DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:10 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Glad to see its 2-Disc - was worried it would only be one.

As said before, the extras and the presentation is almost identical to Finding Nemo. I just hope that: A. The change in aspect ratios during the film is preserved on Disc 2; B. the documentary on Disc 2 is longer than 25 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:13 pm 
Platinum Edition

I guess the "Paths of Discovery" on the second disc will be a series of short featurettes rather than a single documentary. I'll also be shocked if the "comedy" commentary is the only one - I'm sure the "enthusiast" disc will include a proper commentary. Disney just don't think it's worth mentioning (I hope).

I would say that the trailers are given despite not being mentioned. But after the Lion King, nothing is certain. :(

Still, good to see that they're only doing a 2 disc set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:31 pm 
Super Genius

Doesn't sound to bad really, not as great as say the Snow White platinum dvd or even a collector's edition like say Tarzan, but I love this movie so much I'll be definately buying this on the first day of release (whenever that is in the UK).

Well thats actually low in fat so you can eat as much of that as you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:21 pm 
Special Edition

i dont know w2hatto think i guess, i think that the dvd will reuse some of the making of footage tghat was on disney motion earlier in october

heres what i think they should have used as the cover

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/501954.jpg

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

2099net wrote:
I guess the "Paths of Discovery" on the second disc will be a series of short featurettes rather than a single documentary

Perhaps, but I doubt it'll be as bad as Lion King was - maybe like the "Epic at Sea" doc on Pirates.

Choco Bear wrote:
heres what i think they should have used as the cover

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/501954.jpg

Thats way too busy for a DVD cover - the European one is busy enough as it is.

I was hoping they would go with just a pic of Koda sitting on Kenai's head, with maybe the mountain in the background and thats it. That would've been good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:04 pm 
Platinum Edition

DVD Times is showing a slightly different cover:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedimag ... r1pack.jpg

Try this link if the cover doesn't work: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=6256

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:14 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Kenai looks a little weird on the cover - something about his face.

Also: why have the goats on there? They were in the movie for a total of about a minute and it wasn't like they were a big hit with the audience like Crush from Nemo.

Ah well, who cares about the cover. At least the release will be decent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:19 pm 
Limited Edition

The cover art on the main page looks more like a Region 2 cover. I think the cover art DVD Times shows is much more likely to be the Region 1 cover art. And I like it. It's not great, but it's less busy than the R2 art and focuses on main characters more. They look nice and cuddley too (which I'm sure will help drive up sales of the plush toys and merchendise.) And the background there, the peak, is beautiful. Not to mention the now-normal "2-Disc Special Edition" banner is very nicely done and in keeping with the mood of the movie and cover and not as obtrusive as on other recent covers, like Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland and A Bug's Life.

Odd that it's being called SE though -- since Masterpiece Edition seems to be their new band, one wonders why Brother Bear isn't being thrown in with that lot? Ah well, I like SE better, and all hope of any Disney consistancy in the names of their double-disc crop is lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:35 pm 
Special Edition

I'm really looking forward to it. I loved the movie. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:23 am 
The Lion King

i have just one fear:

I don´t know why, but the people that makes the brazilian dvd love full screen presentations (and here we always just have one version of the movie) so, if this dvd come to brazil, it is a 80% of chance of it be a full screen presentation.

Thiago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:31 am 
Platinum Edition

Jake Lipson wrote:
The cover art on the main page looks more like a Region 2 cover. I think the cover art DVD Times shows is much more likely to be the Region 1 cover art. And I like it. It's not great, but it's less busy than the R2 art and focuses on main characters more.

Wasn't the only difference the top banner strip and the logo box? Either way, I doubt it was the R2 cover. It only opened at the cinema on the 5th December in the UK! And other European countries don't seem to have it opening until mid-January to late February 2004. So already the incentive for mainland Europe going to see the film has been destroyed. And then they wonder why attendance may be down.

Jake Lipson wrote:
Odd that it's being called SE though -- since Masterpiece Edition seems to be their new band, one wonders why Brother Bear isn't being thrown in with that lot? Ah well, I like SE better, and all hope of any Disney consistancy in the names of their double-disc crop is lost.

