Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Vermin Friends wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but since I've never heard about it, and I've never seen it discussed here before, did you guys know about Narissa's deleted song, "Nobody Gets in My Way"?
The film gets very contemporary as it builds to a grand, fantasy finale, with Giselle even going shopping in Manhattan.

Alan: There was a lot of discussion about that sequence. At one point, we wrote a Queen Narissa song. We wanted to maybe have Narissa enter with a song called 'Nobody Gets in My Way.'
Source: LA Times.com (Nov. 7, 2007)

That's pretty interesting, and I'm very curious about how it would have worked out.
That's sounds very intersting,thanks for telling us :D.
And I thought about it-Maybe they wanted to do more with Enchanted so the DVD was a one disc edition? and maybe after 5 years they"ll make a Special Edition (Maybe just Blu-Ray?) with 2 discs? (That will also have this song?).
Kossage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kossage »

Vermin Friends wrote:I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but since I've never heard about it, and I've never seen it discussed here before, did you guys know about Narissa's deleted song, "Nobody Gets in My Way"?
Mr. Schwartz was kind enough to post lyrics of that song on the forums of his website. According to him the song would've been used when Narissa enters New York.
Stephen Schwartz wrote:NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY

Note: This song is for Narissa, but the intention is that it will be sung by a pop singer (with back-up vocals) on the soundtrack, and Narissa will sing along with or mouth some of the lines.

There are built in moments in the music for places her destructive magic can be used for punctuation - things crashing, shattering, people flying,etc., but I haven't indicated them here in the lyrics.

NARISSA

NEON ON BLACK LEATHER
STRIDING DOWN THE STREET
YOU SEE 'EM YOU BETTER DUCK (DUCK!)
DUCK AND RUN FOR COVER
BLOOD POUNDING, I NEVER
FELT SO STRONG A BEAT
MAY I SUGGEST, BOY, YOU RUN (RUN!)
RUN ON HOME TO MOTHER

I'D THINK YOU'D RECOGNIZE A WITCH
WHEN YOU'VE SEEN HER
AND KNOW THESE MEAN STREETS JUST
GOT A LITTLE MEANER

NOBODY, NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY
IF YOU WANT TO SEE TOMORROW
I'M HERE TO TELL YOU, IT'S HELL YOU WILL PAY
BETTER HEED WHAT I SAY
OR DON'T TO YOUR SORROW
I'VE HAD A BAD DAY
AND NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY!

TONIGHT IS MY HOUR
WATCH ME STRUT MY STUFF
WHO IS THIS BEAUTY IN BLACK? (WHO?)
A WOMAN ON A MISSION
I'M FEELING MY POWER
GOT MORE THAN ENOUGH
THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I LACK (WHAT?)
ANY INHIBITION

SO MAY I RECOMMEND SELF-PRESERVATION?
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN SO BAD (BAD!)
AT HANDLING FRUSTRATION

BETTER HEED WHAT I SAY
OR DON'T TO YOUR SORROW
HOW ROUGH CAN YOU PLAY?
'CAUSE I'LL PUSH IT TOO FAR, OH,
I'VE HAD A BAD DAY
AND NOBODY (NOBODY!)
NOBODY (NOBODY!)
NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY!
Although the song itself is kind of redundant narrative-wise, the lyrics are interesting in their "badass" attitude. It would've been interesting to hear this in the film.
Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Can't really judge it without it hearing it. Some songs sound ridiculus lyric-wise, but turn out really nice. Even now, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have a song for Narissa. It might've made her seem less out-of-place when she appears in the end.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Thanks for that :D sounds very intersting but does she sing it when she goes to New York or in Andalasia after she finds out that Giselle and Edward are going to get married?.
Does any other character has a deleted song? Giselle has any deleted song?.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Kossage wrote:
Mr. Schwartz was kind enough to post lyrics of that song on the forums of his website. According to him the song would've been used when Narissa enters New York.
Stephen Schwartz wrote:NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY

Note: This song is for Narissa, but the intention is that it will be sung by a pop singer (with back-up vocals) on the soundtrack, and Narissa will sing along with or mouth some of the lines.

There are built in moments in the music for places her destructive magic can be used for punctuation - things crashing, shattering, people flying,etc., but I haven't indicated them here in the lyrics.

