Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
drthlandry

Post by drthlandry »

BelleGirl wrote:especially the squirrel Pip!
He was a chipmunk!!! (inside joke)

Saw this last night with some Movie Cash from Best Buy. It far exceeded my expectations (probably since I didn't watch the trailer and didn't know what to expect going in).
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Saw it last night, finally! It was fantastic! I'm sure a lot of people who knew me in school think I had something to do with this film, since it was widely known that my greatest fantasy was that Ariel would become REAL one day and end up staying with me, and we'd eventually get hitched, ha.

I went to the Disney Store right after, hoping to pick up some sort of item to commemorate the movie, but most everything seemed to be for little girls. There wasn't even a snowglobe or a vinyl bank or figure, or anything. The most appealing things right now are the soundtrack, the Giselle poster at Wal-Mart, and the plushes they have of Giselle. I might end up getting one of those or a combination eventually. Gotta get something! Totally loved it and Giselle! Incidentally, some time back I added her to my Disney Girls drawing. Hadn't seen the movie yet though, but I still think it came out okay:

http://slave2moonlight.deviantart.com/a ... s-67020662
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Giselle in your picture is wonderfull,slave2moonlight :D (by the way-didn't you said that you will add Jessica Alba as Kida in it?).
Giselle is also my favorite Disney character and Disney Princess with Ariel :D.
I think that the DS game is the only Enchanted i will ever get,there's not a singal Enchanted marchandise over here :( :x.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Thanks. :) Actually, my plan currently is to use Alba for the mechanic girl from Atlantis (I can never remember her name). On the page with the art is the list of actresses/characters I have planned to eventually do so far.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

slave2moonlight wrote:the Giselle poster at Wal-Mart
They have a Giselle poster ay walmart??? :o I haven't seen one yet. What did it look like?
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Poody wrote:
slave2moonlight wrote:the Giselle poster at Wal-Mart
They have a Giselle poster ay walmart??? :o I haven't seen one yet. What did it look like?
It has the real Giselle looking up at the animated Giselle, or something to that effect. Maybe not looking at her but it has her below thinking, sorta to the right, and above and sorta to the left, I believe, is the animated Giselle. That's how I remember it anyway. You can probably see it by looking around on the net. Ebay for example, maybe.
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

I found this at www.allposters.com
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
gumby17
Gold Classic Collection

Post by gumby17 »

is anyone else reeeeeaaally hoping that the russian dub is included in the dvd?!?!?!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofz4oHz9JUU[url][/url]
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

LizzieMcGuire wrote:I found this at www.allposters.com
That's it. Thanks for posting. Now that I have time to look at it even longer (rather than being in a rush at Wal-Mart), I really want one. But, it'll mean I'll have to take down one of my Hilary Duff posters. probably my favorite one from the concert I went to. Ugh. Okay, well, I'll probably go looking around for this poster tomorrow and make the sacrifice, because it was a great movie and Giselle is a dream come true. Not saying I don't still prefer Ariel and Tink (and Sailor Moon), but I did adore her and the whole concept is right out of my biggest fantasy. They might not have any left in the slots though, but luckily, I have several Wal-Marts to check out.

When I have a little more cash, I'll probably get the soundtrack too and maybe one of those plush dolls if they don't come out with anything better.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Wow..I haven't posted since September, but I'm back-ish now the Fall semester is over.

Anyhow...I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

I have to agree with everyone that it is truly one of the greatest feel-good, happy ending Disney feature and tribute to the Disney fairy tales to date! I just saw it for the second time today with my sister and Escapay and it was awesome again the second time! I usually don't remember movies
really well scene by scene, but this movie was so memorable. I'm still wiggin' out at how awesome it was. Everyone except two people that I know really loved this movie and have seen it at least once or twice and want to see it again! (The two who didn't like it at all were expecting a Disney version of Shrek...:roll:...)

