DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 75  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 1550
Digging it! So excited for Brave, although I feel like after all my experience with animated fairy tales have been musicals, this will feel like an oddity...

_________________
Visit Animation Activist to discover excellent foreign, older, cult, underrated, and obscure animated films you may never have heard of before! There is life beyond Disney!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 12638
Uhhh, I don't see a princess or a queen in the letters... :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 pm
Posts: 5202
Location: Ohio, United States of America
blackcauldron85 wrote:
Uhhh, I don't see a princess or a queen in the letters... :?


They're on the top part of B and E. They're just there faces (unless I'm just making it up, but I'm pretty sure I see them there).

_________________
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:09 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 12638
^ It's small, but I suppose I see them...thanks! :) *Gasp* They're actually showing that there are main females in this male-sounding movie. :shock:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:39 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 11238
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."

Anyway, I think this could end up being my favorite Pixar film they've had--depending. Right now, the Toy Story series and Monsters, Inc. are hard to top. Reese Witherspoon, Emma Thompson, and Julie Walters are all decent to incredible. So the talent at least is a good sign, even if their track record the past few years has been mixed for me. Can't wait to see art/shots in the future.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
TLM ~ "Part of Your World" & Reprise & Choral Ending
TLM ~ "Intro Ursula" / "Poor Unfortunate Souls" / "Ursula's Defeat"
TLM ~ "Under the Sea"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:00 am
Posts: 1841
The logo is awesome, look at the detail:

Image

Image

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2010/09/11/ ... #more-5926

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:01 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:24 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Gusteau's Restaurant
Disney's Divinity wrote:
So the talent at least is a good sign, even if their track record the past few years has been mixed for me. Can't wait to see art/shots in the future.


"Their" as in the voice actresses? Or in the art of Pixar?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:04 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:12 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: A small suburban/rural town in PA
OMG! I'm guessing the one with the crown is Elinor and the other one is Merida. Merida is so pretty! I love that little strand of hair over her face! And Elinor looks beautiful, too.

_________________
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 am
Posts: 454
Location: Alaska
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?

_________________
Image
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 817
Y'know, since Disney these days seems to have more faith in anything Pixar, Hannah Montana, or Tim Burton-related than their in-house animations, it's probably best not to look to deep into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:26 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 11238
SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?
I dunno. :? Maybe that is a possible reason for the change? Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from the Disney princess line by having their title different from the latest addition.

magicalwands wrote:
"Their" as in the voice actresses? Or in the art of Pixar?

I mean Pixar. Ratatouille, Cars, Up, and WALL E have all be disappointments for me. They aren't terrible, but none are as great as some of their earlier films. Ratatouille's the best of the four.

_________________
Image
Listening to most often lately:
TLM ~ "Part of Your World" & Reprise & Choral Ending
TLM ~ "Intro Ursula" / "Poor Unfortunate Souls" / "Ursula's Defeat"
TLM ~ "Under the Sea"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 2673
Disney's Divinity wrote:
SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?
I dunno. :? Maybe that is a possible reason for the change? Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from the Disney princess line by having their title different from the latest addition.

I thought one of the main reasons for the title change was because they took the bear out of the story.

I think Rapunzel is still in Tangled, though, so that's another story entirely. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 4646
Location: UK
SillySymphony wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
The "Brave" title's wearing on me, but I still prefer "The Bear and the Bow."


Pardon me if this has been discussed, but to you think The Princess and the Frog had an effect on the name change?


Possibly, though The Bear and the Bow sounds relatively masculine, and certainly has not nearly as many conotations with pretty princesses as Rapunzel (not that I think that Tangled is necessarily a better title; in any case, the original story of Rapunzel is already well known, and everybody knows that there's a pretty-in-pink heroine in it). I have a feeling they could have changed the title as it seemed more descriptive of the film on the whole (and keeping with the unofficial tradition of having one-word titles at Pixar). I knew at one point the princess in Brave was scheduled for entry to the princess line, though I'm not sure if this'll happen. Either way, I don't like the idea of a Pixar character alongside Snow White, Cinderella etc (not that I like the princess line anyway); though they may still be Disney characters, characters from Pixar films seem out-of-place alongside WDAS characters (and vice-verca).

_________________
-Joe

Blog | Deviantart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: A Pixar princess movie?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:24 pm 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:01 am
Posts: 296
Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

A Pixar princess movie? That could be...interesting, in either a good way OR a bad way, so I'll just have to wait and see what Pixar...and Reese Witherspoon decide to do with the story...

