fri Oct 10 10:30pm
Haunted Mansion, The Sat Oct 11 12:00pm
Phantom of the Megaplex Sat Oct 11 1:30pm
Ghostbusters Sat Oct 11 9:00pm
Witches, The Sat Oct 11 10:45pm
Twitches Too Sun Oct 12 12:00pm
Now You See It... Sun Oct 12 1:30pm
Ghostbusters II Sun Oct 12 9:00pm
Address Unknown Sun Oct 12 10:49pm

Looking up until the 24th however, (which is as far into the schedule one can look) there is no sign of Hocus Pocus (but lot's of Short Circuit for some reason). If both Family and Disney Channels were to not show the movie, I'm sure there would be alot of complaints. It could be a ploy to get people to buy the crappy DVD, but that would only result in more complaining.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween schedule:

Night One – Sunday, October 19
The 10th annual 13 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN begins with a day full of screams starting with The Witches at 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM ET/PT, where a young boy comes across a convention of witches with devastating results. Right after the witchy adventure watch as a small town is terrorized by monsters in Gremlins (1:30 – 4:00 PM ET/PT). Then settle in for the afternoon with a butt-kicking ninja marathon starting with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at 4:00 – 6:00 PM ET/PT, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (6:00 – 8:00 PM ET/PT) and then the ABC Family premiere of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III at 8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT.

Night Two – Monday, October 20“Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize” with the airing of The Haunted Mansion at 8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT. Eddie Murphy stars as a father who brings his family to a haunted house that hides a much darker secret.

Night Three – Tuesday, October 21
The screams ring out when Scariest Places on Earth returns at 10:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT. Host Linda Blair guides viewers as they take a look at some of America’s greatest urban legends and investigates each famous spot.

Night Four – Wednesday, October 22
Say this man’s name three times and you are in for quite a terrifying ride! Beetlejuice wreaks havoc for a married couple at 8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT. The film stars Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis and Winona Ryder.

Night Five – Thursday, October 23
They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysteriously spooky – they’re The Addams Family. In the ABC Family premiere, the eccentric family must deal with an Uncle Fester imposter from 8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT. Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia, Christina Ricci and Christopher Lloyd star. The night concludes with an episode of the fan favorite Scariest Places on Earth (12:00 – 1:00 AM ET/PT), where the Monahan family tackles Vlad the Impaler’s lair in Transylvania.

Night Six – Friday, October 24
The shenanigans of the macabre Addams Family continue with Addams Family Values at 8:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT. This go-round the family must come to their uncle’s rescue when a gold-digger targets him as her new love. Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia, Christina Ricci and Christopher Lloyd star.

Night Seven – Saturday, October 25
The weekend is full of witches, ghosts and the undead and starting it off is Casper Meets Wendy at 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET/PT with the world’s friendliest ghost. The day continues with a cauldron full of spells with the film Teen Witch (1:00 – 3:00 PM ET/PT) about one unpopular high school student who uses her new found powers to get revenge. The eerie fun continues when Hocus Pocus airs at 3:00 – 5:00 PM ET/PT starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy. Follow the Sanderson sisters on their quest for immortal life and the 300 year-old cat that tries to spoil their dastardly plans. Then true love is doomed in Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride (5:00 – 7:00 PM ET/PT) when Victor (voiced by Johnny Depp) finds himself mistakenly married to a corpse bride (voiced by Helena Bonham Carter). The Scooby gang reunites when each member arrives to a mysterious island to investigate strange occurrences in Scooby-Doo (7:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT). The film stars Freddie Prinze Jr., Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard and Linda Cardellini. The mystery fun continues with the airing of Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (9:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT). The Scooby squad is back at it, this time trying to track down a masked villain who wreaks havoc at the Coolsville Museum of Criminology. The evening comes to a screaming halt when six dinner guests are thrown into a murder mystery in Clue (11:00 PM – 1:00 AM ET/PT).

Night Eight – Sunday, October 26
The wicked weekend continues with another day of haunted humor, starting off with a teenager who finds out her past holds a lot of spells and flying broomsticks in Teen Witch at 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET/PT. The day continues as viewers get a double dose of family wackiness with Morticia and Gomez in The Addams Family (1:00 – 3:00 PM ET/PT) and Addams Family Values (3:00 – 5:00 PM ET/PT). Then listen for the deadly wedding bells that are ringing for Victor and his undead bride in Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride (5:00 – 7:00 PM ET/PT). The other-worldly hijinks continue with Beetlejuice at 7:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT. Frightening terrors conclude the evening with the horror classic Poltergeist at 9:00 – 11:30 PM ET/PT. Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams and Heather O’Rourke fight the supernatural spirits that haunt their house.

