DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:54 am 
Platinum Edition

‘Beauty And The Beast’ Tops Domestic Box Office During 18th Weekend Of Big Exhibition Pandemic Shutdown
https://deadline.com/2020/07/beauty-and ... 202990381/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:19 pm 
Platinum Edition

Wow. And this is after the public has already seen the film. I guess the film is actually liked by more people than I expected. But maybe I've let the rancor of this forum give me a false impression on this topic. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:25 am 
Platinum Edition

Did Disney reissue this to theaters or digital? Either way, well done. I have to now admit, people really do like this film and it is fairly good. I mean, I do also like this film.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

The directors of the original talk about the remake.

Quote:
“I have mixed feelings about the live-action remakes. On one hand, it’s great to have been involved in movies that have had so much longevity and have created so much affection for them in the audience that they’d be excited to see a new adaptation of the movie,” Wise said, diplomatically, before continuing. “But also, it’s like...go watch the old one.” Trousdale was more direct. “My completely objective and non-varnished opinion is that the animated ones are better anyway,” Trousdale said. “And that’s just me.” Wise then chimed in: “It’s not just you.” [...]

“I didn’t get a red cent from the new Beauty and the Beast,” Wise said. “No, there was no financial to it. And the fact that we got credit was a surprise to me,” Trousdale confirmed. Wise exclaimed: “Me too! Thanks!” Trousdale then explained how he even found out that they would be receiving credit. “I got invited to the premiere at the El Capitan, which was a surprise. I know Don Hahn [who produced the original Beauty and the Beast] pulled strings to make that happen,” Trousdale said. “And I’m sitting there with my girlfriend and the credits went by was like ‘Holy crap there I am!’” Again, he thanks Hahn: “Don worked his magic with that as well.”
Source: https://collider.com/disney-live-action ... -creators/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:18 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

So much for giving the original team the respect they deserve. So now we had Trousdale and Wise, Woolverton and Lansbury bashing this travesty of a film. Who's next? I'm sure Don Hahn wasn't thrilled as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:53 am 
Platinum Edition

It's disappointing they didn't get paid for anything and felt even being credited was unlikely. I wonder if that would happen with re-makes of live-action films or is that only something that's been happening with these re-makes of animated films? The fact that the original is better is the case for most film re-makes, not just Disney. The re-makes to Poltergeist, Carrie, etc. all pale in comparison. Re-making things for money is just the way of the world. *shrug*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106