DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: List of Easter Eggs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:51 pm 

I went on a number of sites to compile easter eggs for Disney and some other DVDs (I do not take credit for finding any of these myself). I haven't tried a few of these, so please don't blame me if they are incorrect. Please leave a response if one of them doesn't seem to work. This isn't a complete list: I didn't look up easter eggs for DVDs that I don't own. Also, note that some DVDs might have two separate instructions for the same easter egg. I listed them both just in case one of the directions is wrongly described by the source.

[Luke: May I suggest a webpage on the UltimateDisney site that will list all the easter eggs for Disney DVDs, so that we don't have dozens of incomplete forum posts through which members have to sift? I think many members will find it useful. Feel free to copy and paste these as a start.]

Complete Donald Duck
>>On the Main Menu of the first disc of the DVD set select the 'Special Features' menu entry. On the following screen highlight the menu entry 'Register your DVD' and then press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight Donald’s head and give you access to a brief clip from 'The Reluctant Dragon' featuring Clarence 'Ducky' Nash performing as Donald.
>>Now insert the second DVD and once again go to the 'Special Features' section. Here, highlight the menu entry that reads 'Main Menu' and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight the Devil-Donald and if you press 'Enter' now you will get to see 'The Volunteer Worker,' a short featuring Donald attempting to collect money for charity.

Davy Crockett
>>Insert the second disc of the Limited Edition 2-disc set and there go to the Supplemental Material. In this menu, highlight the menu entry saying 'A Conversation With Fess Parker.' Now press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control and Davy’s coonskin cap will be highlighted. Press 'Enter' now and you will be treated to a clip of Fess Parker singing 'The Ballad of Davy Crockett' from an episode of Disneyland.

Finding Nemo
Disc 1
>>Go to the Setup Screen then highlight the subtitles option and then press left on your remote to highlight a fish icon. Then press enter the hear the egg.
>>Go into the Bonus features menu, hit right to highlight the curve arrow, then hit down to highlight the top left space between the plate corals. You will find another short clip with Dory and Marlin.
>>In the virtual aquarium menu, scroll down the list. When you highlight 'sandy reef', hit down to highlight the top fish box. Not really an easter egg but a hidden option which tells you how to use the fish boxes along the menus.
>>Into the Bonus Features menu, hit left twice and highlight the bean shaped things on the plate coral. Not really an easter egg but a hidden option...
>>Go into the Visual Commentary menu, and before hitting anything else, hit left to highlight the fish box, then hit up to highlight the anemone. You will find a short clip with Dory and Bruce.
Disc 2
>>Go to Bonus Features menu and highlight the return arrow to the previous menu, and then press the Down arrow key. In the upper right hand corner, a little green fish will light up and pressing enter will bring up a 'commercial' for the Aqua Scum 2K3 Laser Fish tank cleaner.
>>Again from the Bonus Features menu, select Mr. Ray’s Encyclopedia then move down to the return to previous screen arrow and press down one more time to highlight another fish to the left of the play all option and press enter. This shows you a short clip.
>>Really cute short of Dory and Marlin. Go to the Behind the scenes sub-menu. Go into the behind the scenes submenu, highlight studio tour, but don't click it. Press the up button and there will be a highlighted fish. Click it. In the Region 4 DVD the invisible fish is in there, but it is underneath 'Character Interviews'. To get to it highlight the arrow on the bottom-right and push right on the remote, the fish will then highlighted.

Mickey Mouse in Black & White I
>>Insert the first disc of the set and from the Main Menu go to the 'Bonus Materials.' There, highlight the menu entry 'Register your DVD' and then press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight Mickey’s hat. Press 'enter' now and you will get to see a brief clip about the original 'Mickey Mouse Clubs' held in movie theaters, followed by the cartoon 'Minnie's Yoo-Hoo' that was show at these events.

Mickey Mouse in Living Color I
Disc 1:
>>Go right from the "play all" selection, Mickey's head will light up and when you click on it you get a short history of Mickey Mouse from a "Disneyland" TV Episode.
Disc 2:
>>Go to the main menu then right click on one of the icons. There is a Mickey Mouse that will light up, press enter and you will be treated to a short film narrated by Leonard Maltin.
>>On the Main Menu once again highlight the 'Play All' menu entry. Now press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the 'O' in the lettering above. This will give you the chance to watch the short film 'Mickey’s Surprise Party.'

Mickey Mouse in Living Color II
>>Insert the first disc of the DVD set and on the Main Menu move the cursor down until you highlight the stick underneath Mickey. If you press 'Enter' now you will get to see some rare footage of Walt Disney act as Mickey… and Mickey as Walt.
>>Also, on the same disc, go to the 'Bonus Features' section and highlight the menu entry 'Mickey And The Beanstalk.' Now, press the 'Up' key on your remote control and the musical note will be highlighted, giving you access to a vintage commercial for an oil company, featuring Mickey, Donald, Goofy and a host of other famous Disney characters.

