DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Escapay wrote:
Widdi wrote:
Holy crap, I just noticed that something other than DVDs made it into this pic...

And pointing that fact out was probably not my smartest idea.

Yes, we are all shocked that you'd have a...TV in the picture. ;)

It's quite an interesting arrangement of DVDs, Widdi. I never would have put Meet the Robinsons next to Sleeping Beauty, or stack Peter Pan on atop of The Emperor's New Groove. :P

Albert

Or are you referring to that thing that's next to BATB in front of the TV?

Oh crap! hahahaha :lol::lol::lol:

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm 
Special Edition

This is my Disney DVD collection. Its even changed since I took this picture having found a copy of BATB platinum 5 days ago. I know there are a few VHS's in there but i am pretty proud of it seeing as I just started collecting in March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 am 
Special Edition

Kendris wrote:
I started collecting almost two years ago when The Little Mermaid came on on DVD in Oct. 2006.

Me, too!

Kendris wrote:
I have a mediocre 24 DVDs so I won't post the pics. Mostly DACs which is my focus right now. A lot of those that I want (Snow White, Pinnochio, etc) are OOP.

Better than me! lol My main collection is TV shows, I have seasons 1-8 of Charmed, 1-2 (3 soon) of Ghost Whisperer, 1 and 2 of Joan of Arcadia, and 1 of Lost. However, I have recently found interest (through this amazing community) in getting my hands on some of the classics (old and new) Disney movies on DVD. My main focus is the main princess films (meaning, excluding The Black Cauldron). I also have a few live-action titles, and a couple of DTV (although I have the main ones on VHS).

Kendris wrote:
Shops that sell used DVDs are great.

I know, right? lol Just last year I found out about a DVD store that's been sitting in front of me my whole life, "Suncoast"- it's really great because I can get my favorite LA titles cheap (I actually just went yesterday and got "Legally Blonde" and "White Chicks". In my last trip I got "Music and Lyrics", "Charlie's Angels" (1 and 2), "Ice Princess" and "The Tuxedo" all used ($4-7), and new "Mean Girls" and "The Parent Trap" (Lohan) REALLY cheap ($12-16). I'm waiting to find some used PE titles).

So anyway, my Disney DVD Collection includes...
The Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition)
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning
Cinderella (Platinum Edition)
Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time
Aladdin (Platinum Edition)
Pocahontas (Special Edition)
Brother Bear

Monster's Inc.
Finding Nemo

Mary Poppins (40th Anniversary)
Enchanted (of COURSE)
The Parent Trap (Lohan)
Freaky Friday (Lohan)
The Haunted Mansion
The Pacifier
National Treasure
Pirates of the Caribbean (1-3, but it's my sister's)
Princess Diaries 2 (also my sister's; I want to get my hands on the first one)
The Chronicles of Narnia (1, my sisters)

I also have "Disney Channel Holiday" (back when I didn't completely despise the network), and "Mickey's House of Villains"- I actually watched it recently and still liked it, it's pretty great.

My biggest regret is "Tarzan and Jane". I watched it when I bought it, liked it, but haven't watched it since earlier this year, and I hated it. If Disney Duster hated TLM:AB's animation, I think he'd probably go insane if he saw T&J's.

On my wishlist (those in bold I already have on VHS):
Sleeping Beauty
The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea
Beauty and the Beast
Alice in Wonderland
Mulan
Tarzan
Hercules
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Lilo and Stitch
Snow White

I actually came across Tarzan's SE, as well as Mulan's SE and her box set, but at $24 and $34 (respectively), I'd rather wait. I'm also pretty ashamed that I don't have Sleeping Beauty, Tarzan, Hercules, or Hunchback on VHS, seeing as they really are great films. :(

So, I guess I rambled enough. :P Great collections, everyone! I'm so jealous. To those who have HUGE collections, where do you go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 am 
Platinum Edition

Vermin Friends wrote:
Just last year I found out about a DVD store that's been sitting in front of me my whole life, "Suncoast"

I miss Suncoast. They closed the ones at my mall (then again, there's like, 4 malls I can reach in any direction), the only one left is all the way in Hamilton and that's a 30-minute drive (on a good day). But I used to get nearly all my used DVDs there. It's amazing what kind of prices they have there.

Vermin Friends wrote:
My biggest regret is "Tarzan and Jane". I watched it when I bought it, liked it, but haven't watched it since earlier this year, and I hated it. If Disney Duster hated TLM:AB's animation, I think he'd probably go insane if he saw T&J's.

Well, it is just three of the TV episodes with interstitial animation, so that's to be expected. :P

Vermin Friends wrote:
I actually came across Tarzan's SE, as well as Mulan's SE and her box set, but at $24 and $34 (respectively), I'd rather wait.

Whoa, you passed on the two-disc of Tarzan?!? Or was it the single-disc from 2005? If it's the latter, that's forgiveable as $24 is much too much for that crappy cutdown. But if it's the former, the $24 would have totally been worth it.

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am 
Special Edition

Escapay wrote:
Vermin Friends wrote:

Well, it is just three of the TV episodes with interstitial animation, so that's to be expected. :P

Totally. But unfortunately, at the time I thought it was a full sequel. :(

Escapay wrote:
Vermin Friends wrote:
I actually came across Tarzan's SE, as well as Mulan's SE and her box set, but at $24 and $34 (respectively), I'd rather wait.

