Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Ok, it took me a minute to find this thread to bump it! :lol:

I met Idina Menzel last night and asked her about the song from Enchanted! I told her I really want to hear the song she recorded for the movie She kinda gave me a funny look at first... trying to remember maybe? :lol: then she said "Oh, it wasn't that good...." :lol: I told her laughing "I'll take your word for it.... but you and James Marsden are my favorites so I really want to hear it" and she said "Oh looove him!" when I mentioned James.... :lol: Very cute. She also said she doesn't think they'll ever release it.... :( BOO!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Really? you"re lucky :D.
It's sad we"ll never hear it :( but did she say they"ll do something with Enchanted?.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Poody wrote:Ok, it took me a minute to find this thread to bump it! :lol:

I met Idina Menzel last night and asked her about the song from Enchanted! I told her I really want to hear the song she recorded for the movie She kinda gave me a funny look at first... trying to remember maybe? :lol: then she said "Oh, it wasn't that good...." :lol: I told her laughing "I'll take your word for it.... but you and James Marsden are my favorites so I really want to hear it" and she said "Oh looove him!" when I mentioned James.... :lol: Very cute. She also said she doesn't think they'll ever release it.... :( BOO!
My gosh, that's awesome!

Hmm... it wasn't good. Well, it surprises me that Alan Menken wrote a bad song (he's amazing!), but they did cut it out after all!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Well, it surprises me that Alan Menken wrote a bad song (he's amazing!), but they did cut it out after all!
I also really love Alan Menken and think he's amazing but there are bad songs he worte (Basicly deleted) like Proud Of Your Boy for exmaple (I can't stand that song,maybe it's because of the plot of it and not the song itself but still).
I think maybe the movie is about Giselle,not Nancy and that's why we didn't heard the song but there could be more reasons.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

If I get a chance to talk to her after her next concert then I'll ask about an Enchanted sequel.... :lol:
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

I personally love Proud of Your Boy, its a matter of opinion. Maybe she wasn't impressed with the song, but that doesn't mean the world would hate it. If they ever do a new DVD release of Enchanted with more features, perhaps they will include that one. Disney has dug up for more obscure songs for older movies and lesser reasons. So I don't see why we should just automatically assume we will NEVER hear it. I bet in 5-10 years Disney will release Enchanted as a 2+ disc and bill it with "Including a deleted song!"
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Very true, but the problem is.... in 10 years I don't know if anyone (including Disney) will give a rats ass about Enchanted anymore! It hasn't even been a year and no one cares already.... :lol: boo! :|
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Oh,you really should ask her that :D.
Siren-I didn't liked it,I think we might hear it.
It's weird,it was out 8 months ago and it seems underrated,why? isn't Enchanted sucessful? there was little attention with the DVD (Like the Disney Princess Wedding Dresses Giselle got) but still,I also think that the DVD came out too fast but I might be wrong.
We won't get a lot of Enchanted merchandise and we won't see a lot of Giselle in the Princess line because of the royalties.
But I think they will release a 2 discs version,but after the DVD will die thought.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

I dunno... I found a lot of his Pocahontas songs (minus Colors, Riverbend and If I Never Knew You) just utterly horrible, as with the multitude of songs from Hunchback. Not every important scene needs a song!!
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Ariel'sprince wrote: It's weird,it was out 8 months ago and it seems underrated,why? isn't Enchanted sucessful? there was little attention with the DVD (Like the Disney Princess Wedding Dresses Giselle got) but still,I also think that the DVD came out too fast but I might be wrong.
We won't get a lot of Enchanted merchandise and we won't see a lot of Giselle in the Princess line because of the royalties.
But I think they will release a 2 discs version,but after the DVD will die thought.
There's no doubt that Enchanted successful was successful... but I will be gone from people's memory fast unless Disney does something about it... At least with merchandising! :lol: And not making Giselle "officially" part of the Princesses doesn’t help much.

We do have Giselle undies at my work which are on clearance.... :lol:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Poody wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote: It's weird,it was out 8 months ago and it seems underrated,why? isn't Enchanted sucessful? there was little attention with the DVD (Like the Disney Princess Wedding Dresses Giselle got) but still,I also think that the DVD came out too fast but I might be wrong.
There's no doubt that Enchanted successful was successful... but I will be gone from people's memory fast unless Disney does something about it... At least with merchandising! :lol: And not making Giselle "officially" part of the Princesses doesn’t help much.

We do have Giselle undies at my work which are on clearance.... :lol:
Yeah,they really should do something about it and they should pay Amy more if that's the problem.
I hope they"ll do something about this.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Who wanted merchandise of Giselle in green dress?:
I prefer her in the pink dress the best,the wedding dress after that.
Edward also has costumes in UK (For adults and small kids).
MadameGaston

Post by MadameGaston »

Ohhh I LOOOVE that Giselle dress it looks quite similarto the one on the movie!! ^^
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Yeah,it really does :D,I also liked it :D but whoudn't like the pink dress more? why there's only costume of the wedding dress and this dress?.
I"m glad that Edward got a costume :D.
Jim's Jewel
Limited Issue

Post by Jim's Jewel »

That costume is really cute! I've always loved her green dress. :D I'd love to see what the Prince Edward costume looks like.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Jim Jewel's-I think I posted his costume in this thread :D.
I found a Troll plush!!! :o:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Enchanted-Gi ... dZViewItem
Wow,the Troll have a figure and Narrisa and Edward don't :?.
I think I"ll buy a Giselle pin (A pin counts as a figure?).
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

That's from the Disney store. It's seriously on final clearance for maybe 1.99....
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

If I lived in US I whould buy it :D.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I don't really have anywhere to put it.... :lol: I kinda wanted one of Pip though.
Disney Princess Ariellen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Princess Ariellen »

Poody wrote:I don't really have anywhere to put it.... :lol: I kinda wanted one of Pip though.
They did make a Pip plushie at Disney Store. One of those little bean-bag sized ones. He sits on my dresser. :)