Create your own PE DVD Cover art!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Yeah, you're probably right, can't find any though. :)
Taking Screenshots, no I just paused the remote and took the picture
of Joanna
I believe you need software for that right?
I'm terrible with that sorta thing.... :cry:

Anyhow this is a possible version you might wanna buy, additional characters are soon to follow.... :wink:

Another darker one :twisted:

When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Dirty Harry pack your bags...
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

Disney Duster wrote: Steve, was your tutorial...the answer to my questions?
If you mean...
Disney Duster wrote:So...could we talk and maybe you think of coloring some covers I draw or you help teach me online how to do it myself?
...then yes, because what I've done above is how I colour them, but at the moment I'm not in a position to colour other covers, as I don't even have time to do my own. If you've any other questions though on something else or something I didn't cover properly above, please ask and I'll try to be as much help as possible. :)
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Custom Covers for Disney DVDs

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks steve, just trying to figure out if I was waiting for something else. And I say it looks like a good tutorial, but I haven't tried it to find out how it works for me yet.

REINER, I don't like your Great Mouse Detective cover because it looks like Basil is showing that little girl he watches over (Olivia) a gun and will show her how to use it, or worse, it looks like he's going to kill her. Also, the dog is so huge and I don't remember him being a talking character or a big character at all. I think the dog should be more where Ratigan is and then Ratigan and the bat and that sidekick for Basil (Dawson) are more in the foreground.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Wow nice art cover, as a semi-goth UD member I'd love to have that TCB dvd with the Horned King on the cover over Taran and Gurgi.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

steve, I just have to say that your custom drawn cover art is awesome! I also like how you said they look off-model so that they look like authentic cover art. :lol:
But seriously, you draw very very well and the tutorial of how you did it was perfect! Your method is just like ink-and-painting from the olden days of animation except with modern technology.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any cover arts to show. I'm just glad to enjoy the creativity and skills of this boards' members. The talents aren't just limited to photoshop skills, but also placement and general design. Good job, everyone! :)
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Nice Work everyone :) EDIT: Got it to work, was clicking the wrong button :lol:

Here's a 5-minute quick cover, I only have Paint so I decided to keep it really simple.

Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

WOW, just checking this thread again and all you guys did an amazing job on the art work. I really love the Hercules one, and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. AWESOME GUYS! :D
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

steve wrote:I hope this answers everyone's questions - it's gonna be a BIG post...

I'll just use Off-Model Esmeralda as an example. So, here's the scanned drawing.

For the rest, I use a Wacom graphics tablet

Thanks Steve for the tutorial! I've copied and pasted it into a text-document on my computer.

I'm trying to do it your way now with an old drawing I made years ago. If the results are half as good as yours I'd be happy! Unfortunately I don't have such a steady hand as you do and my lines are shaky. Just want to know what type of wacom graphic tablet you use, I know there are several in different price ranges.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Re: Custom Covers for Disney DVDs

Post by REINIER »

Disney Duster wrote:
REINER, I don't like your Great Mouse Detective cover because it looks like Basil is showing that little girl he watches over (Olivia) a gun and will show her how to use it, or worse, it looks like he's going to kill her. Also, the dog is so huge and I don't remember him being a talking character or a big character at all. I think the dog should be more where Ratigan is and then Ratigan and the bat and that sidekick for Basil (Dawson) are more in the foreground.
Yeah dawson should be in here, no doubt, hard to find a decent image though, same goes for basil that's why I used this ''shocking'' picture, sorry if it offended you in any way, well better luck next time I suppose :lol:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

It didn't offend me...unless you intended it to look like he was going to kill her. :lol: But it looks so obviously like that to me I can't believe you couldn't find a better picture.
JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

steve, you should totally do a Pinocchio cover! I hate waiting for the Pinocchio PE! It would be fun if you made one before the cover art is released then we could compare yours to Disney's, sadly I bet yours would be better!
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Disney Duster wrote:It didn't offend me...unless you intended it to look like he was going to kill her. :lol: But it looks so obviously like that to me I can't believe you couldn't find a better picture.
Perhaps you could provide me with better material, if you have time off course, thanx anyway :D
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

BelleGirl wrote:I'm trying to do it your way now with an old drawing I made years ago. If the results are half as good as yours I'd be happy! Unfortunately I don't have such a steady hand as you do and my lines are shaky. Just want to know what type of wacom graphic tablet you use, I know there are several in different price ranges.
:oops: To be honest, I don't have a very steady hand when it comes to the line-art in Photoshop - I actually draw the line up to 10 times (!), quickly moving the pen in a quick swoop (with little control), repeatedly clicking 'undo', and eventually I go over the intended line on the pencil sketch. That way, the line flows and isn't shaky, but it took ages to get the hang of it.

I have an A5 Volito2 Wacom tablet, but I just checked their website and they don't sell them anymore! From what I can tell, the most similar one currently on the market would be the A5 Intuos3.
Mowglie wrote:I hate waiting for the Pinocchio PE! It would be fun if you made one before the cover art is released then we could compare yours to Disney's, sadly I bet yours would be better!
I'd sure hope not! (Thanks for the compliment though!)
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

:oops: To be honest, I don't have a very steady hand when it comes to the line-art in Photoshop - I actually draw the line up to 10 times (!), quickly moving the pen in a quick swoop (with little control), repeatedly clicking 'undo', and eventually I go over the intended line on the pencil sketch. That way, the line flows and isn't shaky, but it took ages to get the hang of it.

I have an A5 Volito2 Wacom tablet, but I just checked their website and they don't sell them anymore! From what I can tell, the most similar one currently on the market would be the A5 Intuos3.
Well, glad to know it isn't just me! :) Big swoop doesn't really work for me, I try to be precise, do it by bits and pieces. I have a small wacom tablet with a hard-plastic cover that isn't available anymore either. I know Intuos, I use one at my work, but it's really pricy. Bamboo seems to be a cheaper alternative, but I've never tried it.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Hope you guys like this one, it took me a while :lol:
I've made a full cover this time, front and back, had to scale it down in order to show it to you.

I really like the lilo & stitch tv series, and it's the only disney show that's been dubbed in dutch that's actually decent to listen too :D
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Another memorable show....

Not quite as I'd imagined this to be, but for now it will have to do, nothing else comes to mind :(
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Great work, Renier! :up:
May I ask what software/equipments you use? :up:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

BelleGirl wrote:Great work, Renier! :up:
May I ask what software/equipments you use? :up:
Thanx! In general Photoshop CS2 and/or Adobe illustrator
:wink: