Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

UmbrellaFish wrote:
estefan wrote:It's also been reported that Kelly McDonald will be replacing Reese Witherspoon in the lead role. I'm sure Witherspoon can do the accent fine, but I like that they've gone with an actual Scot.
I'm not really familiar with this Kelly MacDonald, but anyone's better than Witherspoon.
She played in Trainspotting, No Country For Old Men and in the HBO series Boardwalk Empire.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

The artwork looks amazing, very different to anything Pixar have done before. I didn't have any particular problem with Reese Witherspoon but in hindsight it does make sense to have a Scottish actress voice a Scottish character and I think Kelly McDonald is a brilliant actress.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

That's beautiful art for what is sure to be a beautiful film very different for Pixar! :D
bulgaross

Post by bulgaross »

Image[/img]
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

For larger, hi-res versions of all four concept art images, click here:
http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/3 ... xars-brave
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New Leaked 'Brave' Concept Art:

I've found the image on this Spanish blog:
http://princessdisney-princesasdisney.b ... brave.html
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Wow, the concept art looks awesome! :o Thanks for posting!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Wow, the concept art looks awesome! :o Thanks for posting!
No problem! :wink:
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Ooh! That looks wonderful! I want more!
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

To be honest, the artworks so far has done nothing for me. maybe that'll change once I see the actual character models and such. but she reminds me of carrot top at the moment.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I feel like jerk saying this, but having seen some of this film's concept art, as well as Toy Story 3's, I feel a little underwhelmed. Toy Story 3 is the problem really. All the art I came across seemed to be digital paintings - which possess a unique aesthetic ... which I do not like.

I doubt the annoying effect is simply due to the fact that the paintings are digital. I think if the artists wanted to make a digital painting look traditional, they could. So I just have a problem with the chosen style.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

^I didn't notice it til you mentioned it. I kinda agree with you now!
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

bulgaross wrote:Image[/img]
Thanks for posting. The face on the girl looks very Pixar-like.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Julian Carter wrote:I feel like jerk saying this, but having seen some of this film's concept art, as well as Toy Story 3's, I feel a little underwhelmed. Toy Story 3 is the problem really. All the art I came across seemed to be digital paintings - which possess a unique aesthetic ... which I do not like.

I doubt the annoying effect is simply due to the fact that the paintings are digital. I think if the artists wanted to make a digital painting look traditional, they could. So I just have a problem with the chosen style.
Only, that's the way these paintings have been done since Ratatouille.

They're still beautiful, and I love them, but I dont think technology has entirely caught up here.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

While digital art typically has a certain look to it, I can guarantee there's plenty of digital art out there that would be confused for traditional . . . after all, a stylus is just another tool like a pencil or paintbrush. But anyway, the preproduction art is supposed to capture feeling, atmosphere, and story; the medium itself isn't important since it's merely supposed to inspire the eventual final product . . . product which will be CG.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Julian Carter wrote:I feel like jerk saying this, but having seen some of this film's concept art, as well as Toy Story 3's, I feel a little underwhelmed. Toy Story 3 is the problem really. All the art I came across seemed to be digital paintings - which possess a unique aesthetic ... which I do not like.

Do you like the art from recent Disney movies? Tangled, PatF, Bolt... all the concept art from those movies was digital. Or certainly the vast majority of it. (Except character sketches of course)
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

A thought just occurred to me. Will this be the first Pixar feature to not have the Pizza Planet truck, considering it's set many years before the invention of the automobile. I guess they could turn it into a horse and buggy, but did they have pizza in Scotland when Brave is set?
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

:lol:

Yeah I don't see the pizza planet truck making an appearance. And I kinda want them to let that running gag rest now. It's been fun, but it's time to move on. Knowing Pixar though, they'll cram it in there.

Maybe they should just give it a speaking role in Cars 3.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

It will be some sort of tomato flatbread cart in a market!
Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Well since we're talking about Pixar's trademarks, who wants to bet that John Ratzenberger doing a thick Scottish accent? That I have got to hear!