DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 106  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:26 pm 
Collector's Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
I would rather them make a movie out of the Broadway Edition. I never saw it on Broadway and I think many more might turn out for that in my opinion

Even a DVD of a recorded Broadway show could be a decent seller. Obviously release it when the show is coming to the end of it's run. It's not as much as a theatre ticket but it would probably get more people interested in going in the first place.

I just don't know what Disney are up too anymore. We don't need remakes.
How about some original live action films?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:41 pm 
Platinum Edition

Musical Master wrote:
nomad2010 wrote:
This could actually be huge news. If Bill Condon is directing... That means it's probably 99% certain it will be an adaptation of the musical. Condon directed Dreamgirls... There's no way I see them bringing him on to direct a non-musical adaptation.

Condon directed the last two Twilight movies and those didn't have songs.

Even so, the guy must have *some* talent. He's not the first Twilight director to have done better things in his career.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:53 pm 
Limited Edition

ajmrowland wrote:
He's not the first Twilight director to have done better things in his career.

All of them did. With the exeption of Catherine, I believe all of them were only interested in the paycheck when they did those silly films.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

:facepalm: Really, Disney?!

Wow. Just. Wow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:47 pm 
Limited Edition

Funny. I thought most people wanted 'Maleficent' to be a live action remake of 'Sleeping Beauty'... And now we get reactions like these... I guess you haven't heard the latest news about 'Cinderella'...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Because Alice in Wonderland felt more like an unofficial sequel (IMO) and Maleficent is more of a different perspective on the Sleeping Beauty story. This sounds like a straight-up rehash. And I thought Disney was above remakes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 pm 
Limited Edition

I don't see it as a remake. I see it as a film adaptation of the Broadway musical. Also, the new French film is not a remake. It is a film adaptation of the fairy tale. I think the word "remake" gets misused.

I think Disney should do a live production of the Broadway show on ABC, similar to NBC's The Sound of Music Live last year and NBC's Peter Pan Live this year. That would be the smart thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:46 pm 
Limited Edition

tsom wrote:
I don't see it as a remake. I see it as a film adaptation of the Broadway musical. Also, the new French film is not a remake. It is a film adaptation of the fairy tale. I think the word "remake" gets misused.

I think Disney should do a live production of the Broadway show on ABC, similar to NBC's The Sound of Music Live last year and NBC's Peter Pan Live this year. That would be the smart thing to do.

If it is a film adaptation of the Broadway version, then how come that they have a different writer? (Linda Woolverton did the book for the musical version)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:26 pm 
Limited Edition

I would love to see a live action adaption of Beauty and the Beast Disney style, either as a musical or as non-musical. I would feel the same way regarding The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan and Tarzan.

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 pm 
Collector's Edition

tsom wrote:

My bad. But the point still stands: two films based on the same fairytale in close proximity is a bit problematic. Imagine if Snow White had two adaptions released in the same year OH WAIT. :lol:

(Although I doubt the French adaption will ever make it to the US. Heck, I agree with Grace from Beyond the Trailer, in that US audiences don't like theatrical releases to have subtitles. Shame, you can learn languages faster that way.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

Is the original Disney animated classic not perfect enough for it not to need a remake? I thought it was.

So is this still "The Beast"? If so, then it must be an alternate take on the fairy tale, not a remake of the Disney animated film or a filming of Broadway show.

I most would want a "remake" but really just a filmed version of The Broadway show.

Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:02 pm 
Limited Edition

I wanna see this. I always liked the Baroque/Roccoco style of these films. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 pm 
Platinum Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:

You can find Baroque and Rococco in Disney's animated Cinderella, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:10 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
thedisneyspirit wrote:

You can find Baroque and Rococco in Disney's animated Cinderella, too.

I always thought Disney's Cinderella took place in between the 18 and 19 centuries.

But yeah, I do like that film as well. :up:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 pm 
Platinum Edition

Most of Cinderella's costumes are from the 1800's, but the women's skirts, bustles, chokers and hair evoke the very late 1600's-1700's as well as the 1800's (somehow those fashion details look very similar from different parts of those centuries), and the architecture also evokes the late 1600's-1700's, as in Baroque and Rococo. But you are right, Beauty and the Beast remains more firmly in the Baroque and Rococo 1700's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm 
Gold Collection

Quote:
With the recent release of “Maleficent,” which grossed more than $170 million worldwide in its opening weekend, Disney is working fast on its next live-action fairytale adaptation.

Bill Condon is set to direct a live-action version of “Beauty and the Beast” for the Disney.

Evan Spiliotopoulos is writing the script with Mandeville Films producing.

The plot details are unknown at this time.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/bill- ... 201151834/

At this point, can't say this is a surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 pm 
Platinum Edition

Yeah, I'm just going to ride this fairytale high, regardless of whether all the films coming out are good or not. I wonder who'll be cast in this. I could see Anne Hathaway as a good Belle, but she's so unpopular right now that I'd rather she not mar a live-action version.

This is a live-action version of the Disney film, right? Or just a live-action version of the tale? I could've sworn there was another thread about a live-action B&tB.

Aida OBC ~ "Written in the Stars"
Aida OBC ~ "I Know the Truth"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 pm 
Special Edition

I'm not sure, how I feel about this. Beauty and The Beast is in my Top 5 Greatest Disney Films of All-Time list and there isn't much more that could be done with this story and I just don't think, the Beast will look as cool in a live-action film. Same goes for Lumiere, Cogsworth, and Mrs. Potts. Also, at least Maleficent and, OZ brought something new to the story and Cinderella, while that seems to be more of a straight remake is making some changes but I just can't get excited about this. I mean, it's weird I love the original Cinderella and I'm eagerly awaiting the live action film but Beauty and The Beast is a film, I feel that doesn't need to be retold as it's perfect as it is.

Favorite Princesses, 1. Rapunzel, 2. Ariel, 3. Sofia, 4.Elsa, 5. Belle, 6. Cinderella/Anna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 pm 
Limited Edition

I like Emmy Rossum or Natalie Portman for Belle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I haven't seen the Twilight movies, but I like the work I've seen from Bill Condon and I think he can do a good job.

I also find it funny how the article says "the plot details are unknown." I doubt the plot details are unknown for an adaptation of one of the most famous fairy tales of all-time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 106  Next