The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collection'

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Re: The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collecti

Post by REINIER »

Lucky find.. That being said..Peter Pan and Aladdin and Little Mermaid are the ones I'm after. Glad you like them too
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I’ve never posted my movie collection before! Here it is, with some special pics from my time in the parks, too.

https://imgur.com/a/Y6Z8Gr1

http://umbrellafish.filmaf.com/owned (and a list of the movies I own)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Wow, your collection is amazing! You have a huge amount of movies but that signed Paige O'Hara painting must be the crown jewel of your collection. That and those Jodi Benson snaps! It's too bad you missed out on seeing her but maybe in the future you'll get another chance. :)
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thank you! In this day and age when people are opting for digital purchases and streaming services more and more, I probably do have a lot of movies, but my collection is nothing compared to what the folks had on here in the forum’s heyday. I’m very curious what’s become of Reyquila as he stopped updating his list of movies in 2015, I think.

The memory attached to the painting is very special, of course! It sounds corny but the year I spent working at Disney was a time when many longtime, childhood dreams came true.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I’m very curious what’s become of Reyquila as he stopped updating his list of movies in 2015, I think.
To be honest, I forgot all about him until last October when his name popped up in conversation.
UmbrellaFish wrote:The memory attached to the painting is very special, of course! It sounds corny but the year I spent working at Disney was a time when many longtime, childhood dreams came true.
Hold the phone, when were you working here at WDW? Wish I knew before you left, I could have added you to my list of "UD Members I Met In Walt Disney World"! (At last count, I was at 27 but 2018 and 2019 have been a dry spell as I've largely gone to lurker mode here.)

Was this Paige's appearance at the 2018 Festival of the Arts or the 2019 Festival of the Arts? I missed out last year, but saw her in 2018.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Escapay wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:The memory attached to the painting is very special, of course! It sounds corny but the year I spent working at Disney was a time when many longtime, childhood dreams came true.
Hold the phone, when were you working here at WDW? Wish I knew before you left, I could have added you to my list of "UD Members I Met In Walt Disney World"! (At last count, I was at 27 but 2018 and 2019 have been a dry spell as I've largely gone to lurker mode here.)
Oh wow! I did the DCP from May 2018 to May 2019, the first half of my program I was custodial at Boardwalk and then the second half I was a park greeter at Magic Kingdom. It’s really dumb, but whenever I was out and about on site and could people watch I’d sort of keep an eye out for any faces I might have recognized from pics on this site and other Disney sites. I knew pap worked there so I always wondered if I’d run into him! On an old VMK forum, I had a friend named PlutoPup who I lost touch with after Disney shuttered the game. Since we were a similar age and had similar interests, I always fantasized that somehow we’d meet up again on the DCP, but alas it was not to be! In the end the only person I ended up recognizing was the YouTube Tim Tracker guy when I was putting an event wristband on him haha.

Gosh, though, it’s dangerous to get me talking about my DCP because I won’t ever shut up about it!
Escapay wrote:Was this Paige's appearance at the 2018 Festival of the Arts or the 2019 Festival of the Arts? I missed out last year, but saw her in 2018.
It was actually Valentines Day 2019 (I was alone lol). A coworker at the Boardwalk had told me he met her at the Festival in 2018 and that’s the only reason I knew about it. She was so lovely to meet!

I also met Disney historian Jeff Kurtti at Epcot. He was doing a book signing for his new Poppins book and I just happened to wander into the park that day. We had a one-on-one conversation for an hour about everything Mary Poppins which was just... I mean, where else in the world could you do that?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

2 Things ...

First, moreso than getting a peek of your extensive movie collection I was far more delighted to finally get to see a photograph of you UmbrellaFish, especially after all these years! :) :) :D You look a lot tougher than I imagined, what with the shaved head and all, lol! I'm sorry I drew you so much like a wimp in that old Portrait Series avatar many years back. You would have TOTALLY owned that cliff you were falling off of. :) 8)

In retrospect, I think your love for all things classic musicals and Julie Andrews gave me rather different mental image of you. I recall you're about 5 years younger than me (I'm 30 now) but I've always pictured you as having a very boyish, teenager-like look even up till now! :wink:

Secondly ...

For shame Scaps! For shame! How could you POSSIBLY forget reyquila!!? :lol: :P My, how we used to roast him for his 'mindless' DVD collecting! I made a Portrait Series avatar of him as well back then. He never commented though.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Oh wow! I did the DCP from May 2018 to May 2019, the first half of my program I was custodial at Boardwalk and then the second half I was a park greeter at Magic Kingdom.
Ahh, that's really cool! Boardwalk has always been one of my favorite walking spots with my friends, so I probably might have passed you without even realizing it. :lol:
UmbrellaFish wrote:On an old VMK forum, I had a friend named PlutoPup who I lost touch with after Disney shuttered the game. Since we were a similar age and had similar interests, I always fantasized that somehow we’d meet up again on the DCP, but alas it was not to be!
Don't give up on finding PlutoPup. It might just take longer than you expect, and could well be worth the wait!
Jules wrote:For shame Scaps! For shame! How could you POSSIBLY forget reyquila!!? :lol: :P
It's a psychological condition called Selective Retention. We remember what we want to remember and we forget what we want to forget. :P

Alby
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Jules wrote:2 Things ...

First, moreso than getting a peek of your extensive movie collection I was far more delighted to finally get to see a photograph of you UmbrellaFish, especially after all these years! :) :) :D You look a lot tougher than I imagined, what with the shaved head and all, lol! I'm sorry I drew you so much like a wimp in that old Portrait Series avatar many years back. You would have TOTALLY owned that cliff you were falling off of. :) 8)

In retrospect, I think your love for all things classic musicals and Julie Andrews gave me rather different mental image of you. I recall you're about 5 years younger than me (I'm 30 now) but I've always pictured you as having a very boyish, teenager-like look even up till now! :wink:
I remember that portrait very well! And I was always flattered by it!

I’m very much a softy in person. I guess I can be intimidating but I think I have a smiley, baby face, too. But I’ve never been waifish! I was a tall kid and obese. I’m still tall but my weight has fluctuated wildly in the past few years. Maintaining weight loss is hard and post-Disney I’ve swung back up again. As for the shaved head— I began losing my hair in high school. I was lucky that people were generally polite enough not to bring it up because back then it would have really hurt me. Nevertheless, I was still award of my hair loss and was self conscious about it the whole time— I had some terrible combovers! The week before I graduated I shaved my head (I didn’t want to fix my hair every time I took the cap on and off) and it’s been that way ever since. I like it and think it suits me! Although, when I’m an old man I do want to try a Ben Franklin cut.
Escapay wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:Oh wow! I did the DCP from May 2018 to May 2019, the first half of my program I was custodial at Boardwalk and then the second half I was a park greeter at Magic Kingdom.
Ahh, that's really cool! Boardwalk has always been one of my favorite walking spots with my friends, so I probably might have passed you without even realizing it. :lol:
Oh how funny! Now I can add you to my list of people I missed seeing at Boardwalk— I took the ADO the night Neil Patrick Harris visited Jellyrolls... The Boardwalk is a beautiful place, though and I made some of my best friends on my CP there.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That was so cute! I never thought I needed to see Paige O'Hara interact with Gaston until now lol. Thank you for sharing.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

This popup book just arrived in the mail today: https://youtu.be/qa_7h0pMLFY

I’m in love with it... it’s like a real magic book. Popup books have certainly improved since I was a child!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

That is MAGICAL!!! I audibly gasped at Cinderella's transformation. Rapunzel's tower is very impressive. The whole book is amazing and I had a smile on my face watching that!! I was worried that Aurora wouldn't be included since she isn't on the cover, but I'm glad that she is in there (Merida too).
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I have that pop-up, too. It's beautiful. They also did one for Frozen and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I have yet to buy those, but meanwhile, the designs are just gorgeous. One has to be extra careful when handling these, the pop-up scenes are super fragile.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

My humble Disney doll collection part 1
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

My humble Disney doll collection part 2
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

My humble Disney doll collection part 3 (also excuse my dirty carpet!!!)
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Those are beautiful!!!! I especially love the Snow White one and the last Cinderella one! But they're all so nice!!! How do you display or keep them?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Those are beautiful!!!! I especially love the Snow White one and the last Cinderella one! But they're all so nice!!! How do you display or keep them?
You pinpointed my two favorites! I kept checking the Snow White and the second Cinderella doll on eBay because I thought they were so pretty. Then I took the plunge and those were the first two I ordered.

Right now they are in a stack in my closet. I’m hoping to get my own place in the near-ish future, and then I might display them with my movie collection? I’m also not sure if I should take them out the box and put them inside little plexi display cases when that time comes. It seems a shame to remove them from their boxes, but I’m not sure those cardboard boxes are actually the best way to preserve them and at least if I put them in the plexi cases I could see them from all angles. Anyone with experience caring for dolls, let me know what I should do!
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Snow White and the 50th Anniversary Cinderella dolls are gorgeous!