I really, really wish that the title was still "The Bear and The Bow". I want to know more about Princess Merida! I hope that she's a redhead with either blue, green, or grey eyes! There's never been a grey-eyed Disney heroine.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:idea:

_________________
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:17 am
Posts: 1438
I have yet to hear anything about the story of this film involving a bear other than the original title itself. Has anyone considered the possibility that maybe the title changed because the story itself has changed?

Either way I dont consider either title to be all that catchy. But we've let Pixar get away with worse movie title-ing before so I dont think it's going to matter all that much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 2981
Jackoleen wrote:
Dear Disney Enthusiasts


This user is a bot, a mod needs to step in a ban it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 am 
Offline
In The Vaults
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:01 am
Posts: 296
Dear Kyle,

You're kidding AGAIN, right? I mean, seriously, politeness is the hallmark of a troll? I didn't know that...and nobody else has seemed to notice that either...

If everybody else has issues with me, that's okay, but don't bother to call The Troll-Busting Patrol, because I'll magically leave on my own, thanks.
8)


Kyle wrote:
Jackoleen wrote:
Dear Disney Enthusiasts


This user is a bot, a mod needs to step in a ban it.

_________________
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:02 pm
Posts: 671
Location: The U.S.
Ok, I know this is Wikipedia and I really shouldn't be trusting its info, but I found something interesting...
Wikipedia wrote:
Premise:

In rugged and mythic Scotland, the impetuous, tangle-haired Mérida (Reese Witherspoon), though a daughter of royalty, would rather make her mark as an archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Mérida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life. Mérida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark ancient curse. Mérida meets a 21-year old prince Jeffrey and the wisecracking, and courageous alligator, Rally.

Voice cast:

Reese Witherspoon as Princess Mérida
Tom Hulce as Prince Jeffrey
Julie Walters as Witch
Billy Connolly as King Fergus
Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor
John Ratzenberger as Rally the Alligator

If the cast is accurate, I have no idea. But about the movie itself, I'm actually having doubts. Yes, Pixar has amazed us time and time again, but I just can't see them doing fairy tales. Then again, I couldn't see them making a movie about an old man who can't let go of the past, but look where we are now. This seems a little too much like PatF to me... (prince, "funny" alligator, rash decisions, etc.) Let's hope Pixar comes through with this...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:30 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 3535
Location: Puerto Rico
SmartAleck25 wrote:
Ok, I know this is Wikipedia and I really shouldn't be trusting its info, but I found something interesting...
Wikipedia wrote:
Premise:

In rugged and mythic Scotland, the impetuous, tangle-haired Mérida (Reese Witherspoon), though a daughter of royalty, would rather make her mark as an archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Mérida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life. Mérida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark ancient curse. Mérida meets a 21-year old prince Jeffrey and the wisecracking, and courageous alligator, Rally.

Voice cast:

Reese Witherspoon as Princess Mérida
Tom Hulce as Prince Jeffrey
Julie Walters as Witch
Billy Connolly as King Fergus
Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor
John Ratzenberger as Rally the Alligator


If the cast is accurate, I have no idea. But about the movie itself, I'm actually having doubts. Yes, Pixar has amazed us time and time again, but I just can't see them doing fairy tales. Then again, I couldn't see them making a movie about an old man who can't let go of the past, but look where we are now. This seems a little too much like PatF to me... (prince, "funny" alligator, rash decisions, etc.) Let's hope Pixar comes through with this...


In all honesty, I see Pixar doing a BETTER job at creating a fairy tale movie than Disney. Yeah, this may seem like a raging fanboy talking, but as of late Pixar isn't afraid of pushing the story as long as it makes it better. They will explore different angles or experiment with a story to make it work. So if you consider this Brave might actually be better than Princess and the Frog, a movie I feel played it safe at times (they did go far with Ray and his death, but a lot of it felt very familiar).

Plus, Brenda Chapman is directing if I am not mistaken. She was one of the key members in bringing Beauty and the Beast to life, as well as the Prince of Egypt. Both films are dripping with emotional drama that made them great. Pixar has also worked with outside directors before (Brad Bird) so they shouldn't have problems.

I am still cautious as to not let my expectations cloud my judgment, but I doubt this will be terrible. I actually have more doubt towards Cars 2, since the story sounds like a mess.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:40 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: The Land of Lincoln
This film has grabbed my attention solely on the fact that the Prince and I have the same name! lol

In all honesty, I do expect Pixar to do well with this film. I just fear that this film's success will be compared to Toy Story 3's. If it doesn't gross as much, then it wasn't good. I feel like Pocahontas kinda gets that discrimination. It did very well, but not as well as The Lion King (or Toy Story for that matter).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 75  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group