Muppet Babies (1984)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Muppet Babies (1984)

Post by jamminjake245 »

Since Disney is now releasing animated programs on DVD (Ducktales, Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, etc) do you think Muppet Babies will come to DVD since Disney owns it now after the exclusive Disney and Henson deal?
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

It's very possible. I do know that about three or four Muppet Baby dolls each come with one episode of the show on DVD. I'd like to see Disney release this. This was, appropriately enough, my first introduction to the Muppets as a little kid, so I have fond memories of this show.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I'd say "Muppet Babies" on Disney DVD is a question of "when," not "if." I'm hoping they don't wait until they after done with "The Muppet Show." They seem very intent on really making use of their newfound Muppets property, which is great for fans when it comes to things like this show.

I'm also really, really hoping for "Muppets Tonight." I think it has a pretty good chance of being released as well, but I'm not as confident about it as I am about "Muppet Babies." If they do release it, I think it probably won't be until they are done with "The Muppet Show," as they are similar series. All the more reason to want these season sets ASAP. :twisted:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I remember watching Muppets Babies as a kid and thought it was silly.
I don't know if I'll buy them if they are release on DVD.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

I was considering buying it for the memories, but then I found out that it went for 7 seasons! :shock: :shock:
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

SofaKing381222 Wrote:
I was considering buying it for the memories, but then I found out that it went for 7 seasons! :shock: :shock:
Wow 7 season CBS was milking that show.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I barely remember anything about the show. I know I watched it alot when I was little though.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

As much as I love the muppets I have to agree with MMP that this show was silly. A bit kidyish for me. I rather see Muppets Tonight on DVD.
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

I would love to have muppet babies . I would love it if it got released to dvd i would so buy it i m a cartoon fanatic well atleast for the old good ones :)
Edge
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edge »

Actually it was on for 8, i know some sites have it listed till 1991 but it was actually 1992. They seem to be off with their cartoons, they have Garfield listed till 94 when it was 95 actually.

Anyways i'd love to see the show, if for nothing else than to watch them with my kids. i believe it is a very well done show. i actually have some episodes on DVD (got em with the dolls for my niece) and the show holds up extremely well.

The main question will be getting the movie rights to the various clips it used. But i would buy it in a heart beat.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I loved the Muppet Babies! :oops:
They were soo adorable! I wish they showed them on TV still...
It'd be nice if a boxset came out. Bring back some memories! :)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

this little cartoon was one of my favourites when I was a kid....
I would looooooove to have this on dvd, but I´m afraid it would be kinda hard for disney to release it, cause all the rights they have to get, this show had several clips and tunes from famous movies and shows, I remember a whole episode dedicated to star wars, for example...
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

I'm the editor of Muppet Babies at tv.com and the episode list is correct. Also if Disney were to release it they would probably do it with 26 episodes a set like the up-coming release of Gargoyles. So it would be about 4 boxsets. I would do anything for Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I'm guessing I would buy it since it was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. I loved many shows growing up in the 80's but for Saturday mornings this was one of a handful of shows I would never absolutely miss.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Edge
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edge »

As a child of the 80's I remember watching the show EVERY week. Heck I'm almost 23 years old and I'd still sit down and watch it if i could, i think that highly of it.

Goodness knows me mother couldn't get me up for school during the week but saturday morning i had an internal alarm that would wake me up at 7:45 on the dot. To this day i don't know how i did it.

I'd make myself a little breakfast and sit down in front of that tv and watch the show. CBS had a heck of a lineup in those days. At various points you had MB, Garfield, Pee Wee's Playhouse and Ninja Turtles. In fact at one point (maybe about a year, before Pee Wee got in trouble) I believe they were all on at the same time.

Great show. Saturday morning cartoons in the 80's were at their apex.

BTW Jammin good to see you here, the crowd here is generally just a little more receptive to MB than Muppet Central. They are purists on the subject.
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Yeah, I know! lol
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I was wondering about the deal Disney got with the muppets. It seems that in the past, whenever Muppets change studios, some movies remain exclusive to that company. "The Muppets Take Manhattan" was Sony I believe and when Disney got Muppet rights in the 90's, they never released it. Then when the Muppets transfered back to Sony, Disney still owned "Muppet's Christmas Carol" and "Muppets Treasure Island." Then Sony made "Muppets In Space" and that doesn't seem to be transfering over to Disney either. I'm just curious why all these other Muppet properties that Disney had nothing to do with originally ("The Muppet Show," "The Muppet Movie," "the Great Muppet Caper," and "Muppet Babies") get bought in the rights, but not "Manhattan" and "Space."
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Well Disney never bought Henson in the 90's. There were going to, but then Jim died so they never did. However, in 2004 Jim's dream came true.:)
LiMulan
Limited Issue

Post by LiMulan »

I remember the muppet babies :) it used to be my favorite show when i was a little kid
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

Same here. Alls I have now is 15 episodes (4 from dolls) 11 from bootleg.