Maleficent

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

If anything, it's likely to be animated, and probably a DTV. "cheapquel" probably shan't be used to dexcribe this, unless it's really, really bad.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Maleficent

Post by Disney Duster »

I just realized that first there was the Tinker Bell movie. Now there's the Maleficent movie.

OH ew will it be CGI, then, too? Oh it better not be a quadrilogy!

MadasaHatter, woah, I said that Maleficent was more evil than Lady Tremaine! But I said that does not make her a better villain, or a better character. Also, the Disney version of Cinderella is based on the Perrault story, where foot cutting never happened. However, Disney also seemed to base the movie partially on the Grimm's version, and that version's stepmother, but how much they intended is not known.

And Cinderella was definately not 2 when her father died. She looked like 5 or 6, but I secretly hope it was 8 so she only had ten years of torture.

Disney's Divinity, I dissapointedly say that Lady Tremaine was extremely likely not blind to her abuse of Cinderella. The film states she was, cold, cruel, and jealous of Cinderella's charm and beauty. There is always the possibility the narration is just the simple storybook reading and the film shows you what it really was like, but I'd trust the book myself. I feel that is what is intended.

ajmrolwand, one book or some source apparently alludes to Maleficent once being part of King Stephen's court, but leaving or being kicked out. But there is definately a history between the King, Queen, good fairies, and Maleficent, and that is part of why she curses their child, along with her pride, she is The Mistress of all Evil. Her as one of the four good fairies is a cool idea though, and who knows if maybe she was.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Maybe blind wasn't quite the right word? I meant that Tremaine's love for her own daughters and desire to see them succeed "blinded" her to how wrong her actions were. I didn't mean to say she wasn't aware of what she was doing, but that her behavior became so normal that she probably made herself immune to the fact that, "Hey, this is kind of wrong."

Also, I extremely doubt that Maleficent could have ever been part of three good fairies. The good fairies said they could only use their power for good. And Maleficent always used her powers for evil.

And because 3 is the perfect number, of course! :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Maleficent

Post by Disney Duster »

Maybe, I could see Lady Tremaine thinking she was actually doing what was best, though it was wrong. In the film, for instance, she punishes Cinderella because she believes Cinderella was playing a trick on her daughter. Still, I feel Lady Tremaine knew she was doing bad, maybe even in a "you must do bad to others to make your own life good" way.

The three good fairies could only use magic for good...but Merryweather planned on using magic for bad. She didn't turn Maleficent into a toad, but she turned Diablo into stone. It is uncertain whether they thought Merryweather was still doing good, for the sake of saving Aurora, or if the story tellers didn't think it through, because many people find logic flaws and story problems in Sleeping Beauty, though they say they tried realy hard to figure out the rules and how to handle the magic.

Three is the troika that Walt Disney deliberatey wanted the fairies to be, it was a magic number, so you are right about that! Still, maybe they were an imperfect four, and then Maleficent left and they became the truly good numbr of three...
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

No one answered my previous question. What kind of movie is this going to be? Animated or live action? WDFA or Toon Disney?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

We really don't know yet. I'd place my bets on DTV animation or live-action theatrical film. But once again, it's not set in stone.