Monsters, Inc
Disc 2:
>>Enter the "Humans Only" door, select "Pixar," and press right to highlight the track of the circling paper airplane. Press enter for some footage of the First Annual Pixar Paper Plane Tournament.
>>Enter the "Humans Only" door, scroll left from Production Tour to see the DVD Credits.
>>Enter the "Humans Only" door and watch the 'Production Tour' all the way through (or skip until the chapter reads “7”) and in the end you will see a screen with a number of untitled doors. Each one of these doors takes you to another unannounced feature on the disc, including test footage, bloopers and more.
>>Enter the "Monsters Only" door. From "New Monster Adventures" press right to highlight the Monsters, Inc. Logo, and press enter to see dailies that contain a few practical jokes by the animators.

Pirates of the Caribbean
Disc 2
>>Choose Fly on the Set, go down to Play All, navigate right to highlight the vampire tooth on the monkey, then click on it to see: Pirates Cave Construction.
>>Choose Below Deck, navigate left to highlight the skull in the middle of the medallion, click on it to see a cgi demo of the ship battle, done by the Pixel Liberation Front.
>>On the Below Deck menu, click on Scene Index navigate to the second page and go down to Pirate Ships, then navigate left to highlight the ring on the skeletal hand. Click on this to see the Japanese trailer.
>>On the Moonlight Serenade Scene Progression menu, navigate down to Main Menu and then hit down to highlight the molar tooth on the impaled skeleton. Click on this to see Keith Richard talk about Johnny Depp basing Jack Sparrow on him.
>>Go to 'Below Deck', 'Scene Index', then page 2. Highlight 'Types of Pirates' and press right and Enter to view the DVD Credits.
>>Go into the below deck menu, and highlight 'Set Sail'. Without hitting anything else, hit left twice. You'll highlight the Aztec gold skull and run into some plan of the scene of the Interceptor and Black Pearl battle - no voices, of course.
>>Insert disk 2 into a Mac computer. Double click on the folder marked "common". Now double click on the folder marked "win". Next, open the "dead" folder. Now open the "qt" folder. You will see a Quicktime movie titled "dead_men640.mov".

Schoolhouse Rock
>>On disc 1's setup menu, highlight the smiling cartoon man doodle, which takes you to the "Yohe Doodle Dandy" page. As soon as you enter, the audio kick in explaining when and how Tom Yohe created the art for the show. The page includes four sketches and one photograph of Tom Yohe. Clicking on each picture takes you to a page showing the art doodles on a script or the sketch of the segment with music from the song.
>>On the disc 2 main menu, highlight the water fountain on the right wall. Press enter, which will cause the fountain to flood the hallway. You'll then see the turtle from the "Unpack Your Adjectives" song and the S.S. Ark with Noah from the "Elementary, My Dear" song as the water drains.
>>On disc 2's main menu, on the left side on the hallway, highlight the light switch, and press enter. The animation shows the hallway in a blackout, followed by children's little white eyes looking around, and the skeleton from the "Not So Dry Bones" appears, which scares the kids, except one, who turns on the lights. After the skeleton sees the little girl he screams and runs away.
>>On disc 2's main menu, highlight the word "Credit" from the Extra Credit banner at the top of the hallway. By clicking enter you are taken to credits page for each song, plus 4 or 5 devoted to consultation credit pages. There are around 59 in total.

Silly Symphonies
Disc One
>>In the main menu, you can select the "S" in "Symphonies" to find Disney talking about how many of his shorts were based on old fables. He then goes on to introduce The Grasshopper and the Ants.
>>In the second menu for Fables and Fairy Tales, you can select Ambrose the Robber Kitten's sword (left of Lullaby Land). This will take you to Walt Disney talking about The Water Babies and then proceeding to the cartoon.
>>In the menu for Favorite Characters, you can select one of the small chicks at the top. This will take you to Disney introducing the Academy Award Nominated Who Killed Cock Robin? Disney also gives some information as to the origin of the story.
>>In the Leonard's Picks menu, you can select the word "Leonard" and it will take you to Walt Disney talking about the making of Wynken, Blynken and Nod as well as the story of Eugene Field.
>>In the Captions menu, you can select one of the water babies to the left. This will take you to Disney introducing on the Three Little Pigs sequel - Practical Pig. This is followed by the cartoon.
Disc Two
>>In the Nature on the Screen menu, you can select the star on the bunny's cheek (to the right of Mother Pluto). This will take you to Walt Disney talking about The Old Mill and its importance to the company's future in animation.
>>In the Accent on Music menu, you can select the young saxophone's hat (left of Music Land). This will take you to Disney introducing the lovely short Farmyard Symphony.

Snow White Platinum Edition
>>The first disc of the set - the one that contains the actual movie - contains a number of entertaining time-outs. If you go to the disc’s main menu and simply wait without doing anything, the mirror has a number of different comments for you as he gets bored.
>>Insert the second disc of the set - the one with the bonus materials - and you will notice that the main menu is using images as menu entries rather than actual text. If you prefer to access the contents of this disc through regular text menus, simply highlight the cauldron in the lower left corner and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight the apple underneath the mirror. Press 'Enter' now and you will see regular text menus, giving you access to all the bonus materials on the disc.
>>Also on that second disc, from the main menu select the Wishing Well. Once you get to that submenu press the 'Left' arrow key on your remote control and you will get access to the DVD credits for this phenomenal release.

Walt Disney Treasures: Tomorrowland
>>Click right on the Main Menu button of the Bonus Features on the 2nd disc and it will highlight a red button (next to the Register Your DVD writing). Click on this to watch the taping of a pitch to GE for the World Fair. It features Walt and the Sherman Brothers singing “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” which was going to be shown at the GE pavilion at the New York World Fair. It is a great pitch with some artwork and Walt’s vision for the exhibit. This is when the Carousel of Progress is used (to show how electricity changed life).

Toy Story Box Set
>>Put in the third disc, the Supplemental Features disc. Choose Toy Story 2 from the menu. Then choose Story, then Jessie's Song. When the new menu for Jessie's song loads up press left on the DVD controller. Bam! Up pops a question mark. Choose the question mark for something unbelievably funny!
>>Also on disc 3, select 'Toy Story 2,' then go to 'History,' and then to 'The Continuing World of Toy Story.' After the video, which you can skip with your remote control, you get a new menu called 'Links.' It features some story reels of Buzz's cartoon, Woody's nightmare, and other stuff.
>>On all 3 discs of the set, there is a DVD credit screen. To get to them, on 'Toy Story' press the 'Left' arrow key from the main menu. On 'Toy Story 2' press the 'Up' arrow key from the main menu, and on the Supplement disc, in Section 1, select 'History,' go all the way down to highlight 'Menu' and press the 'Left' arrow key.
>>Yet another hidden feature can be found on the box set. Insert the second disc of the set and then directly access Title 4 on the DVD. Please refer to your player's instruction manual how to access titles and chapters directly, as every player is handling this differently. Once selected, you will see trailers for 'The Emperor's New Groove,' 'Fantasia 2000,' and 'Dinosaur.'

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
>>Insert the first disc of the set and from the Main Menu select 'Movie Theater.' Now, hit the 'Down' arrow key on your remote control four times and you will highlight the meter on Denny’s dashboard. Press 'enter' now and you will see the movie’s original theatrical trailer.
>>Now it is time to insert the second disc of the DVD set. From the Main Menu select the 'Valiant Files' entry and you will be transported to Eddie's office. There you can navigate through the office with a magnifying glass. Some selections will take you to Still Galleries of one kind or another while others lead to some surprise animation and other fun gags. One gag that stands out requires a little detective work. There is a safe on the left hand side of the screen. Select the upper right hand drawer on Teddy's desk - the one facing you - and once it opens, select the crumpled piece of paper to obtain the combination to the safe. Then select the safe and enter the combination to get a 'sweet' surprise.

Post subject: Re: List of Easter Eggs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:09 am 
Site Admin

cletus510 wrote:
[Luke: May I suggest a webpage on the UltimateDisney site that will list all the easter eggs for Disney DVDs, so that we don't have dozens of incomplete forum posts through which members have to sift? I think many members will find it useful. Feel free to copy and paste these as a start.]

I think that's a great idea, and it's come up in the past, but I've been hesitant. Anyway, if I can find the time, I'll set something up later this week.

Any ideas as to how it should be organized? Just a simple list like yours, sorted alphabetically maybe?

"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 am 
Special Edition

Luke wrote:
Any ideas as to how it should be organized? Just a simple list like yours, sorted alphabetically maybe?

Alphabetical by title.

