MOD titles now being sold from the DMC

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

MOD titles now being sold from the DMC

Post by milojthatch »

UD member gardener14 brought this to my attention in the main Disney boards here, but it seems the Disney DVD-on-Demand titles are starting to be sold on the DMC. The full story below:

http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/20 ... ovie-club/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

Confirmed. Checked my account after reading your post. They are $20 each (or less if you buy more then one dvd with their monthly offers)
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

AliceinWonderland wrote:Checked my account after reading your post.
I had a feeling most would do that. Nothing that is not accurate will ever be posted by Open Vault Disney. However, I even had to check this myself after I was told about it. It kind of goes against some things my contact told me some time ago after I brought this very idea up, but maybe I should not be surprised that it happened anyway?

I don't know what the flyers say as the most recent one I got didn't mention these titles, but my only real beef here is that it looks like there is no mention for any of these titles that they are DVD-on-Demand. And I'll bet there will be many who have DMC memberships and have never heard about these releases. I have to question the ethics of not listing that fact, but past that, I'm very happy to see this as a matter of fact. Great news!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

The printed catalog does not mention that these titles are made on demand which is disappointing. I can't scan the page, but I can describe it for you.

The multi-page, staple bound catalog has a single page dedicated to the Disney Generation Collection. The caption across the top of the primarily blue toned page reads, "Rare finds from the Disney Generations Collection." The collection is described below that as follow:

Straight from the Disney archives, comes a collectible series of films sure to capture the hearts of devoted fans and Disney collectors. Experience the magic of the Disney Generations Collection. These warm and wonderful classics will delight audiences of all ages.

The rest of the page is devoted to the four titles being offered with the usual photo, description, and price ($19.99) for each. They are each labeled as dvd fullscreen, but not dvd-r or anything to indicate the made on demand status.

The collections description emphasizes collectors and collectible. I think that implies quality like the Treasures line, so that aspect is a bit misleading given the poor quality of the transfer in most cases.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Yes, that is very misleading. I'm really sad that Walt's company would be ok with that and very much feel they need to make mention of what they are on the DMC. Past that, I'm still happy they are being sold this way as well. Thanks for sharing what was on the flyer. Mine didn't say anything about it.

-Walt Disney
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Justin Morgan Had a Horse is only $15.99 right now on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Justin-Morgan-Had ... EV7KJWR272
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Papa Bear...

Amazon must have saw your post and changed it to $17.99 now...I have Amazon Prime and it shows that price for me...

Unless you are a super Prime?

Chris
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Yes Amazon is good about changing prices back and forth I would just add it your cart and watch for it to drop again.