Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willow (TV Series)
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:05 pm 
Platinum Edition

Quote:
Ron Howard and “Solo” writer Jonathan Kasdan are in negotiations for a sequel series to Howard’s 1988 feature “Willow” at Disney+, Variety has confirmed. The original fantasy film came from a George Lucas story and was produced by Lucasfilm, so a Disney+ series adaptation would seem like a natural fit, given how many other Lucasfilm projects are in the works for the streaming platform.

In an interview on MTV’s “Happy Sad Confused” podcast, Howard said that “serious discussions” were ongoing and confirmed that Warwick Davis, who played the titular character in the original, would be returning. “Warwick is so cool and so good and he’s such a good actor that I really hope we get the chance to see the mature Willow in action,” Howard said.
Source: https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ron-ho ... 203202706/

Quote:
There have been conversations about the project at Disney+, a source tells Deadline.

“I think it’d be a great way to go,” Howard said. “In fact, George always talked about the possibility of a Willow series, and it’d be great and more intimate, and built around that character and some of the others. And Jon Kasdan has, I think, an inspired take on it and it could be really, really cool.” Should the project move forward, Howard said the title character would be a more mature Willow, older and wiser and presumably more fast with weaponry than he once was.
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/05/willow-ser ... 202605857/

Post subject: Re: Willow (TV Series)
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:38 pm 
Collector's Edition

Curious if there will be a whole village of dwarves this time as well. From what I understand, Willow was in many ways George Lucas' version of Star Wars if it had been made as a pre-industrial fantasy story instead of space opera.

Post subject: Re: Willow (TV Series)
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:56 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I still haven't gotten around to watching this film although I definitely need to. Now I have another incentive.