Image After All These Years...& Still Wishing On Stars Image

My Collections

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:31 pm 
Special Edition

What are the ester eggs??? :oops:

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Easter eggs are hidden bonus features on DVD's. They're called Easter eggs because like real ones, you have to search to find them and then are rewarded when you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:14 pm 
Collector's Edition

Yup. There are many sites out there devoted to DVD easter eggs. You can check out which one of your favorite DVDs have easter eggs and how to find them or you can post your own that you found. I found two hidden trailers in my Boiler Room DVD. :D

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:08 am 
Platinum Edition

I'm not sure how the Apple on Snow White's second disc is an "Easter Egg" when it is mentioned in the insert :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:59 pm 

2099net wrote:
I'm not sure how the Apple on Snow White's second disc is an "Easter Egg" when it is mentioned in the insert :?

That's one of the DVDs I didn't check. Sorry if it is lame.

Luke: I think alphabetical would be fine. Not to ask too much from you, but maybe you could put a form on the page with which people can submit new easter eggs to you or to tell you which ones seem to not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

cletus510 wrote:
2099net wrote:

That's one of the DVDs I didn't check. Sorry if it is lame.

Luke: I think alphabetical would be fine. Not to ask too much from you, but maybe you could put a form on the page with which people can submit new easter eggs to you or to tell you which ones seem to not work.

No worries. I've seen this listed on lots of Easter Egg sites, and its always niggled me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:57 pm 
Limited Edition

Luke wrote:
cletus510 wrote:

I think that's a great idea, and it's come up in the past, but I've been hesitant. Anyway, if I can find the time, I'll set something up later this week.

YAY!!! :D that makes me happy to hear Luke you are the best. I never look for Easter Eggs becasue I dont even know where to begin this will be of great help and fun for me. ULTIMATE DISNEY really is the best SITE! :D (Feels like Wal-Mart find almost anything you need here :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 pm 
Limited Edition

I know the last post in this topic was posted... Oh My Gosh!.. a year ago but I was wondering if that Easter Egg page was created. I would love to know all the Easter Eggs in my Disney DVDs :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:29 pm 
Limited Edition

Luke wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I've got an idea. You could make an easter egg page for a certain movie, and then put the link right under the link for the DVD review to save space. It would also be easy to navigate since everyone knows how the reviews are organized.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:43 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Pasta67 wrote:
Luke wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I've got an idea. You could make an easter egg page for a certain movie, and then put the link right under the link for the DVD review to save space. It would also be easy to navigate since everyone knows how the reviews are organized.
I 2nd that. I LOVE easter eggs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Or to make things even easier, post easter eggs on the review pages themselves, and have an easter egg page that'll link directly to the easter egg section of each DVD review. That way, you only have one extra page taking bandwidth - the page that links to all of the easter egg sections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:20 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

whoops I thout that what he was saying.I have to sart carfuly reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Disneykid wrote:
Or to make things even easier, post easter eggs on the review pages themselves, and have an easter egg page that'll link directly to the easter egg section of each DVD review. That way, you only have one extra page taking bandwidth - the page that links to all of the easter egg sections.

That would save bandwidth, but don't you think that would make the review a little........crowded? It's entirely up to Luke, but that's just what I think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:01 pm 
Collector's Edition

cletus510 wrote:
Complete Donald Duck
>>On the Main Menu of the first disc of the DVD set select the 'Special Features' menu entry. On the following screen highlight the menu entry 'Register your DVD' and then press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight Donald’s head and give you access to a brief clip from 'The Reluctant Dragon' featuring Clarence 'Ducky' Nash performing as Donald.
>>Now insert the second DVD and once again go to the 'Special Features' section. Here, highlight the menu entry that reads 'Main Menu' and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control. This will highlight the Devil-Donald and if you press 'Enter' now you will get to see 'The Volunteer Worker,' a short featuring Donald attempting to collect money for charity.

Actually, there is another easter egg on disc 2 of The Chronological Donald (and no easter egg page has listed this, but it does appear on my review of the set.)

Highlight the angel-donald, and you will see another clip from "The Reluctant Dragon", this time it's Donald showing Robert Benchley how animation is done.

BTW this easter egg appears on both the R1 and R4 versions of this set.

here is the review

My British Comics Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

I started making a page last summer and indeed, I'm happy with the formatting. It'd be a bunch of pages, but it's a lot of work and there's already so much to do and so little time and reward. It will be coming at some point, but I've got no planned date set.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:26 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Quote:
Actually, there is another easter egg on disc 2 of The Chronological Donald (and no easter egg page has listed this, but it does appear on my review of the set.)

Highlight the angel-donald, and you will see another clip from "The Reluctant Dragon", this time it's Donald showing Robert Benchley how animation is done.

BTW as I remember they were making Old MacDonald Duck so Don was in farmer clothes. Also that clip was reused in "Disney Animation Magic" on the Beauty and the Beast: SE DVD but Replacing Benchley was "Louis Stevens".

Last edited by JiminyCrick91 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:26 pm 
Gold Collection

really cool