Night Nine – Monday, October 27
New York City gets the scare of a lifetime when the mother of all lizards attacks the city in Godzilla (8:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT). The film stars Matthew Broderick and Hank Azaria.

Night Ten – Tuesday, October 28

The un-holy hauntings continue at 10:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT with Scariest Places on Earth as they take viewers on a tour of America’s most gruesome institutions, including Moundsville, WV prison and Dixmont, PA mental institution.

Night Eleven – Wednesday, October 29
Hold on to your seat as four lethal ninjas take you on the ride of your life as they fight evil all across the world in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (5:00 – 7:00 PM ET/PT), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (7:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (9:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT).

Night Twelve – Thursday, October 30
All the Scooby snacks in the world won’t be able to help the gang as they track down dastardly culprits in Scooby Doo (7:00 – 9:00 PM ET/PT) and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (9:00 – 11:00 PM ET/PT). The evening comes to a haunting conclusion with an episode of Scariest Places on Earth at 12:00 – 1:00 AM ET/PT where one unlucky family get the unfortunate task to tackle Bathory Castle, home of the infamous Blood Countess.

Night Thirteen – Friday, October 31
The petrifying thrills come to a frightening end on the most haunted night of the year. To celebrate this ominous night, ABC Family will air Poltergeist (7:30 – 10:00 PM ET/PT). The story of one girl’s supernatural connection that brings evil spirits into her family’s house stars Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams and Heather O’Rourke.
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

For showing HSM, I think they are going to air it because the day after the movie airs, the third movie comes to theaters (October 24th) so I guess they want to air special scenes from it and such and this is the only time for it.
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

What a great time for family to copy what disney channel. Wiztober is shit. Thank god i have tapped alot of halloween stuff and am i am able to watch the good stuff i got on tape.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

OK, now that I made fun of the name, let's dissect the lineup for a minute.

Now, why did you underline "Monsters Inc.", PeterPanFan? Its about monsters, its about childhood fear and overcoming them. That's very "Halloween" to me...

"The Muppets Wizard of Oz" isn't that rooted to Halloween. But the original story was filled with wizardry, magic, witches and fantastic creatures. Halloween celebrates these supernatural elements, so it makes sense.

Now "Aladdin"...I think they chose this one because of all the magic elements involved. Not to mention that Jafar is an horrific villain that turns into a snake, then a genie. So in a way, it ties to the celebration of all things evil.

This leads us to the infamous line up of musical DCOMs. I agree that these don't belong at all in the lineup (unless you are those that believe that these teeny boppers are scary and evil :p). But like someone mentioned earlier, October is the month that "High School Musical 3" debuts in theaters. These movies promote the hype of HSM pretty well, so I am thinking that they included them in the Halloween lineup in hopes of further fueling HSM 3 hype (though they should've made it a different event all together).

So the only real issue here is that "Hocus Pocus" and other "worthy" Halloween movies are not featured in the lineup. Its understandable, but nothing worth being angry about.
ImageImageImageImage

wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by wrestling_stat »

Thank you for posting what shows will be shown doing the month of October for both ABC Family and the Disney Channel. Now I can tape them on VHS or DVD. Thank you so much.
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

Disney Channel has gone down the tubes for many years. They don't need to air original channel movies all month long (Aladdin and Monsters INc seem to be the only movies that were IN the theatre at one time).

I am frustrated with the lack of........variety on this channel. And I think Phantom of the Megaplex deserves an airing, as its one movie I actually like.

How about a Halloweentown marathon ON Halloween. Or can they not bare to not air their stupid tween programs.

sorry, ranting there........but its frustrating as heck.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Thomas J
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thomas J »

I'm currently watching Mostly Ghostly on Disney Channel, and I have to say that it is HORRIFIC! The people that CAN act (Kim Rhodes, David DeLuise, Madison Pettis, Brian Stepanik, and Luke Benward) were given some of the worst lines ever, like DeLuise's line "Hey my athletic son!" Everyone else can't act, plus have some of the worst lines I've ever heard too. It's just horrible..

It's been 30 minutes and I'm debating on whether or not to turn it off.
Disney on Broadway: