Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. But I'm glad they changed the opening narration to Julie Andrews and got rid of the other guy that was doing it.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Finally out on DVD in the UK today!

I picked up both the Blu-Ray and the DVD (with the bonus disk at HMV). My girlfriend has a Blu-Ray player so that's why I bought both. Can't wait to watch it tonight, but HD will have to wait for the weekend!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote::shock: Ariel's Prince! Tut tut tut .. .. .. Queen Narissa will get you if you are not careful ! :wink:
I need to be careful *go hiding*.
But I still have time :D we're getting it in Wednesday.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've just been told that the two older ladies at the ball towards the end of the movie are Illene Woods and Mary Costa .. .. did you guys know that ?! I had no clue!
Joshrzmeup
Special Edition

Post by Joshrzmeup »

^^not according to imdb they aren't.
User formerly known as LizzieMcGuire Image
Disney Princess Ariellen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Princess Ariellen »

Their names are Helen Stenborg and Anita Keal.

Here's some fun Enchanted trivia for you: the author of the book that Robert gives Morgan ("Important Women of Our Time") is Nora Kasarda, who is the Art Department Coordinator on the film. :)
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

That was actually one of my few gripes I had with Enchanted is why were there no cameos by Ilene Woods or Mary Costa, but the others. Were they offered roles, but had to turn them down, or just not interested? If they were, it seems to me that they would since they're both so proud of their roles and working with Disney. I think that the two women at the ball would have been a perfect part of them to be in.
-Tim
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I also think that they should have been the ladies at the ball,I think that also Linda Larkin and Ming-Na or maybe Lea Salonga (For both Mulan and Jasmine) should have been in the film,too.
Mary Costa is still alive? some Kingdom Hearts site said that Mary Costa was still alive before the first game was out :? anyway I"m glad if she is still alive:D.
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

I agree, I think it would have been neat too to see Larkin, Ming-Na, Lea Salonga in the movie. I just found it puzzling that for a movie that prides itself on referencing the first three Disney fairy tale films, they don't include the two surviving leading ladies. :p

And yep, Mary Costa is still alive and very much active. She was actually appointed as a member by President Bush to the National Council Of Arts in 2003 until she left in 2007. And as somebody pointed out in the Sleeping Beauty thread, she just recently recorded some new interviews for the upcoming Platinum. :)
-Tim
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Yeah :D too bad they didn't had a lot of Jasmine and Mulan references.
I"m really glad she's still alive :D I can't wait to see the interviews in the Sleeping Beauty PE :D.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Watched this tonight and thought it was really cute although I could see the ending coming an hour before it did.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I bought the DVD today :D I got a gift I already have so I changed in the store to this.
I"m really exited :D but I"m worried if I did a mistake,you know how I love Enchanted but I"m worried if they"ll make a 2 discs version later :( I don't think we"ll see a 2 discs DVD coming but I"m still worried :(,and no,I didn't bought any bonus disc.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Did anyone else notice that Enchanted's costume designer, Mona May, makes a cameo appearance as the sales woman in the first store that Giselle and Morgan go to? I was just watching it now, and I was like "HEY!" lol
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Okay,the DVD is very good actually,it's not 2 discs but it's very good :D I think that the only thing it needs is concept arts and that's all :D maybe also more things but still!.
The Behind The Scenes is good,delete-I"m glad this beginning was deleted! Pip was very nasty here (The hairball,the things he said to the guard),they just puted the Evil Queen from Snow White here and the book and titles are from Snow White? very cheap Disney :?,the Pip story was cute,the outtakes were funny,good DVD :D maybe it's my love to Giselle but still :D.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Since this thread is pretty dead I thought I'd post some random stuff I made when I was bored.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVx3UKDjNhc - A music video of "That's How You Know" with the 90s Disney Princesses.... :P

http://download.yousendit.com/A507EF1E5EE4F413 An mp3 of my own Prince Edward version of "True Love's Kiss" that I made.... 'cause I love James Marsden's voice! :brick:
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

Will we ever hear the "enchanted" duet by Marsden and Menzel?
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I'm thinking we will never hear it... until they release another version of the film on DVD. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Poody-Your clips are great :D.
Where's Flanger-Hanger? he whould like to see this:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs ... ryId=14758
And there's new Giselle pin!:
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs ... ryId=14754'
I think Giselle is getting to be like the old Princesses.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Those pins are soooo cute!!! :D
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Oh yes, I posted a link to that pin a while back. It's a nice one isn't it? His face is kinda weird though.