Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tink (Live-Action)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:14 am 

[quote]Elizabeth Banks to Play Live-Action Tinker Bell

Source: Variety July 15, 2010

Walt Disney Pictures has attached Elizabeth Banks to star in a live-action Tinker Bell movie titled Tink, reports Variety. The romantic comedy will be produced by Adam Shankman, Jennifer Gibgot and McG.

The movie will play with the mischievous nature of Tinker Bell. It was developed by Banks with Max Handelman, who co-runs the actress' production shingle, Brownstone Productions, and Matt Smith of Offspring Entertainment. McG and Mary Viola will produce through their Wonderland Entertainment.

Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, who helped develop the project, along with McG, will write the script.
[/quote]

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67959

Is this Rich Ross's mighty plan? Turning iconic characters into live action/modern day jokes.

I'll try to keep an open mind. :roll: [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:18 am 

The original article from Variety.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802 ... id=13&cs=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 am 
Gold Collection

I love elizabeth banks, though I'm not sure how well this could turn out..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Hmm... I remember years ago this movie was supposed to come out with Paris Hilton in the role of Tinker Bell. It got pulled before it went in production, and I hope this incarnation will as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:29 am 
Super Genius

This is a joke right? ...its not? 'mkay.

I think I'm just about done with Disney's live action department if it continues to crumble down like this. There are only so many craptastic comedies and Jerry Bruckheimer films I can handle in such a short time period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 am 
Limited Edition

What!? We already have the CG series keeping the character new and fresh! What in the name of Sam Hill makes them think that we need this!? And it's a Rom-Com!? What are they smoking!!?? I would rather they extend the DisneyToon series to 10 films rather than produce this garbage.

Whatever this is, it certainly can't be canon. We already have a perfectly good Peter Pan Universe, complete with a detailed Pixie Hollow, and we don't need this nonsense mucking it up.

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:50 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, Elizabeth Banks is a good choice for the role and can play the jealous vixen well (as shown on 30 Rock). If the script is good, it could work. I hated how Tinkerbell was portrayed in the CGI flick, so hopefully, they write her properly this time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:58 am 
Platinum Edition

:( :o :shock: :? :x :cry: :evil: :roll: :down: :angry: :brick: :headshake: :huh: :scratch: :shifty:

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Would it be as bad if we didn't already have all the Tink DTVs? I mean, I have nothing against those (I still haven't seen them), but I mean, why make it Tinker Bell in a live-action romantic comedy? I mean, either try and have a DTV Tinker Bell movie with maybe some of the same themes, or just make a regular, non-Tink romantic comedy...?

And will this be canon? Or will it be pretty much unrelated to the 2 Peter Pan and the Tink movies...?

*edit*

Margos wrote:
Whatever this is, it certainly can't be canon. We already have a perfectly good Peter Pan Universe, complete with a detailed Pixie Hollow, and we don't need this nonsense mucking it up.

Yeah, I read that after I posted, but I agree, in terms of if it's non canon...

It just doesn't seem like a good thing all around...seems pointless. Really, enough with the remakes (or reimaginings). Although I am excited for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but that's not so much a remake, as it is a variation on a short, basically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 am 
Limited Edition

To be honest, I don't think it would be quite as bad. It would still be a disgrace, mind you, but I don't think it would be as bad. Here's why: We are in the middle of a series of films revealing Tinker Bell's story, her life before Peter came to Never Land and turned it upside-down (I guess that's what happened). I have a horrible feeling that, while we're in the middle of one Tink backstory, this new film will be trying to create a whole new one!

(And Ames, you really need to get on seeing them, they are a lot better than you'd think.)

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 am 
Platinum Edition

^ I am planning on seeing them eventually!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:34 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Seriously, I can accept a lot of things that come out of Disney. I can play "ignorance is bliss" with Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. I've come to take the Disney Fairies thing with a pinch of salt. But this new project is really one step too far.

First of all, let's be frank. Who really wants to see every single Disney film done again in live action? Things like Alice in Wonderland and The Sorcerer's Apprentice are different, as they are rather new adaptations/interpretations as opposed to remakes of an earlier Disney product. What I mean are films that intentionally adapt a previously animated incarnation into live-action form (think the live-action 101 Dalmatians, or for non-Disney examples, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Flinstones etc). I know that they may be a big box-office draw (or have the potential to be), but the big numbers are mostly fuelled by curiosity on the part of audiences, and they hardly end up as lasting classics or as critical darlings; couldn't Disney just stick with making money off its current Tinkerbell as opposed to inventing a new one that will only take the spotlight for two years at most?

And there's also the simple question of too many similar projects in the pipeline. In addition to Tink, we've got Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and probably various others all lined up. If anything, isn't there at least a bit too much of the same thing to release within the next three to five years?

Frankly, I'm not quite happy with Rich Ross at all. He never really could be associated with pure gold (Disney Channel, anyone?) and he's not proving to be so much of a good studio head thus far, the smarmy git. I hope that his tenure ends pretty soon, as he should probably work in an accountancy firm, not a movie studio. :roll:

Blog | Deviantart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am 
Limited Edition

Or as pithy critics may call it: "Stink"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

First the good news: Elizabeth Banks. She's awesome. See 30 Rock, she's just awesome.

The bad news: McG... *shudders* worst director working today..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 am 
Limited Edition

:shock:
:?
:?:

I just read this news and I'm not sure what to think of it yet. It hasn't really sunk in yet. I would really hate for them to screw this up, and being that there's not a great director attached to it doesn't give me much, if any, hope.

If they're going to do it, why not do it big? and, for the record....I hate romantic comedies (with but just a few exceptions).

Sigh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:21 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Pardon my french, but you have GOT to be shitting me! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

.........okay is this some sorta sick late april fools joke?? I mean seriously...they are making a Gargoyles movie with no relation to the 90s series and now they want to turn Tinkerbell into a romantic comedy?? I think this was already done by another studio in the 90s...it was called Hook...

What's next....The Lion King the Live action movie....or how about we Turn Winnie the Pooh into a gangster while we're at it....

Good grief....somebody slap This Rich Ross also.....are we sure Rich Ross isn't related to this Ross?

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

disneyboy20022 wrote:
What's next....The Lion King the Live action movie....or how about we Turn Winnie the Pooh into a gangster while we're at it....

Well, actually, I wouldn't mind a recorded version of the Broadway play. Probably not a movie, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

I welcome any opportunity to see Elizabeth Banks on any screen.

:D

albert

ETA: changed "a movie screen" to "any screen" after the picture that tlc38tlc38 posted.

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Last edited by Escapay on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm 
Collector's Edition

If this is gonna happen, I think Elizabeth Banks is the PERFECT choice for this role. Just look at her....she actually looks like Tink in this picture:

In a way, she actually kind of looks like Elizabeth Montgomery, too.

Last edited by tlc38tlc38 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.