Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

I'm hoping it will be like Brother Bear's DVD where the opening image is entirely boxed in and then expands to fill the screen on the sides (check out UD's review of that movie for more detail.)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Did Edward got any marchandise?.
gumby17
Gold Classic Collection

Post by gumby17 »

cover art!!!!!

Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Ugghhh, no, looks like bad clipart. I would have liked them to use different pictures than the by now well known ones, especially the one of Robert is always the same. But the cover art might change again, who knows.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Just saw Enchanted for the fourth time, and I can honestly say it gets better each time I see it. I can't wait for the DVD release and I do hope that they do the video format to include a letter boxing of the opening animated sequence and then expand it to the widescreen when she hits New York.

I also spent some time counting all the references to other Disney Animated Classics in the movie, and there are a ton of them. I lost count at 30, but I know there are a lot more. There are the obvious ones, and the not so obvious ones, but there a whole of references to Disney classics all the way back to "Snow White" and as recent at "Beauty and the Beast", and more.

This is one Disney movie that has it all. And I hope they include the Goofy short on the DVD.

:)
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Why should they include the Goofy short on the DVD? Isn't that one shown before National Treasure: Book of secrets? Or does it depend on the theater you go to?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Did Edward got any marchandise?.
No. And there's only one Pip plush and only one Nirissa T-Shirt. It's all Giselle right now, which just annoys me.

The Cover art is O.K. I guess. It could be worse.

The Goofy cartoon will most likely be on the National Treasure 2 DVD since that is the movie it is paired with right now in theatres.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Is there in Enchanted any reference to Princess Jasmine, or the movie Aladdin?

I can't remember any... :?
Last edited by bruno_wbt on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

But there is a Edward Doll, like Barbie's Ken and a Robert Doll but I guess that's about it. Maybe Edward costumes will be available for Halloween this year, depending on how memorable the movie is for non-Disney fans.
I guess with the DVD release we might see more Edward merchandise, but I am not surprised about the lack of it, since the Princesses are much more popular right now with little kids, especially girls of course, at whom the movie aims, although boys might like it too, I don' doubt that.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:Did Edward got any marchandise?.
No. And there's only one Pip plush and only one Nirissa T-Shirt. It's all Giselle right now, which just annoys me.
Well,i think other character (like Edward) should have get marchandise,altought i remember seen in the Disney Store site an Edward costume.
The cover isn't pretty,i was afraid that it will turn out to be something like this (i wanted to see both animated Giselle in the pink dress and live action Giselle with the wedding dress on the cover,not the same poster).
starlioness
Gold Classic Collection

Post by starlioness »

I'm still mad there's no Destiny the Horse Stuff.. :headshake: :angry: ... I guess it might happen if they push the Princess and the Pony stuff later on but still I WANT IT NOW!! :P
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Billy Moon »

Ariel'sprince wrote:What? i disgree,Billy Moon,the film wasn't making fun of Disney,it was a tributh.
It felt very like Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid and i don't understand what's worng about it and Giselle's was like all the Princesses,not a parody.
Besides-why Disney whould make fun of themselfs and their films and make a bad image on them? it's silly,they whouldn't do that.
Because everybody else's doing it. So why not "disney" themselves. And yes, for the 100th time, it is a parody. If you think it was similar to Sleeping Beauty in a way any other than a parodic "this is how stupid the Disney princesses look like" way, then you must like SB for very different reasons than I do.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Dottie wrote:But there is a Edward Doll, like Barbie's Ken and a Robert Doll but I guess that's about it.
There's no Edward doll that I know of. I've been looking out closely... :lol: I'm a Disney doll collector... and I REALLY want them to make an Edward doll!!! :x
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

That's what I figured the cover art would look like. I was hoping for art similar to the movie's (some think it's 80's ish) poster. I'm doubting a two-disc release though. I also noticed about the cover, all I can see is the "Disney DVD" logo, but I see no "Fastplay".

Ugh... I have a headache!
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

I figured that's how the cover art would look. Oh well, hopefully it will change. I was hoping for a cover that showed both the animated world of Andalasia and the Live-Action world of Manhattan. They could show the live characters in a transformation into the animated characters, or something like that. All I ask is for the animated versions of the characters to also appear on the cover. Plus, is that the official cover? I don't see a Movie Rewards or Fast Play Logo on the bottom of the cover, and the back blue background does not transition correctly from the bottom of the cover to the top of the cover.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

It was crap.

There that got your attention. ;) If anyone goes saying how I suck just from glimpsing at the first sentence of the post, then it just proves how stupid you are, because I didn't actually think that it was bad at all. Rather, I thought Enchanted was a lovely film. I finally saw it on New Year's Day and it was a lovely way to round off this Christmas season. It was such a happy film! The songs were lovely and well staged! The animation (though brief, though not as much as I thought) was beautiful! And I especially liked hunting for Disney references. Overall, it was just a lovely film to watch!

It looks like it's doing relatively okay at the box-office, but I have to say that it deserves to be doing better! Why the hell is Alvin and the Chipmunks doing better than this? But then again, I can imagine that Enchanted will be remembered in ten years time, whilst Alvin will be all but forgotten. Yay! :)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Ha,where's Flanger-Hanger? check out i found:
http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.u ... catid=2002
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

enchanted was chosen as the best family film by the critic's choice awards :)
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Ha,where's Flanger-Hanger? check out i found:
http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.u ... catid=2002
So when is it coming to North America?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I don't know but you can buy it there :).