NARISSA

NEON ON BLACK LEATHER
STRIDING DOWN THE STREET
YOU SEE 'EM YOU BETTER DUCK (DUCK!)
DUCK AND RUN FOR COVER
BLOOD POUNDING, I NEVER
FELT SO STRONG A BEAT
MAY I SUGGEST, BOY, YOU RUN (RUN!)
RUN ON HOME TO MOTHER

I'D THINK YOU'D RECOGNIZE A WITCH
WHEN YOU'VE SEEN HER
AND KNOW THESE MEAN STREETS JUST
GOT A LITTLE MEANER

BETTER HEED WHAT I SAY
OR DON'T TO YOUR SORROW
I'VE HAD A BAD DAY
AND NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY!

TONIGHT IS MY HOUR
WATCH ME STRUT MY STUFF
WHO IS THIS BEAUTY IN BLACK? (WHO?)
A WOMAN ON A MISSION
I'M FEELING MY POWER
GOT MORE THAN ENOUGH
THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I LACK (WHAT?)
ANY INHIBITION

SO MAY I RECOMMEND SELF-PRESERVATION?
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN SO BAD (BAD!)
AT HANDLING FRUSTRATION

BETTER HEED WHAT I SAY
OR DON'T TO YOUR SORROW
HOW ROUGH CAN YOU PLAY?
'CAUSE I'LL PUSH IT TOO FAR, OH,
I'VE HAD A BAD DAY
AND NOBODY (NOBODY!)
NOBODY (NOBODY!)
NOBODY GETS IN MY WAY!
Although the song itself is kind of redundant narrative-wise, the lyrics are interesting in their "badass" attitude. It would've been interesting to hear this in the film.
Man, thanks so much for posting this!

Very "Cruella De Vil"-esque, IMO. I would LOVE to hear it, because the lyrics themselves aren't that appealing (to me, at least), and I only really like the final paragraph.

I'm supposing, since nothing's come up about it, that the lyrics to the rumored "Enchanted" haven't been posted?

I read the forum post, and you can really tell that he actually cares about his fans, and I like that about people. :) Well, thanks a bunch Kossage! :D
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Kossage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kossage »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Thanks for that :D sounds very intersting but does she sing it when she goes to New York or in Andalasia after she finds out that Giselle and Edward are going to get married?
The song would've taken place during Narissa's arrival in New York. The song would've been sung by a pop singer (with back-up vocals) on the soundtrack, and Narissa would've sung along with or mouthed some of the lines.
Vermin Friends wrote:Man, thanks so much for posting this!

Very "Cruella De Vil"-esque, IMO. I would LOVE to hear it, because the lyrics themselves aren't that appealing (to me, at least), and I only really like the final paragraph.

I'm supposing, since nothing's come up about it, that the lyrics to the rumored "Enchanted" haven't been posted?
You're welcome.

I couldn't find the lyrics to "Enchanted" yet, but I'll keep on searching. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up eventually (either in Schwartz's forum or elsewhere).

I wonder if the melody for Narissa's song would've been the theme for Narissa that is actually used in the soundtrack in tracks such as "Narissa Arrives", although I can't really imagine that kind of Gothic tune sung by a pop singer (and the lyrics wouldn't necessarily match the rhythm of the melody itself).
Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Kossage wrote:I wonder if the melody for Narissa's song would've been the theme for Narissa that is actually used in the soundtrack in tracks such as "Narissa Arrives", although I can't really imagine that kind of Gothic tune sung by a pop singer (and the lyrics wouldn't necessarily match the rhythm of the melody itself).
Really nice idea, but I agree. Especially if it's being sung by a pop singer. Like you said, "Narissa Arrives" is very gothic, very dark, and if it's to be sung by a pop singer... I just can't really see it happening, and really... I'm sorta glad they decided to go the other way (using the made up words and gothic tune of "Narissa Arrives").

It could be possible that "Narissa Arrives" is a slower, uh... sharper (or flatter?) version of the melody they were using for "Nobody Gets in My Way", right? Alan Menken's scores incorporate the melody of the songs featured in their respective movies, so why wouldn't he do it with Enchanted, too?
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Kossage wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:Thanks for that :D sounds very intersting but does she sing it when she goes to New York or in Andalasia after she finds out that Giselle and Edward are going to get married?
The song would've taken place during Narissa's arrival in New York. The song would've been sung by a pop singer (with back-up vocals) on the soundtrack, and Narissa would've sung along with or mouthed some of the lines.
Oh,okay,thanks for explaining :D yeah,make sense,I also wonder if there's more deleted songs.
And by the way-There's a new DisneyMania who's ONLY about the Disney Princesses and only Giselle and the other Princesses are there (Even Pocahontas and Mulan),and prove that she's an official Disney Princess,see it here:
http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums ... mania.html
Only the official 9 Disney Princesses are there.
Anyway I consider her an official Disney Princess and always will,it's another prove she is official.
Disney Duster