Whoa, you passed on the two-disc of Tarzan?!? Or was it the single-disc from 2005? If it's the latter, that's forgiveable as $24 is much too much for that crappy cutdown. But if it's the former, the $24 would have totally been worth it.

I'm not sure which one it is, but this was the cover:

There were two brand new copies of it, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:58 am 
Platinum Edition

Ah, okay. That's the crappy single-disc cutdown from 2005 (where it was a two-disc all over the world, but Disney decided that in R1 a single-disc would be enough, even if initial reports and ads said it'd be a two-disc set like its old 2000 DVD...the bastards.)

albert

WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:40 am 
Special Edition

Escapay wrote:
Ah, okay. That's the crappy single-disc cutdown from 2005 (where it was a two-disc all over the world, but Disney decided that in R1 a single-disc would be enough, even if initial reports and ads said it'd be a two-disc set like its old 2000 DVD...the bastards.)

albert

*phew

Thank groodness. I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself if I let something that great get away. Thanks for clearing that up, Escapay! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 pm 
Special Edition

Yeah, that is my pathetic collection. I just started this summer though and I did not include my numerous VHS.

Does anyone know of a good store to buy Used DVDs here in Canada?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:50 pm 
Special Edition

What area of Canada do you live in Coolmanio?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:57 pm 
Limited Edition

Hock/Pawn Shops have been my "Promise Land" of sorts when it comes to finding Disney DVDs here in Canada.

Here are just a few titles I've picked up at them:

Beauty and the Beast: Platinum Edition - $15
The Lion King: Platinum Edition - $15
Aladdin: Platinum Edition - $10
Bambi: Platinum Edition - $10

Along with about 15 other non-platinum titles ranging in price from $3 (Brother Bear: Special Edition) to $10 (Alice in Wonderland: Masterpiece Edition).

Also be sure to keep your eyes open at Thrift Stores. I've made my best find ever at a Value Village store in Sudbury, Ontario (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Platinum Edition - $4.99).

Blockbuster's Previously Used rack is also a handy thing. I Picked up Sleeping Beauty: Special Edition there for $20.

Good hunting to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:12 pm 
Special Edition

Ok, I live in Calgary, Alberta. ( I acutally live 5 minutes out of it)

And I have looked at my used racks in Blockbuster and VHQ and found nothing, just previously viewed new movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 pm 
Limited Edition

It really is a treasure hunt, and you gotta be patient and vigilant. You're not gonna get lucky every time, but when you do it feels so sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 pm 
Special Edition

Ok, thank you!

I guess I may have to venture into Calgary and go into some Pawn Shops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:32 pm 
Limited Edition

Good luck to you.

I'm sure in a bigger city like Calgary Pawn Shops are plentiful and have a lot more patrons than ones in my small little town. I'm sure lightning will strike at least once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm 
Special Edition

I only started really collecting like two years ago, but I'm proud of what I have. It's continuously growing, but this is my first time posting it.

Here's a picture of some stuffed animals my friends gave me through the years:

The Timon is extra special because my Nan sewed a bootleg hula dress for my Timon toy because I LOVED the hula scene from The Lion King (and still do).

I also have a Little Mermaid snow globe and an Alice in Wonderland snow globe on my DVD shelf, but only the Little Mermaid one is pictured. I have a few others in the basement, but they don't fit in my room. I also have a Peter Pan snow globe of Captain Hook's ship on my DVD player. :)

The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009

Last edited by Thomas J on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm 
Special Edition

Im sure it will too. And if gas wasnt so expensive, I would be going ASAP.

Ill keep everyone updated with my finds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:17 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Coolmanio wrote:
Im sure it will too. And if gas wasnt so expensive, I would be going ASAP.

Ill keep everyone updated with my finds.

Coolmanio,

Try EB Games. Here in Kelowna I once found Walt Disney Treasures: On the Front Lines for $9.99, and it was complete with tin and certificate of authenticity.

Also, even though they aren't used, try Toys R Us. They seem to have new DVDs sit on the shelf there for quite a while. Just a couple of months ago they still had Bambi II on the shelf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:46 pm 

Thomas J wrote:
I only started really collecting like two years ago, but I'm proud of what I have. It's continuously growing, but this is my first time posting it.

I'm very impressed with your collection after only 2 years! :) This thread makes me want to buy more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm 
Special Edition

Barbossa wrote:

Coolmanio,

Try EB Games. Here in Kelowna I once found Walt Disney Treasures: On the Front Lines for $9.99, and it was complete with tin and certificate of authenticity.

Also, even though they aren't used, try Toys R Us. They seem to have new DVDs sit on the shelf there for quite a while. Just a couple of months ago they still had Bambi II on the shelf.

I have checked 1 or 2 EBgames and I dont know if they carry Used DVDs anymore, but like I said before I will have to go in to Calgary soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 pm 
Special Edition

katielb wrote:
Thomas J wrote:

I'm very impressed with your collection after only 2 years! :) This thread makes me want to buy more.

Thank you! :D

The Little Mermaid - December 12, 2007, December 22, 2007 & January 7, 2009
Mary Poppins - February 1, 2009

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 51  Next