Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've always loved the moment where Narissa shoots electricity to stop the line of cars, so I could picture a song there. I like some of the lyrics, but it's hard to tell without hearing whether the song would actually be good.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I would love to hear those deleted songs. I hope they are included in a future home video release or that some of them are used in the sequel.
Maria_Potter

Post by Maria_Potter »

Oh wow, I had no idea there were so many deleted songs! :shock: How can we get Disney to release complete soundtracks of all of Menken's works???
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney UK recently released Enchanted with a limited edition sleeve on DVD and Blu-ray. The artwork is a larger version of the one found on the CD cover. Isn't it beautiful?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What a gorgeous cover.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It's gorgeous but I would like the one with Narissa looming over Giselle in that same pose that I saw even better.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I always liked this image. It felt like a throwback to the posters of the Disney Renaissance.

As for the deleted songs that were mentioned on the previous page, I always wished that they were included on the Blu-Ray/DVD. If this movie ever gets a new edition (like maybe with the sequel if that ever comes to fruition) I hope they'll add Narissa's deleted song and Edward and Nancy's duet.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Re: Hand-Drawn Animation Dead at Disney

Post by Kyle »

James Baxter posted this early test from Enchanted. I think its new (to us)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W39ZAAFD2Yc
Sotiris

Re: Hand-Drawn Animation Dead at Disney

Post by Sotiris »

Kyle wrote:James Baxter posted this early test from Enchanted. I think its new (to us)?
It is! We finally found out where that first image of Giselle came from. Baxter posted some new pencil tests from Enchanted on his Tumblr account.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Oh wow, I always loved that image of Giselle and I'm glad to see that there was actual footage of it. I almost wish it had been in the film. I loved the concept art of the forest and how there were peacocks strutting around. It would have been nice to see a minute or two more footage of the animated world.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Actually that animated segment isn't new to all of us. The "beautiful ballad" animation was posted here before, not that far from the release date of the film. But I have no idea how to locate where it was posted here using the Search function.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney Duster wrote:Actually that animated segment isn't new to all of us. The "beautiful ballad" animation was posted here before, not that far from the release date of the film. But I have no idea how to locate where it was posted here using the Search function.
Nope, you're right. It's not new at all, it's from the making off-documentary that came along the Target edition of the film.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I saw this on tumblr, its so beautiful! I really hope they keep the same style of the first film for the sequel.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Nope, you're right. It's not new at all, it's from the making off-documentary that came along the Target edition of the film.
Oh yea!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Actually that animated segment isn't new to all of us. The "beautiful ballad" animation was posted here before, not that far from the release date of the film. But I have no idea how to locate where it was posted here using the Search function.
Nope, you're right. It's not new at all, it's from the making off-documentary that came along the Target edition of the film.
Was that a bonus DVD disc that came with the film?
ImageImage
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Yup, it was.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Enchanted is celebrating its 10 year anniversary and so we're getting new interviews about the making of the movie.

Enchanted: An oral history of That's How You Know
http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/21/enchant ... l-history/

Enchanted director on why Giselle doesn't belong with Edward: 'She had to evolve'
http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/21/enchant ... -together/

Enchanted at 10: revisiting the film with director Kevin Lima
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/kevi ... kevin-lima
Raf
Limited Issue

Re: Enchanted 2 Discussion

Post by Raf »

So, I was reading some articles about Enchanted, and what's the deal with Giselle not being an official princess? I always believed what wikipedia says:
Disney had originally planned to add Giselle to the Disney Princess line-up, as was shown at a 2007 Toy Fair where the Giselle doll was featured with packaging declaring her with Disney Princess status, but decided against it when they realized they would have to pay for lifelong rights to Amy Adams' image.
However, there is also this:
While Giselle is not being marketed as one of the Disney Princesses, Enchanted merchandise was made available in various outlets with Adams' animated likeness being used on all Giselle merchandise.
So was it okay to use her animated version?
I always thought the thing is, Disney can't use Giselle because Amy Adams won't let them use her likeness. Kind of like Shannen Doherty refused to use her look in Charmed comics.
But now when I saw some interviews, it seems like Amy was all for the idea? So if she would be okay with it, couldn't Disney make some kind of contract that would let them use Giselle for free? Like how they can use Leia all the time?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Amy Adams never told Disney that they couldn't use her likeness. The reason merchandise with Giselle was released initially was because Disney movies run on merchandise so Disney was willing to pay Amy Adams for using her likeness for the few months Enchanted was in theaters. However they were not ok with having to pay her continuously which is why more than 10 years later, Giselle is not a Disney Princess, because if she had been, Disney would still be paying Amy Adams every time Giselle popped up on a lunchbox, coloring book, doll, etc.

As for Leia, Carrie Fisher has a signature statement that everytime she looked in the mirror, she had to pay George Lucas for her own reflection. The reason for that was because she fully signed away her likeness to Lucas for merchandise so she doesn't get even a penny for any bit of merchandise sold with her.

The Charmed situation has always been shrouded in mystery and confusion but I think Doherty refused to let the show use her likeness which is why there were never any photographs of her in the show, let alone flashbacks. She also refused to let any Charmed action figures be made of her and her likeness couldn't be used in the Charmed comics as well which is why Prue was resurrected in a new body. Yet, apparently Doherty was interested in coming back for the Charmed season finale (although I wonder how true that is. I think she might just be saying that because she wasn't asked back. If she had been asked back, I wouldn't be surprised if she would refuse) and she was interested in returning for a Charmed reunion, whether it would be more seasons of the old show or a movie.
ImageImage
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Amy Adams never told Disney that they couldn't use her likeness. The reason merchandise with Giselle was released initially was because Disney movies run on merchandise so Disney was willing to pay Amy Adams for using her likeness for the few months Enchanted was in theaters. However they were not ok with having to pay her continuously which is why more than 10 years later, Giselle is not a Disney Princess, because if she had been, Disney would still be paying Amy Adams every time Giselle popped up on a lunchbox, coloring book, doll, etc.

As for Leia, Carrie Fisher has a signature statement that everytime she looked in the mirror, she had to pay George Lucas for her own reflection. The reason for that was because she fully signed away her likeness to Lucas for merchandise so she doesn't get even a penny for any bit of merchandise sold with her.
Thanks for the answer. I know Carrie's contract was unfortunate for her, but I'm sure they could work on a better one with Amy? They still use Natalie Portman's Padme, or Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Swann. Or I don't know, the actors from Descendants/High School Musical etc. I kind of doubt they need to pay all of them, so it seems kind of weird nothing could be done with Amy. That's why I believed she was the one who declined, but I was wrong.