DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 am 
Special Edition

Here is an update...

1. Finding Nemo
2. Cars
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters Inc
5. Ratatouille
6. Toy Story
7. A Bug's Life
8. Toy Story 2

But I have to say that Pixar movies are my favorites... I love them all! It's difficult for me to rank them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 am 
Gold Collection

1 The Incredibles - I loved every bit of this movie and it really took the medium to great new heights.
2 Finding Nemo - It stirs the imagination quite wonderfully and it looks absolutely beautiful, plus the story is something that'll last for generations
3 Ratatouille - This film spoke to me, it is a love song to Paris and the arts in general.
4 Monsters Inc. - cute and cuddly and has tremendous heart, especially towards the end.
5 Toy Story 2 - I'm a huge fan of movies expanding their universes and Toy Story did it so well.
6 Toy Story - brilliant and adorable story which set up the tone and feel of its predecessors
7 Cars - Probably the most mainstream and 'current' of the Pixar films, which is why i don't really see it becoming as timeless as the others.
8 A Bugs Life - I dunno, something felt missing with this movie, oh I got it, there wasn't enough 'heart' in the film to really drive it home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 pm 
Limited Edition

This is going to be tough... I haven't actually watched some of these in the last 3 years, although I enjoy them. I'm not really a fan of Randy Newman, although his songs seem to fit the movies.

For me, these top 6 titles are probably almost neck & neck.

1. The Incredibles (2004) - I watched this 3 times in 2005, once in 2006, once in 2007... I really enjoy this film, maybe because it is more adult than the others (I'm 38 years old.) I am a big super hero fan, as well. Everything in this was dead-on, from the music, to the story, to the characters, to the animation.

2. Ratatouille (2007) - I just watched this for the first time. Again, I felt that the more adult story was very enjoyable. I am a "foodie" so this was great on that aspect as well. Again, I loved all parts of the film: music, story, characters, animation, setting, etc.

3 & 4. Toy Story (1995)/Toy Story 2 (1999) - I'm going to combine these two. It's hard for me to decide which I like better. Toy Story launched Pixar and the CG film genre, and has a lot of classic moments. Toy Story 2 has it's own great moments. I have the deluxe laserdisc box set of tihe first one.

5. Monsters, Inc. (2001) - I love this movie as well. Mike, Sulley, and Boo are great characters.

6. A Bug's Life (1998) - Even though this is rated #6, the difference between it and the others is very slight. I really like the circus troupe bugs, and several of the ant characters.

=====

7. Cars (2006) - I watched it once in 2006. I enjoyed this more than most of the other CG offerings that year, it's not ranked lower than the other Pixar titles because it's bad, just because the top 6 rise above everything else. However, it is a couple notches above Finding Nemo, IMHO.

=====

8. Finding Nemo (2003) - Without saying I dislike it, this is probably my least favorite Pixar film. I can't stand Ellen, although her character ranged from mildly annoying to even a bit likeable in this film. It seems like there was a bunch of "parents finding their lost kid" films around that time, and this one didn't really stand out from the pack.

=-=-=-=-=
"OTHER" Disney CG Films:
=-=-=-=-=

Meet the Robinsons (2007) - Depending on my mood, I *MIGHT* rate this above Cars, and probably above Finding Nemo. I enjoyed this, and I have a soft spot for stories where people from our time go into the future... However, this was almost "TOO" kiddy, it didn't have enough for the adults to enjoy.

Valiant (2005) - I enjoyed this one, it was a different story than you usually see in animation.

Chicken Little (2005) - I enjoyed this, however, I think I would probably rate it lower than any of the Pixar films, except *MAYBE* Finding Nemo. I think I would rate it above Treasure Planet and Atlantis.

The Wild (2006) - I think I preferred Madagascar better. This was another of those "lost kid" films like Finding Nemo, although I probably prefer Finding Nemo.

Dinosaur (2000) - I have this, I don't think I've actually seen it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:31 am 
Platinum Edition

As when I ranked the DACs, I feel I must say that I do love all the Pixar films. I definitely have 2 (maybe 3) real favorites, and one in last place, so numbers 3-7 or 4-7 probably change around sometimes.

1. Cars
2. Ratatouille
3. Monsters, Inc.
4. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story 2
6. Toy Story
7. A Bug's Life
8. The Incredibles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:39 am 
Gold Collection

Although I don't have a dislike for any of Pixar's films, here is my personal preference list-

1. Finding Nemo
2. Ratatouille
3. Toy Story 2
4. The Incredibles
5. Cars
6. Monsters Inc
7. A Bugs Life
8. Toy Story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:24 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I thought now would be a good time to bump this thread, with Wall-E's theatrical release today in the states. I would love to see/hear how everyone here thinks Wall-E measured up in comparison to the previous Disney/Pixar films.

I still need to take some more time to absorb Wall-E, but I think this is about how my list would look:

1. Toy Story/Toy Story 2
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. Wall-E
5. A Bugs Life
6. Ratatouille
7. Monster's Inc.
8. Cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:21 am 
Collector's Edition

I'm also still taking in Wall-E. It was definitely thought-provoking and layered in a way I haven't experienced in a movie for a while. I'd also need to revisit some of the older Pixars, as I believe the last time I saw Monsters was when it came out! But, here's my list off the top of my memory:

1. Wall-E
2. Monsters Inc.
3. A Bug's Life
4. Toy Story 2
5. Finding Nemo
6. The Incredibles
7. Toy Story
8. Ratatouille
9. Cars

The first 8 are pretty close together in rakings. It's Cars that drops off, though certainly a much better film that most of the crap out there.

- Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:51 am 
Limited Edition

I've been re-watching the Pixar movies lately and I've seen Wall-E three times already (went this morning out of boredom, went this afternoon cause the ticket was free and I had nothing else to do, went with my friends to the late show cause I loved it that much), so I think I can judge it fairly.

1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story 2
3. Finding Nemo
4. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story
6. Monsters, Inc
7. Ratatouille
8. Cars
9. A Bugs Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 am 
Limited Edition

I haven't seen Wall-E (and probably never will, given the crap I've heard about it), Cars, or Ratatouille (we have them on DVD, it's just one of those I never got around to watching)

Of the ones I've seen, from best to worst:

1. Toy Story
2. Toy Story 2
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Finding Nemo
6. A Bug's Life

2 and 3 were pretty much tied... I call both of them my "second favorite" LOL

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:29 am 
Collector's Edition

I don't get Wall-E until September so the other eight:

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Ratatouille
6. Toy Story 2
7. A Bugs Life
8. Cars

I'm not real sure of the top three. They're all kinda interchangeable - Toy Story is #1 because I just grew up with it watching the VHS almost every day (I watched TLK every other day). Finding Nemo is just flawless, and The Incredibles, well, is incredible. The only movies I actual had trouble watching were Cars and Ratatouille though. I think Wall-E might eclipse the list though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:32 am 
Gold Collection

Won't see Wall-e until next month, but for the rest-

1. Finding Nemo
2. Ratatouille
3. Toy Story 2
4. The Incredibles
5. Cars
6. Monsters Inc
7. Toy Story
8. A Bugs Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:38 am 
Platinum Edition

After seeing "Wall-E" for the third time I am going to have move him right to the top of the list. Everyone should have "Wall-E" at the top of their list.

1. Wall-E
2. Cars
3. Toy Story
4. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story 2
6. Finding Nemo
7. Ratatouille
8. Monsters, Inc.
9. A Bugs Life

I rated my list on watchability. How many times have I seen each one? Which one do I reach for when I want to 'just watch a movie'? While not listed as my favorites in order (that would really get me in trouble because my number one favorite is "Cars") I just listed them in order of how often I would watch them. And yes, if "Wall-E" were currently available on DVD it would be my most watched film.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:02 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Simba3 wrote:
I still need to take some more time to absorb Wall-E, but I think this is about how my list would look:

1. Toy Story/Toy Story 2
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. Wall-E
5. A Bugs Life
6. Ratatouille
7. Monster's Inc.
8. Cars

Since everyone else is separating the Toy Story movies, I guess I will as well. I just grouped them together since the stories both revolve around the same characters. So, here goes

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. Wall-E
5. Toy Story 2
6. A Bug's Life
7. Ratatouille
8. Monster's Inc.
9. Cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:14 pm 
Limited Edition

drfsupercenter wrote:
I haven't seen Wall-E (and probably never will, given the crap I've heard about it)

Wow, whoever has been telling you infromation on Wall-E has no taste in movies. The film has a 97% fresh rating on rottentomatoes.com and in my opinion, is probably the best movie I've seen in the last ten years. You should go see it. It is truly spellbinding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:16 pm 
Limited Edition

I honestly dont know how to sort these. It would be more difficult for me to number/rank them (because not all the films in the bottom half are "bad")...so I am just gonna grade them

Finding Nemo - A Heartwarming and adventerous from beginning to end
WALL-E - A Same as the above. I love the dark satire that played into the film.
Toy Story 2 - A- Great storyline that has the best of everything mixed in.
The Incredibles - A- Exciting and suspenseful
Cars - B+ good movie, exceeded my expectations in story and characters (and not as cliched as people thought it would be)
A Bug's Life - B+ adventerous and funny, seems a bit more cliche now than when I first saw it though but still funny
Toy Story - B it's fun and memorable but I did not like how some of the characters were portrayed
Monster's Inc. - B- it's okay but nothing really memorable
Ratatouille - C ack, did not like the characters at all (except for the food critic), storyline was just dissappointing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:50 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Watchability wise Monster's, Inc. dominates the list. But for favorites:

1. Wall-e
2. Ratatouille
3. Toy Story
4. Monster's, Inc.
5. The Incredibles
6. Toy Story 2
7. A Bug's Life
8. Cars
9. Finding Nemo

It aggravates me to no end that my 24/7 texting cousin was doing it during our viewing of Wall-e! Maybe she was pissed that the movie looked down at people who are attached to their technology. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:28 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Time for an update with the viewing of Ratatouille and a prediction of where Wall-E will most likely fall.

1. Toy Story 2
2. Monsters Inc.
3. Finding Nemo
4. Toy Story
5.Wall-E
6. A Bugs Life
7. Ratatouille
8.The Incredibles
9.Cars

Changes to the list:

Toy Story fell to 4th from 1st

With the addition of Wall-E, Bugs Life, Incredibles and Cars all fell 1 spot more or less, Ratatouille went from 4th to 7th.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:31 pm 
Special Edition

Time to update! ;)

1. Finding Nemo
2. Cars
3. The Incredibles
4. Monsters Inc
5. Ratatouille
6. Wall-E
7. Toy Story
8. A Bug's Life
9. Toy Story 2

But I wasn't sure if I should put Wall-E or Ratatouille for the 5th place... I need to watch them again to rank them properly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:25 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment
Updated:
Finding Nemo.
WALL-E.
Ratatouille.
Cars.
Monsters Inc.
The Incredibles.
Toy Story 2.
A Bug's Life.
Toy Story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

- Toy Story 2
- Wall-E
- A Bug's Life
- Monsters, Inc.
- Toy Story
- Finding Nemo
- Cars
- Ratatouille
- The Incredibles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next