Enchanted

Post by Disney Duster »

Sprince, one of the tracks on that CD is "It's Not Just Make Believe" which is from "Ella Enchanted". Is Ella an official Disney Princess? No. She was on a Disney Princess sing-along, and so was Alice, but they're not official. Giselle is still not an official Disney Princess. Only the 8 on the official web site are. And where's Jasmine or Belle songs?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Re: Enchanted

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I think they"re talking about the Disney Princess version,not about Ella Enchanted and they definitely won't add her,in the Princess Sing Alongs there was just a version of the song about all of the Princesses together and they changed the lyircs to make it about the Princesses,like-"I"m Cinderella at the ball" "I"m Beauty dancing with The Beast" "I"m Alice growing 20 feet tall" "I"m Ariel above the sea",the song itself has nothing to do with Ella Enchanted.
About Belle and Jasmine-Maybe they wanted to give the spotlight to other underrated Princesses? like Giselle,Pocahontas and Mulan?.
Last edited by Ariel'sprince on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Disney Duster wrote:Sprince, one of the tracks on that CD is "It's Not Just Make Believe" which is from "Ella Enchanted". Is Ella an official Disney Princess? No. She was on a Disney Princess sing-along, and so was Alice, but they're not official. Giselle is still not an official Disney Princess. Only the 8 on the official web site are. And where's Jasmine or Belle songs?
I think this is a problem with Disney Marketing.

Disney has already mentioned that Giselle won't be part of the official Princess. Yet, she is so heavily merchandise, referenced and even SUNG that it creates a lot of confusion on people.

I say if Giselle is NOT an official Princess keep her off the Princess merchandise. Or market her as the wonderful "Enchanted" character that she is. Just don't keep tossing her on and off.

Same with Alice and these other "guest" princesses.
ImageImageImageImage

yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

If they were gonna make a princess character from Enchanted, shouldn't it be Nancy rather then Giselle anyhow?
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

pap64 wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Sprince, one of the tracks on that CD is "It's Not Just Make Believe" which is from "Ella Enchanted". Is Ella an official Disney Princess? No. She was on a Disney Princess sing-along, and so was Alice, but they're not official. Giselle is still not an official Disney Princess. Only the 8 on the official web site are. And where's Jasmine or Belle songs?
I think this is a problem with Disney Marketing.

Disney has already mentioned that Giselle won't be part of the official Princess. Yet, she is so heavily merchandise, referenced and even SUNG that it creates a lot of confusion on people.

I say if Giselle is NOT an official Princess keep her off the Princess merchandise. Or market her as the wonderful "Enchanted" character that she is. Just don't keep tossing her on and off.

Same with Alice and these other "guest" princesses.
Sorry,but saying that she's not an official Princess is to me is like saying that Ariel or Aurora aren't official Princesses.
That aritcal could be wrong,it's not like Disney worte in their official that she's not an official Princess,not at all,this CD,the wedding dresses,Disney Princess UK website,Zazzle,Simba Toys and the new Halloween costumes just prove that she's official,she's not some Alice or Kida who get "pushed" to the line just because they ran out of Princesses but not anymore,they have Giselle,Tiana,Rapunzel and maybe Merida too so no more random girls in the line.
She screams for the franchise and not adding it's like not adding Cinderella or Ariel to the line.
I consider her official,she's not like Alice or Meg,she's official.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Re:

Post by Neal »

Here's a list of the Disney princesses - not from the franchise, though, just from the animated films and their sequels. The franchise has had such characters as Tinker Bell and Alice as 'princesses' and at the same time refused to add Kida and others. My list is purely based off the 51 canon Disney animated films and their sequels. Anyone who was called/referred to as a Princess, became a Princess or was a Princess in those films is included. I believe that makes the list more accurate than the silly 'franchise' (which is biased and arbitrary).

I do not include the live action films (which would add Ella and others). I do not consider the 'source material' (like the Hercules myth which would make Megara a princess). Broadway doesn't count (which would add such princesses as Aida). I go purely by Disney's finished product 51 canon animated films and all their subsequent sequels, prequels, and spin-offs.

I stick specifically to the rules of: 51 Disney canon films, and all their follow-ups. If the female was a princess from the start (Snow White), became one (Cinderella), or is called one (Pocahontas) I include them.

Obviously, any Queen in a Disney film/sequel was once a princess, but they don't count. That's speculative, we never actually saw it happen. However, if we saw them progress from princess to queen, they were included.

