Pixar's Brave (formerly The Bear and the Bow)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

I have heard of another upcoming Disney movie called The King of the Elves, it sounds like a fairytale and it's based on an exsisting novel.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

^I don't think that story has a princess in it though. But I haven't read it yet. Maybe someone more learned can inform us :)

I think it's closer to the fantasy genre rather than the fairytale niche.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Re: The Bear and the Bow

Post by Ariel'sprince »

That Disney 2007 guide said that only animated Giselle is there but to promote Enchanted,she's like Pocahontas and Mulan.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Maybe if we keep saying Giselle is part of the Disney Princess line over and over again, it will make it so.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Get Golden, Jack! wrote:Maybe if we keep saying Giselle is part of the Disney Princess line over and over again, it will make it so.

Blanche: It's not just a full moon, Dorothy. It's a leap year's full moon! All your dreams can happen if you just believe. All you have to do is believe!

Dorothy [clapping]: Oh, I do believe! I do believe in sluts!

"A Midwinter Night's Dream" - Season 7, Episodes 19&20

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Love that episode... :lol:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

:lol:

My favorite is from Season Two, when Dorothy and Rose entered a songwriting contest about Miami, and they're trying out different songs throughout the episode (with the other story being Blanche not liking that Big Daddy's new wife is younger than her). It's perhaps the only time I've ever seen the word "interuterine" used in a song...

Dorothy: "Miami is nice/So I'll say it twice/Miami is nice/Miami is nice/Miami is..." W-, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! You put in an extra "Miami is nice"!
Rose: I had to. It hurts the music if you don't put it in.
Dorothy: Yeah, but the lyrics don't make any sense! I mean, it goes, "Miami is nice/So I'll say it twice."
Rose: Oh, I see your point. Well, what about this: "Miami is nice/So I'll say it thrice!"
Dorothy: "Thrice"?! Who the hell says "thrice"?!
Rose: It's a word!
Dorothy: So is "interuterine". It does not belong in a song.
Rose: "Miami, you're cuter than, an interuterine..."

rotfl

Albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Aw, quoting "The Golden Girls" just elevated this conversation to a much higher level.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Escapay, I've seen very few episodes of The Golden Girls, but that's one of the select few I've seen and I couldn't stop laughing when I watched it! :lol:
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Elevate Some More, Jack! wrote:Aw, quoting "The Golden Girls" just elevated this conversation to a much higher level.
:D!
Panfan wrote:Escapay, I've seen very few episodes of The Golden Girls, but that's one of the select few I've seen and I couldn't stop laughing when I watched it! :lol:
Double :D!

I wholly recommend getting the DVDs! The first few seasons have had some price drops (well, at least at Target) and are $19.99 each!

(of course, I still need to finish my collection and get Seasons 6 and 7, the Intimate Portrait DVD, and a replacement disc for Season 1 Disc 2)
Albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
veu
Limited Issue

Post by veu »

Here concept art about King Fergus, Queen Elinor, three littles twins brothers and Princess Merida!
Merida is the girl with the bow!
Wow! Another Princess with red hair!!!

Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

It's only concept art and the final product is never gonna look like this, but I like what I see. It seems very classical fairy-tale-ish and I hope they are gonna keep the medieval look and not try to make the medieval look modern.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

^and taking into account the 3D-ness kinda gives a modern feel, as seen in the Shrek movies.
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love the design of the characters in 2D form and wish that they would be animated this way. There's something about their design that reminds me a lot of Chuck Jones's art style, like in the Jungle Book animation specials.
-Tim
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I"m sure that the final desgins will be different.
She looks Ariel (Another one that looks like Ariel?),Giselle and Jasmine.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 5b0c834792
(via disneyreport.com)

With his Pixar cap firmly on, the creative toonmeister also revealed the voices of Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson and Julie Walters will ring out alongside Reece Witherspoon in the studio's "first fairytale" outing. Set in Scotland, "The Bear and The Bow" features a feisty princess and is "more about girl power" than princes and such, Lasseter said.
(Of course, they meant "Reese", not "Reece".)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Not really any spoilers, but I guess if you want to know nothing about the movie, then don't read. Basically just tells us info on characters.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnoth ... tml#cutid1

And lastly they saw concept art for The Bear and the Bow:

It's Pixar's first real attempt at a leading female character (and a female director in Brenda Chapman), and focuses on Merida (Reese Witherspoon), a princess in 10th century Scotland. She's something of a wild girl who's most at home in the Highlands rather than in the family castle, and is somewhat alienated from her family: King Fergus (Billy Connolly), Queen Eleanor (Emma Thompson) and her much younger triplet brothers. We don't know many details of the plot, except that it's less about finding a prince and more about Merida's relationship with her mother (Yay!), but we do know that there will be a baddie, who's a witch (she prefers "Wise Woman") and is voiced by Julie Walters. Only concept art for that one, but gorgeous concept art.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Speculation: Disney/Pixar to Officially Re-title ‘The Bear and the Bow’ as ‘Brave
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... bow-brave/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Let the criticism begin. :P

Seriously though, why? Despite what people here have said about the Rapunzel name change, The Bear and the Bow doesn't sound girlish. It sound exciting, and adventurous! Maybe it sounded too close to TPaTF?
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Oops, double post!
Last edited by SmartAleck25 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.