Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:13 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

imdb wrote:
New 'Star Wars' Feature Coming to Theaters

Lucasfilm plans to introduce its upcoming animated TV series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars with a 90-minute 3-D theatrical version on August 15, the company said Monday. Somewhat surprisingly, the film will be released by Warner Bros. rather than 20th Century Fox, which released all of the previous Star Wars features. The TV series, however, will air on the Cartoon Network, a corporate sibling of Warner Bros. In a statement, Warner distribution chief Dan Fellman said, "This is a breakthrough project, returning Star Wars to the big screen in a completely new way while beginning an exciting new chapter in George Lucas's legendary saga. We immediately felt that it would be a fantastic theatrical event and are thrilled to be bringing it to moviegoers."

Interesting to say the least. Looks like Lucasfilm is finally taking Star Wars to 3D.

I wish the rumors of releasing both trilogies in 3D would come true though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

will these be the same clone wars cartoons that has already been released

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

memnv wrote:
will these be the same clone wars cartoons that has already been released
No. The 2-d show was so well received that they plan to make a new weekly CGI half hour series, which this film will introduce. Only I don't know if we consider it to be before Vol. 1 of the 2-D, after, or during as it is pretty much set in stone that Vol. 2 of the 2-D show was canon to episode three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

The 2D Clone Wars series was great, especially the second part. I think it's excellent that they are going to take one of these animated Star Wars films to theaters, but it's a shame they're not going with the style of the 2D series. I'm not a big fan of the look of the humans in this CGI version. I'm psyched for it because I love getting new Star Wars stories, but disappointed they've gone to 3D, especially after seeing the character designs. It should still be cool though. I just wish they would make some post-Jedi stories into animated films. There's already so much great material to work with, and even prequels that involve Han Solo, and midquels like Shadows of the Empire. They would make for some awesome animated features (perhaps using the voices of the original actors for some of the characters) out of the various stories of novels and comic books, done in the 2D/CGI blend style of the original animated Clone Wars. Loved the style of that show. In fact, years before it came about, I had done character design art (just for fun) that was very similar in style, though it was of the original trilogy characters. I'd love to see some films about the Solo children in animation, or even just some pre-New Hope Han stories! Or how about the Thrawn trilogy?!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

the cartoon was great I loved how season 2 ended with Palpatines faked abduction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:02 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

What would be REALLY cool is if this was shown in 3D in theaters. I know that they have converted at lesat the first 15 minutes of A New Hope to 3D, if they would show that as a little teaser before the Clone Wars movie I think fans would be really excited, hint hint! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... wars3.html

"Warner Home Video has announced 1-disc ($28.98 ), 2-disc ($34.99) and Blu-ray ($35.99) releases of Star Wars: The Clone Wars for the 11th November. Each will feature a widescreen presentation, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX soundtrack. The only extra material on the 1-disc release will be a feature-length audio commentary. The disc specs for the 2-disc and Blu-ray releases are below:

2-Disc Special Edition and Blu-ray Specs:
-The Clone Wars: The Untold Stories: Preview stories, vehicles, planets, and battles from Season One of The Clone Wars television series. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).
-The Voices of The Clone Wars: Meet the voiceover actors and see them perform their craft. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).
-Gallery of Concept and Production Art (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).
-Webdocs: Six making-of featurettes, as seen on StarWars.com (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray).
-Deleted Scenes: Cargo Bay, Platform Droid Fight, Rancor Pit and Through the Tanks
-The New Score: Kevin Kiner leads a 90-piece orchestra to create the unique sound of The Clone Wars movie and series. (This feature is in Hi-Def on Blu-Ray)
-Theatrical and videogame trailers (This feature is in HI-Def on Blu-Ray)
-A digital copy of the movie to watch on the go.
-Take the Hologram Memory Challenge: Test your skill and memory and unlock three hi-def TV series sneak peeks"

Also, Target and Best-Buy will have exclusive packaging! But more importantly this is the first time a Star Wars fim goes Blu! Won't be long now 'til the whole saga goes Blu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

That movie looks so stupid. It makes the prequels seem like masterpieces.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:02 pm 
Platinum Edition

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Clone-Wars ... ided/11178

This show In My opinion is quite good.....I mean...I do realize that most if not all of the characters fate or who goes on or lives or dies is already known.....but I honestly believe that by making The Clone Wars Series it keeps the Star Wars Franchise Alive....and give some kids something to relate to with their parents....instead of a new show that the parents are like...who is Tak? Or who in the world is Phineas and what is a Ferb? or adventures of Flap who Jack???

Also it says in the press release that a Complete First Season set of Star Wars Clone Wars is coming later this year.....on DVD AND Blu Ray

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well, I'm glad to read that about the complete first season set, because these 3 or 4 episode releases are a joke, they piss me off, and they really should stop coming out with them.

I'm still waiting for the sets of Ewoks and Droids, George! And no, I did not buy those compilation ones (I had already bought the shorter versions when they were released on VHS). Granted, I will probably Ebay the DVDs if season sets don't come out soon...