I can't wait for this DVD and the soundtrack is awesome! I only wish that more of James Marsden's verses in "True Love's Kiss" appeared on the soundtrack. The score is beautiful and I listen to it while I study, hehe.
Loomis wrote:Perhaps the only misstep was the use of a "modern" singer during the ballroom sequence, as it took me out of the picture for a moment, but otherwise it went exactly where you wanted it to.
*SPOLIER WARNING*

Yeah, I felt the style of "So Close" was a surprising choice for the movie, but I figured it to be more of a story component. At this point in the movie, Giselle was the only one in a modern gown while everyone else was in the fancy, old fashioned costumes. With her makeover and the less Disneyesque musical song, the story is moving to show how she is evolving and integrating herself into the modern, realistic world.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Just a question-how much a Pip plush or a Giselle Ornament from Disney Store cost?.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Just a question-how much a Pip plush or a Giselle Ornament from Disney Store cost?.
Those 2 were only sold at the El Capitan store, not at the Disney store. At least, that's the only place i saw them. Errr I forget the prices.... but they weren't that cheap. :lol: At least $15 each.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

The Ornament,too?.
This sucks,i guess that exept the DS game i won't have any Enchanted marchandise :( :x.
You are so luckey that you have a Disney Store,if i had one i whould even buy that Giselle plush.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

YEAY!

1 National Treasure: Book of Secrets $ 124,035,000
10 Enchanted 110,650,000

maybe it will reach 115 after all. and boo to AVP
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

I had seen the ornament at the disney store, but since it was on my christmas list, I wasn't allowed to buy it and now they are all gone :(
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I saw a Pip beanie at the Disney Store today. It was the usual beanie price. Don't remember exactly, but something like 6.50 or so, and 2 for 10. It wasn't a big ol' plush, but considering it is a chipmunk, I'd say it is the perfect size.

As for me, I was going to get the Pongo and Perdita ornament there on clearance, but they had finally put out the Remy action figure from Ratatouille, so I got that instead (only had around 6 bucks on me). I may be able to parlay the dalmatian ornament into a future Christmas gift or birthday gift tomorrow, when I'm supposedly going back with my mom and sis. Hopefully that cool Snow White heart box (with apple ornament inside) as well. I hadn't seen it before today, but it's awesome!

I did finally get my first Enchanted item today though. I got that Giselle poster at Wal-Mart, but I had to go to a few Wal-Marts before I found it.[/b]
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

slave2moonlight wrote:I saw a Pip beanie at the Disney Store today. It was the usual beanie price. Don't remember exactly, but something like 6.50 or so, and 2 for 10. It wasn't a big ol' plush, but considering it is a chipmunk, I'd say it is the perfect size.
Yeah, I got that one from my Secret Santa at school along with a Dumbo. She also got me an Enchanted theatrical release poster since she works at the movie theater! It was an awesome gift! :-)

Anyhow, Pip is a very nice beanie. More plush than bean, too. If you're looking for a nice souvenir from the movie without spending too much, the Pip plush is great.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Disney Duster »

Did you actually use Amy Adams as Giselle in your Disney Girls piece, Slave2moonlight? Becuase, I'm sorry if it really is her, but it doesn't look like her to me. I could see it looks like someone like her, but it doesn't look like it's actually her.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Disney Duster,what place is Giselle in your Disney Princess rank?.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Disney Duster wrote:Did you actually use Amy Adams as Giselle in your Disney Girls piece, Slave2moonlight? Becuase, I'm sorry if it really is her, but it doesn't lokk like her to me. I could see it looks like someone like her, but it doesn't look like it's actually her.
Yes, I used Amy Adams, though the reference pics I used weren't of her as Giselle, and I hadn't seen the movie yet and didn't realize her strawberry blonde hair in the film leans more towards blonde most of the time than reddish. Anyways, no problem if you don't think it looks like her. I've had it posted for sometime at DeviantArt and most people have told me it looks just like her, and I think it does (if I didn't, I'd be really uncomfortable with it), so I don't mind a few comments to the contrary, ha.