DVDizzy.com
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/

Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)
https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22583
Page 6 of 75

Author:  Neal [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 am ]
Post subject: 

Digging it! So excited for Brave, although I feel like after all my experience with animated fairy tales have been musicals, this will feel like an oddity...

Author:  blackcauldron85 [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Uhhh, I don't see a princess or a queen in the letters... :?

Author:  TheSequelOfDisney [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 am ]
Post subject: 

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Uhhh, I don't see a princess or a queen in the letters... :?


They're on the top part of B and E. They're just there faces (unless I'm just making it up, but I'm pretty sure I see them there).

Author:  blackcauldron85 [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 am ]
Post subject: 

^ It's small, but I suppose I see them...thanks! :) *Gasp* They're actually showing that there are main females in this male-sounding movie. :shock:

Author:  Disney's Divinity [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."

Anyway, I think this could end up being my favorite Pixar film they've had--depending. Right now, the Toy Story series and Monsters, Inc. are hard to top. Reese Witherspoon, Emma Thompson, and Julie Walters are all decent to incredible. So the talent at least is a good sign, even if their track record the past few years has been mixed for me. Can't wait to see art/shots in the future.

Author:  jpanimation [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

The logo is awesome, look at the detail:

Image

Image

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2010/09/11/ ... #more-5926

Author:  magicalwands [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Disney's Divinity wrote:
So the talent at least is a good sign, even if their track record the past few years has been mixed for me. Can't wait to see art/shots in the future.


"Their" as in the voice actresses? Or in the art of Pixar?

Author:  Margos [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

OMG! I'm guessing the one with the crown is Elinor and the other one is Merida. Merida is so pretty! I love that little strand of hair over her face! And Elinor looks beautiful, too.

Author:  SillySymphony [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?

Author:  Tristy [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Y'know, since Disney these days seems to have more faith in anything Pixar, Hannah Montana, or Tim Burton-related than their in-house animations, it's probably best not to look to deep into it.

Author:  Disney's Divinity [ Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?
I dunno. :? Maybe that is a possible reason for the change? Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from the Disney princess line by having their title different from the latest addition.

magicalwands wrote:
"Their" as in the voice actresses? Or in the art of Pixar?

I mean Pixar. Ratatouille, Cars, Up, and WALL E have all be disappointments for me. They aren't terrible, but none are as great as some of their earlier films. Ratatouille's the best of the four.

Author:  estefan [ Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Disney's Divinity wrote:
SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?
I dunno. :? Maybe that is a possible reason for the change? Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from the Disney princess line by having their title different from the latest addition.

I thought one of the main reasons for the title change was because they took the bear out of the story.

I think Rapunzel is still in Tangled, though, so that's another story entirely. :P

Author:  Wonderlicious [ Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am ]
Post subject: 

SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?


Possibly, though The Bear and the Bow sounds relatively masculine, and certainly has not nearly as many conotations with pretty princesses as Rapunzel (not that I think that Tangled is necessarily a better title; in any case, the original story of Rapunzel is already well known, and everybody knows that there's a pretty-in-pink heroine in it). I have a feeling they could have changed the title as it seemed more descriptive of the film on the whole (and keeping with the unofficial tradition of having one-word titles at Pixar). I knew at one point the princess in Brave was scheduled for entry to the princess line, though I'm not sure if this'll happen. Either way, I don't like the idea of a Pixar character alongside Snow White, Cinderella etc (not that I like the princess line anyway); though they may still be Disney characters, characters from Pixar films seem out-of-place alongside WDAS characters (and vice-verca).

Author:  Jackoleen [ Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  A Pixar princess movie?

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

A Pixar princess movie? That could be...interesting, in either a good way OR a bad way, so I'll just have to wait and see what Pixar...and Reese Witherspoon decide to do with the story...

I really, really wish that the title was still "The Bear and The Bow". I want to know more about Princess Merida! I hope that she's a redhead with either blue, green, or grey eyes! There's never been a grey-eyed Disney heroine.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:

Author:  toonaspie [ Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 am ]
Post subject: 

I have yet to hear anything about the story of this film involving a bear other than the original title itself. Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe the title changed because the story itself has changed?

Either way I dont consider either title to be all that catchy. But we've let Pixar get away with worse movie title-ing before so I dont think it's going to matter all that much.