Anyway, as for Clone Wars, I've heard the show and the movie that came out before it (which was basically a TV pilot released to theaters) knocked around pretty badly by fans and industry professionals who are of the mind that anything having to do with the prequels is garbage and targeted only at kids while dissing the oldschool fans. I'm an oldschool fan, but I don't go for that. Yes, the newer stuff is more kid-aimed, at least Episode 1 and the Clone Wars animated series. Still, that doesn't mean it's not good stuff and can't be enjoyed by an oldschool fan. I listened to one industry professional at Wizard World Texas go on about how Clone Wars aims at the "lowest common denominator". I feel that is a big exaggeration. What I WILL admit to is that the show is geared towards a younger set and I don't always find it that interesting because A: as you mentioned, we do know the fates of the characters already and B: Many episodes are just about carrying out strategic missions and they can get a little dull. I actually felt the first season of the much praised 2D Clone Wars series had that same problem, though I loved the second season. I really think George has made a poor decision to focus the future of Star Wars on the pre-Han/Luke/Leia time period. Those characters just had so much more chemistry than any in the prequels, and their fates weren't already widely known. An animated series would have been a good way to continue their adventures (beyond books and comics) and even the oldschool fans would love it (probably even if it was terrible or kid-aimed). Still, I am glad there is a Star Wars show in existence and sometimes I really like it. I do really love Ahsoka, but I love petite female cartoon characters... Her voice is heavenly (even the voice actress is a hottie).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm 
Platinum Edition

I honestly think the 4-pack compilation of the episodes is for the youth....I mean I can't imagine your typical kid watching more than 4 episodes of something before getting tired of it and its on to Power Rangers...I mean I can't even get my 5 year old Cousin to sit through The Little Mermaid Ariel's Beginning without asking to watch Curious George only 20 minutes into the film....

Or it's for people that have kid's that restrict them from watching TV at certain hours or only allow their kids to watch TV a limited number of hours of family or for those who don't have Cable or satellite ...(believe me they do exist :P ) who don't know of this.....

I think the Season sets for these types of shows are simply for the fanboys such as me of the show......

Now Disney releasing Goof Troop like this a few years back...and Quack Pack the same....that's something I may never know why they did that....

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyboy20022 wrote:
I mean I can't even get my 5 year old Cousin to sit through The Little Mermaid Ariel's Beginning without asking to watch Curious George only 20 minutes into the film....

I'm on your cousin's side. I'd rather watch Curious George too. ;) :P

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:09 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I know they release them largely for folks buying it for their kids who won't spend more than x amount of dollars, but the cynic in me also knows that they release them before the season sets to sucker true fans into buying them thinking that's the best that will be made available anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:48 am 
Limited Edition

I wish they'd re-release the older Clone Wars series dvds (or is it called THE Clone Wars? )

Ahh, the older one (2003-2005) was called Star Wars: Clone Wars, while the new movie and series is Star Wars: THE Clone Wars.

I have heard that the old series is 100 times better than the newer one.

My DVDs - http://littlefuzzy.dvdaf.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:12 am 
Limited Edition

*Reads topic title*
Oh COME ON! I hate those Godforsaken "compilation" DVDs, give season sets for cryin' out loud...

*reads rest of topic*
Oh.... glad to know they ARE planning a season 1 set *sweat drop*

Seriously though I love the new Clone Wars cartoon, and I loved the movie too which got way more hate than it deserves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:36 pm 
Platinum Edition

Escapay wrote:
I'm on your cousin's side. I'd rather watch Curious George too. ;) :P

They both are boring as hell if you ask me...i'd watch neither :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm 
Gold Collection

I think the Clone Wars series has been pretty well received. It had the highest ratings ever for Cartoon Network on its premiere. The episodes for the most part have been pretty strong. The worst episodes of the series are the ones that were made into the movie. I think the regular episodes blow them away. I will wait for a season set rather than buying these 4 episode sets. I do hope they give Droids and Ewoks a proper release some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:10 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Ioz wrote:
I think the Clone Wars series has been pretty well received. It had the highest ratings ever for Cartoon Network on its premiere. The episodes for the most part have been pretty strong. The worst episodes of the series are the ones that were made into the movie. I think the regular episodes blow them away. I will wait for a season set rather than buying these 4 episode sets. I do hope they give Droids and Ewoks a proper release some day.

Well, of course, any Star Wars premiere is going to be major. I wonder how it's doing now? Anyway, seriously? I've only seen like 2, maybe 3 episodes that I thought were as good as the movie they put together. I guess by "good" I mean not so boring. Their efforts to make me care about the clones as individuals, by the way, are totally lost on me. Making them special as individuals is contradicted by Order 66.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:58 pm 
Gold Collection

Clone Wars has been a ratings hit for Cartoon Network.

Looks like the first season is ending soon and repeats will air on TNT.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... id=14&cs=1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

From our friends at The Force.net!:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 124627.asp

TCW Complete S1 Blu-ray Boxed Set

Posted By Justin on June 30, 2009

Brenden Fletcher from TheBlurayBlog.com sent us this little nugget of golden goodness concerning details of the long-awaited The Clone Wars Complete Season 1 Blu-ray boxed set!!

According to the article, some features of the Blu-ray set include:

•Original aspect ratios - 2.35:1 (Cartoon Network
aired episodes cropped at 1.78:1 for 16:9 displays)
•Digibook Packaging - with book (around 40 pages or so) featuring concept drawings and sketches
•Director’s Cut Episodes
•Commentaries
•2D and 3D initial renderings (characters?)

Go to the link they posted for more info and screen shots!