Well Masterpiece is obviously for archive 2 disc releases. But Collector's Edition seemed to work Okay for the new 2 disc releases before. Not that it matters. But Special Edition is so generic and can be taken to mean alternative edits of Disney films. Strictly speaking, being as there is no other edition is shouldn't be Special or Collector's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

ThiagoPE wrote:
i have just one fear:

I don´t know why, but the people that makes the brazilian dvd love full screen presentations (and here we always just have one version of the movie) so, if this dvd come to brazil, it is a 80% of chance of it be a full screen presentation.

Thiago

I think that too... Even if "Brother Bear" gets a two-disc release, they will only include the non-original aspect ratio version. Hmmm, but "Roger Rabbit" and "Nemo" were released in widescreen here. But a "Brother Bear" with the ratio of 2.35:1 would be too "family-unfrendly".
Well, I think I will have to start saving money for the American version anyway. :roll:

I saw "Brother Bear" for the 5th time yesterday. Really loved it... I agree it may have its flaws, but it is a great movie that gives you good feelings. I wish I could tell the producers how I liked the film and how touching I though it was. The transformation scene is a masterpiece!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:04 pm 
Super Genius

well, Thiago and Joe, there's always a chance that the spanish-latinamerican dvd will include the portuguese track, almost all of our tittles include it....we always get widescreen in the leter releases, we even got the 2.35:1 sleeping beauty version only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:30 pm 
The Lion King

PheR wrote:
well, Thiago and Joe, there's always a chance that the spanish-latinamerican dvd will include the portuguese track, almost all of our tittles include it....we always get widescreen in the leter releases, we even got the 2.35:1 sleeping beauty version only.

Folowing what i know from disney brasil, the dvds comes with the latin spanish track because it is the same dvd selled there in mexico and in all latin america, but, not always the releases happens in the same time, so, we will have these 2:35:1 sleeping beauty dvd soon.

*What´s "leter release"? you mean letterbox releases?

Thiago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:45 pm 
Super Genius

ThiagoPE wrote:
What´s "leter release"? you mean letterbox releases?

Thiago

hahaha!!! sorry, I meant "later releases" like lion king, nemo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I bought the Brazilian "Finding Nemo", and I don't regret it. I think it is even better than the American version - we only got the widescreen version and the bonus features are all on the second disc (except the visual commentaries, of course) - I hate when they split the bonus material on two discs, like they did with "Roger Rabbit" and the zone 1 "Nemo".

As for "Brother Bear", I plan to get the American version anyway... I'm very picky with my "animated classics" collection, and I want to have them in the best version possible... And I'm almost sure the Brazilian DVD won't include the DTS track (which I'm looking forward to). Can't wait to have "Brother Bear" sitting on my shelf. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:56 am 
The Lion King

PheR wrote:
ThiagoPE wrote:
What´s "leter release"? you mean letterbox releases?

Thiago

hahaha!!! sorry, I meant "later releases" like lion king, nemo...

I think you was talking about letterbox releases....

here in brazil, (and may be in mexico too) the dvd hércules has been released in letterbox format. In my opinion, letterbox version are very stupid... why they can´t put the wide version on the dvd? (because the letterbox version is show when you are watching it on standard tvs)

Is hard to understyand it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:00 am 
The Lion King

Joe Carioca wrote:
As for "Brother Bear", I plan to get the American version anyway... I'm very picky with my "animated classics" collection, and I want to have them in the best version possible... And I'm almost sure the Brazilian DVD won't include the DTS track (which I'm looking forward to). Can't wait to have "Brother Bear" sitting on my shelf. :)

Joe, after the Lion King, I think disney latin perceived that the people wants more "quality" on its dvd, so, the dts track has a big chance to be in ours dvds. when i have more news from the brazilian version of the dv d i will tell you.

Let´s expect it.

Thiago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:13 pm 
Limited Edition

Some DVD sites are reporting that the DVD set will include theatrical trailers. If the DVD set does contain trailers, then why aren't they mentioned in the the offical press release. :? I wonder how the 1.66 : 1 video will look like on my TV.

Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Starion wrote:
Some DVD sites are reporting that the DVD set will include theatrical trailers. If the DVD set does contain trailers, then why aren't they mentioned in the the offical press release. :? I wonder how the 1.66 : 1 video will look like on my TV.

Later

Well, the theatrical trailers on the "Finding Nemo" DVD weren't adverstised neither.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next