Author:  Kyle [ Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Pixar princess movie?

Jackoleen wrote:
Dear Disney Enthusiasts


This user is a bot, a mod needs to step in a ban it.

Author:  Jackoleen [ Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: A Pixar princess movie?

Dear Kyle,

You're kidding AGAIN, right? I mean, seriously, politeness is the hallmark of a troll? I didn't know that...and nobody else has seemed to notice that either...

If everybody else has issues with me, that's okay, but don't bother to call The Troll-Busting Patrol, because I'll magically leave on my own, thanks.
8)


Kyle wrote:
Jackoleen wrote:
Dear Disney Enthusiasts


This user is a bot, a mod needs to step in a ban it.

Author:  SmartAleck25 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok, I know this is Wikipedia and I really shouldn't be trusting its info, but I found something interesting...
Wikipedia wrote:
Premise:

In rugged and mythic Scotland, the impetuous, tangle-haired Mérida (Reese Witherspoon), though a daughter of royalty, would rather make her mark as an archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Mérida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life. Mérida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark ancient curse. Mérida meets a 21-year old prince Jeffrey and the wisecracking, and courageous alligator, Rally.

Voice cast:

Reese Witherspoon as Princess Mérida
Tom Hulce as Prince Jeffrey
Julie Walters as Witch
Billy Connolly as King Fergus
Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor
John Ratzenberger as Rally the Alligator

If the cast is accurate, I have no idea. But about the movie itself, I'm actually having doubts. Yes, Pixar has amazed us time and time again, but I just can't see them doing fairy tales. Then again, I couldn't see them making a movie about an old man who can't let go of the past, but look where we are now. This seems a little too much like PatF to me... (prince, "funny" alligator, rash decisions, etc.) Let's hope Pixar comes through with this...

Author:  pap64 [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

SmartAleck25 wrote:
Ok, I know this is Wikipedia and I really shouldn't be trusting its info, but I found something interesting...
Wikipedia wrote:
Premise:

In rugged and mythic Scotland, the impetuous, tangle-haired Mérida (Reese Witherspoon), though a daughter of royalty, would rather make her mark as an archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Mérida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life. Mérida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark ancient curse. Mérida meets a 21-year old prince Jeffrey and the wisecracking, and courageous alligator, Rally.

Voice cast:

Reese Witherspoon as Princess Mérida
Tom Hulce as Prince Jeffrey
Julie Walters as Witch
Billy Connolly as King Fergus
Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor
John Ratzenberger as Rally the Alligator


If the cast is accurate, I have no idea. But about the movie itself, I'm actually having doubts. Yes, Pixar has amazed us time and time again, but I just can't see them doing fairy tales. Then again, I couldn't see them making a movie about an old man who can't let go of the past, but look where we are now. This seems a little too much like PatF to me... (prince, "funny" alligator, rash decisions, etc.) Let's hope Pixar comes through with this...


In all honesty, I see Pixar doing a BETTER job at creating a fairy tale movie than Disney. Yeah, this may seem like a raging fanboy talking, but as of late Pixar isn't afraid of pushing the story as long as it makes it better. They will explore different angles or experiment with a story to make it work. So if you consider this Brave might actually be better than Princess and the Frog, a movie I feel played it safe at times (they did go far with Ray and his death, but a lot of it felt very familiar).

Plus, Brenda Chapman is directing if I am not mistaken. She was one of the key members in bringing Beauty and the Beast to life, as well as the Prince of Egypt. Both films are dripping with emotional drama that made them great. Pixar has also worked with outside directors before (Brad Bird) so they shouldn't have problems.

I am still cautious as to not let my expectations cloud my judgment, but I doubt this will be terrible. I actually have more doubt towards Cars 2, since the story sounds like a mess.

Author:  singerguy04 [ Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 am ]
Post subject: 

This film has grabbed my attention solely on the fact that the Prince and I have the same name! lol

In all honesty, I do expect Pixar to do well with this film. I just fear that this film's success will be compared to Toy Story 3's. If it doesn't gross as much, then it wasn't good. I feel like Pocahontas kinda gets that discrimination. It did very well, but not as well as The Lion King (or Toy Story for that matter).

Page 6 of 75 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/