Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

SWillie! wrote:Also, I'm surprised no one has said anything about the Lion King 3D preview??
I never got one. :cry:
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Kyle wrote:
SWillie! wrote:ARRRGGGHHHHHH.

Must.... waittt....... to see... the real deal.
This.Image
This! AHHHHHHHH! It was good! Maybe the curse of the kingdom starts when she kills the bear??? And the bear COULD be the Prince like BATB and PATF? STUPID SUMMER 2012! :x :x :x

And I really like the animation of Merida's eyes! The way how her eyes turned around to see the bear is amazing!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Wow, that trailer was pretty awesome. I'm actually quite excited for Brave and I'm looking forward to seeing it, even though I probably won't see it in theaters. And I think Merida looks fine; I don't see anything to complain about.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

estefan wrote:
SWillie! wrote:Also, I'm surprised no one has said anything about the Lion King 3D preview??
I never got one. :cry:
I hope I get one......I'm looking forward to it..well I won't get my hopes up about it....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Not a fan of the face. :o Love the hair! :D
Like a ginger Diana Ross! :P
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

It looks absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. It has a very high classic Disney feel to it and I for one ADORE the character designs. Absolutely gorgeous work...
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Regarding the 'bootleg' teaser trailer for Brave:
It’s also worth noting that one Pixar animator has noted on Twitter that it will not be available online officially, so this may be your only opportunity for those that don’t wish to see Cars 2.
Source: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-bra ... ube-16699/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

*Sigh* I know this has been overused but since Doug Walker hated the first Cars movie, this reaction would be appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOxt9PoJNkg
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

ugghhhh, why the heck not? Are they that embarrassed about it?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Kyle wrote:ugghhhh, why the heck not? Are they that embarrassed about it?
Yeah, seriously!
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

ajmrowland wrote:I caved and watched. The guy obviously never heard of the row in front of him, but anyway that Trailer.......I may just have to watch it again before I can comprehend the awesomeness that's been claimed for it.
I'm pretty sure the guy sat where he did in order to hide the fact that was committing piracy. :lol:

But anyway, the trailer looks awesome.

And for those complaining about how Merida looks: I'm certain that Pixar intended to go for the "plain but cute" look for her in order to stand out from the Disney princesses. It indeed does seem like something Pixar would do. 8) I just hope the rest of the film is just as good and more as the trailer.
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

toonaspie wrote: And for those complaining about how Merida looks: I'm certain that Pixar intended to go for the "plain but cute" look for her in order to stand out from the Disney princesses. It indeed does seem like something Pixar would do.
I actually don't mind if she looks plain, but there is something about her face I don't care for. Maybe her face reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Kid? :?

But that's just my opinion. :)
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
RIPJoeRanft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RIPJoeRanft »

Tristy wrote:DAMN!!!! Even in the poor quality, I have a sense of its epic awesomeness. If anything, this teaser is already a break in tradition from what we expect from Pixar. Remember the teasers for Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo and Ratatouille that had two characters arguing with each other trying to set facts straight? Or how about the Incredibles where Mr. Incredible tries to get his belt on right? Those were all humor-focused and didn't really give us a sense of the atmosphere that we were going to be getting or any real mystery which makes sense since they're all comedies. But this is so dark and mysterious that it makes you wonder what it is that's really happening.
That's a good point. I don't think Pixar has really had a trailer like this, mysterious and epic in scale. It seems much more like a Disney Animation trailer. Really excited for Brave, and I'm anticipating/hoping for good things from this one. The look of Merida in the teaser was better than in the still released, she looks much more natural and normal...I also like her frizzy red hair, and can't recall a heroine who looked quite like this one.

Don't see many similarities with Brother Bear...besides the obvious one being the bear.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

RIPJoeRanft wrote: Don't see many similarities with Brother Bear...besides the obvious one being the bear.
To be honest, the bear is more like the one in The Fox and the Hound.
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Or at least looks like a mid to late 90s Disney animation trailer like the teasers for Pocahontas, Mulan and Tarzan.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

Animalia wrote:
toonaspie wrote: And for those complaining about how Merida looks: I'm certain that Pixar intended to go for the "plain but cute" look for her in order to stand out from the Disney princesses. It indeed does seem like something Pixar would do.
I actually don't mind if she looks plain, but there is something about her face I don't care for. Maybe her face reminds me of a Cabbage Patch Kid? :?

But that's just my opinion. :)
I really love the look of her face. I got chills every time the camera showed it in the trailer (even in such low quality!).

I'm super excited for this movie. I tend to not like Pixar movies, specifically those with human characters.. for some reason I never liked their design.. or didn't really feel as much for the character as I think I should have. I used to think this was some issue I had with CGI, until Tangled came along (which I love.. ridiculously so) and I realized that it must have something to do with the design or development of most Pixar characters. But this trailer.. man. I really think this will be my favorite Pixar movie, and possibly up there with DACs. My only worry is how high expectations I have for it now. I also need to keep myself from not reading spoilers; I'm still upset I read the graphic novel of Tangled before the movie.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That trailer was pretty nice. I guess that whole explanation "there aren't bears in that area" explanation for the name change from TB&tB doesn't make much sense now. :P

The only thing that disturbs me is all the "It feels like Disney!" reactions--and that's supposed to be a good thing. :lol: To me, it feels like a Pixar film...only with a somewhat Disney-ish story? I really hope the bear isn't a prince--although I wouldn't mind if it was a person. Just not a prince. Eh.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

So excited for this - I feel a certain magic emanating from all the images/teaser material I haven't felt for an animated movie in some time.