Disney Songs in Disney Shorts?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Robertson

Disney Songs in Disney Shorts?

Post by Robertson »

So, in the Donald and Goofy cartoon "Billposters", Donald and Goofy both whistle and sing Whistle While You Work a couple of times. I know that the Disney characters would sometimes sing popular songs of the time, but it was a bit jarring to hear one from a Disney film. Although it was probably supposed to be a joke, it almost felt like self-promotion, and, well, it was just kinda weird. Does anyone know of any other early instances of this sort of thing?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Several Goofy appearances/shorts often features him singing the first few bars of "Oh the World Owes Me A Livin' ", which was first used in 1934's Silly Symphony "The Grasshopper and the Ants" as well as Shirley Temple's film in the same year, Now and Forever.

"Pluto's Blue Note" features him lip-synching to Bing Crosby's cover of "You Belong To My Heart", which was originally in The Three Caballeros.

And of course, the "Disneyland" television show always opened with "When You Wish Upon A Star".

I'm sure there's more, though I can't really think of them off-hand.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anders M Olsson »

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from Song of the South is sung by Donald in Soup's On (1948) and by Goofy in Man's Best Friend (1952).
Robertson

Post by Robertson »

I forgot about World Owes Me a Living. "On Ice" is at least one example where that one's used. Thank you.
Anders M Olsson
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anders M Olsson »

Two more:

Whistle While You Work is also in Honey Harvester (1949)
and
When You Wish Upon a Star is in Donald's Dilemma (1947)