Create your own PE DVD Cover art!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

you rock, Chernobog!
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Here is my first try!
Don't be too hard on me :lol:
It's the first time I try such a thing.

It's a 10 disc box featuring the platinums of Snow white and the 7 dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast!
I only had paint available, so this is made in paint.
Now, what do you guys think?
Last edited by supertalies on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Looks good, but why does the bottom say "including 6 enchanting princess adventures" but it only lists 5 movies?
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

Simba3 wrote:Looks good, but why does the bottom say "including 6 enchanting princess adventures" but it only lists 5 movies?
It says five from what I see.
:?:
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Wow! the Hunchback and Hercules covers are amazing and looks real,with colorful logos and all :shock: those can be real cover for the DVDs :D.
I love your cover,supertalies :D.
Here's my Enchanted cover:
Image.
Sleeping Beauty:
Image.
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

Chernobog wrote:Another one:

About your questuions about cover-making, well, I don't know what to say...

First of all, I take a look at the official covers, compositions, colors, etc, and try to do it in that same way. There is the problem that you have to take preexistent material for working, such as movie posters, past VHS and DVD editions, promotional material, etc.

It's not more than a composition work with the images I think it would fix in the cover and put it together digitally with Adobe Photoshop. I work with macromedia Freehand too, in terms of tipography and graphic elements.

I'm illustrator and graphic designer, and I was thinking of drawing my own Little Mermaid cover, you know, try to draw the characters in the same way they appear in the movie, not totally off-model as usual in DVD covers.

WHOA! :o Awesome job! Have you ever considered working for Disney? You'd be great! :D
TonyWDA
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TonyWDA »

Chernobog wrote:Another one:

About your questuions about cover-making, well, I don't know what to say...

First of all, I take a look at the official covers, compositions, colors, etc, and try to do it in that same way. There is the problem that you have to take preexistent material for working, such as movie posters, past VHS and DVD editions, promotional material, etc.

It's not more than a composition work with the images I think it would fix in the cover and put it together digitally with Adobe Photoshop. I work with macromedia Freehand too, in terms of tipography and graphic elements.

I'm illustrator and graphic designer, and I was thinking of drawing my own Little Mermaid cover, you know, try to draw the characters in the same way they appear in the movie, not totally off-model as usual in DVD covers.

WHOA! :o Awesome job! Have you ever considered working for Disney? You'd be great! :D
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow!

That Hercules cover is the best I've ever seen for the movie; far better than any of the ones that Disney has released.

You have a true talent for not only capturing the look and spirit of a film, but do it in a 'Disney style'.

Fantastic job :D
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

flonder wrote:I had made this cover last year I think, It is not write Platinum Edition but anyway. ( Sorry if it is too big)

And I also have this gift set that I had made for The little mermaid Platinum Edition:

Voila!
( Sorry for my English guys! )

omg i want that cover! lol i love it! it's better than any cover disney has ever made except the Sleeping Beauty Widescreen Edition VHS and Laserdisc was pretty good too!
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

myr_heille wrote:
L&E wrote:This is the first time I do a Disney DVD Cover. I decided to create a new cover for Snow White (inspired on BatB Deluxe Box Set) Hope you guys like it!

Very pretty!! I love it!

and the hercules and the hunchback ones were awesome too! :)
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

jennydumas wrote:
Simba3 wrote:Looks good, but why does the bottom say "including 6 enchanting princess adventures" but it only lists 5 movies?
It says five from what I see.
I edited(?) it.
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

supertalies wrote:
jennydumas wrote: It says five from what I see.
I edited(?) it.
Oh haha, my bad!
:oops:
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Chernobog wrote:Image
These are amazing covers for two very much underrated films. I do have some nitpicks at them, though. For the Hercules one, I think he should be moved a little higher up, having some of his hair covered, that part of his neck, etc. Everything else looks great in this one. I just wanted to ask (if you're willing to answer, that is)- where do you get your pictures? They're all so clean and well chosen, brilliant work.

For the Hunchback one, I think the only thing that could've been done without including anything else is to move Frollo to the center, it looks a little lopsided with him where he is. Also, the inclusion of at least Esmerelda would've improved it, but I can see why you might've chosen not to do so; it'd look really crowded.

Overall, great job on these- despite the minor points I mentioned, they still look very professional, a lot nicer than their original releases. I can't wait for whatever you have cooking next!
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
SleepingBeautyAurora
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora »

Vermin Friends wrote:Also, the inclusion of at least Esmerelda would've improved it, but I can see why you might've chosen not to do so; it'd look really crowded.
Esmerelda can be seen in the flames if you look closer.
"From this slumber, You shall wake
When true love's kiss, the spell shall break."
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Very beautiful. What software do you use to make these covers? Maybe you can give us a tutorial how to do this?
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Chernobog wrote: Image

i wanna die!!!
that is just beautiful, you're doing better than Disney;
this should be sent to Disney along with a signed request or something, we've waited too long.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

The Little Mermaid Whole Series:
3 discs edition-discs 1 and 2 are all the epiosde and disc 3 has bonus features.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I like the sound of that Ariel'sprince :D
It's about time for this precious gem to be released, alongside
The Aladdin series of course!
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Thanks :D Yeah,they should make it,maybe even release it as a Princess DVD (but something like Disney Princess-Compelete Little Mermaid Series or something),here's Aladdin Compelete Series cover:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

My first attempt, be gentle :lol:
(i made this like 4 months ago when the current logo wasn't there yet!
Just recently discovered how you can post images onto the site, to be perfectly honest, today :oops: :oops: )
Last edited by REINIER on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool