The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collection'

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collecti

Post by blackcauldron85 »

“Plastic and twist ties can cause harm and degrade dolls,”...Justice keeps his own beloved doll collection on display away from direct sunshine, because like with humans, light ages dolls. He also turns off artificial bulbs when he’s not in the room. And his dolls are behind glass to prevent dust. At the most extreme, museums recommend storing antiques at 71 degrees Fahrenheit and 42% humidity...“Absent that, the temperature and humidity should, as a minimum, be held at a constant level,” said Engelage. “Also, halogen lighting should be avoided completely because of the intense heat that is generated inside lighted cabinets. We recommended LED lighting and a clear window film to block UV sunlight.”
(and then the article has options for non-display storage) https://www.publicstorage.com/blog/stor ... king-young
I would recommend keeping them in a climate controlled area - if they are in their plastic cases - you may want to keep them in a different box - like cardboard, that allows for better circulation.

https://www.fashion-doll-guide.com/wher ... dolls.html

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/preserv ... ips-775182

https://www.familytreemagazine.com/pres ... old-dolls/
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thank you for the info, Amy! I have looked up some of it before. I think I may buy some Lucite cases...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Great dolls Brelly! I own Cinderella's Signature Collection doll and I at least used to have that first Ariel one, that my grandparents bought me! I know that the Cinderella 50th Anniversary doll started out as being part of a planned collection to release dolls in fashions that more fitted the time periods of their movies. Cinderella's outfit however looks way more 17th and 18th century fitting than the 19th century setting of her film. They decided to scrap the idea for the line of more time period accurate dolls after Cinderella anyway. I I like the Signature Collection doll more true to her film fashion myself, but now that I see Cinderella's 50th kind of looks like the original fairy tale's late 17th century fashions I want it now, lol. But I won't get it. My wallet can only handle my most wanted dolls! I also noticed the stairs behind Cinderella in her 50th Anniversary box are the ones from the Brandy Cinderella palace.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thanks Duster! There is actually a Snow White doll which is, I think, also a part of the same line as the Cinderella 50th doll. Here is a video review of that doll: https://youtu.be/C67O9eCXkmw. I don’t have this one yet, but it’s definitely on my “Want” List. But yes, after Cindy and Snow White I don’t think any more of these dolls were released which I think is a shame. Even if they weren’t actually very historically accurate, they are still very pretty!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

UmbrellaFish! I have all those Disney princess dolls except for the Valentine Ariel! I also had that Enchanted Snow White at one point but had to sell her when I was in need of some cash. Wonderful dolls and Mattel at their best!

I should post pics of some of my stuff, but Im dealing with a baaaad black ant infestation in one of my rooms where a big part of my collectibles are stored right now. (It happen every summer but this time its really bad.) :huh:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, then I must have gotten misinformation, or just got the information wrong myself. But that Enchanted Snow White doll is gorgeous! Thanks, Brelly!

Aw, unprincess, I hope your ant situation doesn't destroy your collections! I hope it is resolved soon and never comes back in the future!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

ugh spent half the day dealing with it. I think the colony is behind one of the walls with the window but theyre also coming out of the light fixture on the ceiling! Its annoying b/c I have so many things in that room and they get into everything. :-x
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no I am so sorry unprincess! :( Maybe you can get an exterminator to help?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

we cant afford an exterminator right now though if it gets worse we might... what we really need is to tent the whole apartment (b/c we have termites too)but the unit is an extension of a house, if we have to do the whole house that might be even more expensive. So Im trying to keep the bugs at bay on my own for now until summer is over(after summer when the heat/humidity starts to dissipate they seem to go away/hibernate for 6 months)

I don't think they'd do damage to my collectables...they just have an gross annoying habit of dying inside boxes, and I have to throw them out. And I have to be careful if i decide to sell something on eBay later on, don't want a dead ant/ants stowing away inside. :P
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: The New, Improved, 'Post a Photo of Your Disney Collection'

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I’ve been collecting Disney mugs since 2018! Here is my drinkware collection (mostly Renaissance movies, parks-related, and Poppins themed mugs!): https://imgur.com/a/6O2vGlo
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

You have a beautiful collection! I love the Hercules mug and the Chip cup. Are all of them decorative or do you use any of them?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Thank you! I have used a few of them, but they are mostly just decorative now.