Giselle is not a real princess. She never got married to royalty and was not born royalty.

All that explained, here's my list of all the Disney/Pixar Animated Princesses Past and Future.

Princesses By Blood:

Princess Adella (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Alana (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Andrina (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Aquata (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
Princess Arista (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Atta (A Bug's Life)
Princess Attina (The Little Mermaid 3: Ariel's Beginning)
Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Princess Dot (A Bug's Life)
Princess Eilonwy, daughter of Angharad, daughter of Regat of the Royal House of Llyr (The Black Cauldron)
Princess Jasmine (Aladdin)
Princess 'Kida' Kidagakash (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Princess Melody (The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea)
Princess Merida (The Bear and the Bow)
Princess Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
Princess Su (Mulan 2)
Princess Ting-Ting (Mulan 2)
Princesses Mei (Mulan 2)
Princess [technically Chieftess] Pocahontas (Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World)
Princess [technically Chieftess] Tiger Lily (Peter Pan)
Princess Kiara [a Lion] (The Lion King II: Simba's Pride)

Princesses By Marriage:

Princess Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
Princess Cinderella (Cinderella)
Princess Nancy Tremaine (Enchanted)
Princess Rapunzel (Rapunzel)
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)

Defunct Princesses (We saw them as a Princess but they progressed):

Princess Nala [a Lion] (Lion King)

'Pretend' Princesses:

Princess Minnie (The Three Musketeers)
Will Barks
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Will Barks »

What is it about you and princesses? :roll:
I can't understand the general obsession :P .
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sprince, Disney UK also included "The Wild" as an Animated Classic, and it's not. So them including Giselle doesn't count. It just goes to show, other places get Disney wrong all the time. What Disney officially says is what goes, the articles, the consumer products site (here), and the official Disney Princess web site (here).

And it makes perfect sense not to have Giselle. She didn't become a princess in the movie, her film isn't an animated classic, she's a representation of all the Disney princesses before her, she's not based on a real fairy tale or legend, she doesn't live in a real place like Germany, France, or the Middle East, and she comes into the real world and turns real, losing all her Disney character magic.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I know you sorta dislike her because she makes animated characters looks flat but... Disney aren't always right at all,they also think that only 5 years old girls like Sleeping Beauty or Beauty And The Beast and that only 5 years old boys like Pirates Of The Carribbean or WALL-E,I don't think should see her flat,and like you said-She goes back in time into morden New York.
And the Consumer Procucts website only talks about things like Halloween costume,they did however said that Enchanted and Giselle are part of the Princesses line.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Disney Duster wrote:Sprince, Disney UK also included "The Wild" as an Animated Classic, and it's not. So them including Giselle doesn't count. It just goes to show, other places get Disney wrong all the time. What Disney officially says is what goes, the articles, the consumer products site (here), and the official Disney Princess web site (here).

And it makes perfect sense not to have Giselle. She didn't become a princess in the movie, her film isn't an animated classic, she's a representation of all the Disney princesses before her, she's not based on a real fairy tale or legend, she doesn't live in a real place like Germany, France, or the Middle East, and she comes into the real world and turns real, losing all her Disney character magic.
I agree. Giselle was never a princess. She was a "forest rat" who marries a lawyer. That would have been a step down if not for the fact she married Patrick Dempsey. :lol:
Disney Duster

Enchanted

Post by Disney Duster »

Yea, Giselle is a nice character but she is not enough like a Disney princess and the whole movie says bad, wrong things about Disney fairy tales.

You are right, though, sometimes Disney even gets themselves wrong, and they change their minds and are not clear.

Where did the consumer products site say Enchanted was part of Disney Princess? I remember it might have said that at one time, but that was before they decided Giselle wouldn't be a Disney Princess. The cast of 8 that the site lists is the official cast for now, until Tiana and the others come.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Ariel'sprince, does it even matter if Giselle (or any other Disney heroine) is official Disney Princess or not? Would you suddenly stop liking her if she wasn't? It's just a product line. There are several Disney heroines who I think are more worthy to be called Disney Princesses than few of those who are already in that line.

This whole Disney Princess thing is kind of similar to Disney's Platinum line. It doesn't mean Platinum titles are better than "regular" titles, it just means they are more marketable (and thus more profitable) than them. I mean, there's no way "Jungle Book" is better than "Dumbo" or "Rescuers". It's the same with Disney Princesses. The current eight "Princesses" are more marketable to little girls just because they have fancy dresses and sing nice songs.